GPS, AES and WTH

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Orion

Club Guest
Here's the story :1. Garmin 2465LM unit bought 1 year + ago.2. Just had guys at the Garmin stall @ Pavillion KL uploaded the AES POIs and alerts.3. Drove up to/from Penang during Christmas period.4. Most speed traps alerts do come up but missed several ones also - esp the Gopeng one. 5. Got additional alerts that are sooooo annoying, including :a. "Slow down, toll gate ahead"...! And I am NOT exiting that toll, comes up when I am NEAR on EVERY TOLL gate I pass by on the North South Expressway. b. "Approaching Power Grid" - do I REALLY need to know??!!c. Tunnel wind sound effect - "Slow down, tunnel" and I was just passing by the exit of SMART tunnel, not in it!d. Car tyre screeeech sound effect with "Slow down, accident area" - it repeats every 200 meters for the whole 2 km stretch and there were at least 4 streches on the NSE! Who ever programmed this ought to be SHOT and I paid RM50 for the guy to update it. [No time to DIY myself, urgent case]

Those POI alert can be disable/removed.

Sometimes its good to have them as they keep you awake during late night long drive, may save your life bro

My Papago doesn't gives me all those alerts (Don't think they came with it either). Just the normal speed traps, AES and "Keep within speed limit" alerts.

i am using garmin 2465 nuvi..

we can select what are the POI's that we want to be alerted for..
for me, for night driving back to hometown alone, especially at late night, then its quite useful all those unnecessary alert as it at least keep me awake..but sometime i do disable those and take the AES and speed trap only...it work quite fine for me..at least until now...

i am no expert but it can be done quite easily..learn from malfreemaps.com..

wingzee;794272 said:
My Papago doesn't gives me all those alerts (Don't think they came with it either). Just the normal speed traps, AES and "Keep within speed limit" alerts.

Bro wingzee , I'm using Papago also , but no alert for AES . Where did you send your Papago to update ?

My Garmin even play a short prayer when I am approaching a mosque.

haris;794284 said:
Bro wingzee , I'm using Papago also , but no alert for AES . Where did you send your Papago to update ?

Updated it myself via Malfreemaps. Latest map is December 2012 version. :)

I'm using Waze on my Android smartphone... real-time speed camera alert....

wingzee;794328 said:
Updated it myself via Malfreemaps. Latest map is December 2012 version. :)

May i know what is the version number of your latest map is December 2012 version bro ?

The Lokatoo given with my Wife's Inspira is even more happening - It'll tell you to turn just as you pass the junction, and sometimes it goes silent for a long time without giving directions then suddenly start talking when it feels like it.

Definitely got a hantu in this one...

fabianyee;794365 said:
I'm using Waze on my Android smartphone... real-time speed camera alert....

Waze depends on user reports. I spotted some traps and passed AES with no alerts before.

Top Bottom