Going to tyre shop in 2 hours. PS2 or PS3?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
OK guys,

Call me inexperience, but I've never been to a tyre shop in Malaysia to get something done, for the fact that I lived abroad for the past 10 years. So I went to the tyre shop today and told them I've decided to go with PS3. I went there yesterday but never made up my mind yet. So I asked the guy to show me the tyres before putting them on and he said OK check them first before proceeding. They started to remove the RFTs before showing me the PS3.

Well the PS3 tyres did have Michelin stickers on them but they looked so koyak, as if the labels were transferred from other tyres. None of the tyres had colour markings on the side walls. Aren't ALL NEW TYRES supposed to have them? I asked him "oh how come they don't have the new markings? they don't look very new to me"

Him "Ohh .. Michelin tyres got no colour markings wan"
I pointed to other Michelins with markings "those have?"
Him "Pilot Sport don't have"
Pointed to PS3 with markings
Him "different sizes .. some have some don't"

I wasn't accusing him of giving me used tyres man, but his explanations just didn't convince me at all. Oh well, even if the tyres weren't brand new, I'm sure they're still quite new .. I already lost all the mood to argue with them. Just wanted to get it over with, leave and never come back to the dodgy shop. After the new tyres were fitted, he took my car for a drive ALONE .. then told me it's done. Fine, I just settled the payment, walked to my car and found:

THIS

92611964.jpg

10527521.jpg

17651867.jpg

94628861.jpg

I was at Quill before coming to the tyre shop and I'm 100% sure the chip wasn't there. Quill gave it a wash and I checked everywhere before taking off. I showed it to the tyre boy and said I didn't notice that just before coming here, and he said it must be a stone chip. What do you think? The wound is like 1cm long, can see all layers of white paint gone!

I'm not saying the tyre boy or someone else did something to my car, but after all the arguments and tension, they could do something vengeful to make them feel better.

So I'm still not really sure if they gave me brand new tyres, but brand new only last for few days so I don't care. I'm more concerned about the chip on the bonnet now.

Bros, how much do you think it will cost to fix it? Need to respray whole bonnet?

Damn! That's very unfortunate. No biggie, live with it and wait till more chips to appear then send in for re-spray.
Cars' bonnets are prone to bear nicks and dings. Or go with Carbon Fibre!

You should have gone to do up the Clear Bra @ PaintShield in Glenmarie.

OryGanli;530642 said:
Remember to check when is it made too.:wink:

Front driver side: 4809 (Week 48 Year 2009)
Front passenger: 1410
Rear driver: 4909
Rear passenger: 4809

Spaceman;530776 said:
Damn! That's very unfortunate. No biggie, live with it and wait till more chips to appear then send in for re-spray.
Cars' bonnets are prone to bear nicks and dings. Or go with Carbon Fibre!

You should have gone to do up the Clear Bra @ PaintShield in Glenmarie.

That's a very deep chip man. Guess I'll just settle with touch-up paint for the time being.

That must hurt. Touch up paint followed by wet sanding + polishing should solve it for cheap tho. Go ask kc or seech, I'm sure they can help. Alpine white should be an easy color to match too haha.

:( Sorry to hear of your unfortunate incident, NCH. Name and shame the shop man.

Just can't trust anyone these days. :(

Apex Tyre & Car Care Sdn. Bhd. (799444-X)
No.2 Jalan PJS 11/20 Bandar Sunway
46150 Petaling Jaya

BEWARE!

Well I'm not 100% sure if they're fucked up but I certainly know I'm not going there again. Peace of mind is what I need.

stanleycck;530757 said:
I am still on my PS2 Run Flats.............loved them

Wow I thought no one else using RFTs exept me.

Glad to find someone else in here are using them too.

NCH, bro, please update us. What happened at the shop? And hows the PS3 running?

Sorry to hear that bro.

Don't look like a "stone Chip" to me. Looks more like a scrape from a flat screwdriver to me.
I dont think a stone can chip off even the base paint of the hood. That must have been a hell of a stone.

Just patch it up bro. No point in painting the whole hood for just 1 damage.

By the way, how's the tire feeling? Comfy?:wink:

NCH,

How much did the shop offer you for all four RFT?

Cheers

OryGanli;530814 said:
Sorry to hear that bro.

Don't look like a "stone Chip" to me. Looks more like a scrape from a flat screwdriver to me.
I dont think a stone can chip off even the base paint of the hood. That must have been a hell of a stone.

Just patch it up bro. No point in painting the whole hood for just 1 damage.

By the way, how's the tire feeling? Comfy?:wink:

You're right, I don't believe it was a stone chip. More like it was sabotaged on purpose. knn ccb!

Jealous people + beautiful things = vandalism

Yeah gonna touch up la, might call KC or seech tomorrow for advice.

How's the new tyres ah? Already done 100km in dry weather conditions.

My findings:
-Road imperfections are magically gone. DBKL & MBPJ did a great job overnight!
-Ride quality is significantly improved. Very gentle now
-I drive more confidently in PS3, especially taking sharp turns
-Better grip
-I had zero bodyroll in greater cornering speed
-200km/h felt like 170 or 180 km/h on the highway

The difference is day and night OK. I stopped complaining. I stopped avoiding bumps. I'm even OK with the chip on the bonnet now. I feel positive. All just because I'm enjoying the ride.

I now call it an Ultimate Driving Machine.

one regret: Didn't do it sooner

:)

racheltoh;530933 said:
you sold 4 RFT for rm1500??????????????????????

Yeah I know it's bad. But I don't want to go through all the trouble of selling them myself.

Go to Apex and ask for brand new RFTs

You might get mine for RM 6000 with some stickers on them.

can still take back or not? i buy from u...
Astroboy/Schweeps..i can keep them till my next change right...;p

*must remind myself to come read e90 forum more often...*

racheltoh;531029 said:
can still take back or not? i buy from u...
Astroboy/Schweeps..i can keep them till my next change right...;p

*must remind myself to come read e90 forum more often...*

Cannot already la .. too late

I advertised so many times and kept dropping prices .. too bad you didn't get the message

NCH;530880 said:
You're right, I don't believe it was a stone chip. More like it was sabotaged on purpose. knn ccb!

Jealous people + beautiful things = vandalism

Yeah gonna touch up la, might call KC or seech tomorrow for advice.

How's the new tyres ah? Already done 100km in dry weather conditions.

My findings:
-Road imperfections are magically gone. DBKL & MBPJ did a great job overnight!
-Ride quality is significantly improved. Very gentle now
-I drive more confidently in PS3, especially taking sharp turns
-Better grip
-I had zero bodyroll in greater cornering speed
-200km/h felt like 170 or 180 km/h on the highway

The difference is day and night OK. I stopped complaining. I stopped avoiding bumps. I'm even OK with the chip on the bonnet now. I feel positive. All just because I'm enjoying the ride.

I now call it an Ultimate Driving Machine.

one regret: Didn't do it sooner

:)

I'm glad that you are enjoying your new tires. About time to have fun with your car. :D
It's filled with nitrogen right? If it is, remember to fill it with nitrogen, not air.

To change to non RFT

Hello threr.

I am thinking of changing the original RFT to non RFT but what do you do in the event you have a flay tyre as the boot has no space for a spare???

Top Bottom