Going non-RFTs. Who wants my 18" RFTs?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
gilajazz;532781 said:
bro icepop.

No problem. Apology acccepted but only over a teh tarik!! Enjoy the forum & take time to read them! No need effort one...just read oni...

cheers.

dear abang gila

okok ,i has been post my introduction on this anouncements forum .teh tarik is ready but u got to enjoys it wit me otherwise bil on u.hope to meet you guys soon.

GOOD DAY !happy chatting :wink:

Dear guys,

Sorry to awaken an old thread.

Anyone can advise how different is the OEM RFT rims compared to the conventional rims?

Will it be advisable to change the rims as well when converting from RFT to non-RFT?

Cheers!!

alanchan67;570063 said:
Dear guys,

Sorry to awaken an old thread.

Anyone can advise how different is the OEM RFT rims compared to the conventional rims?

Will it be advisable to change the rims as well when converting from RFT to non-RFT?

Cheers!!

Rims = Wheels
RFT = Run Flat Tyres

The original tyres are RFT, some people switch to non-RFT for a more comfortable ride. If you have budget and wish to upgrade the wheels, then it's advisable to sell the Wheels + Tyres.

Thanks guys, meaning normal tyres will go into the OEM rims without problem right? So I can just get the RFTs off and keep it for sale later yes?

I'm happy with the existing 17" rims, so I probably just switch the rubbers. Still considering the absence of spare tyre, whether to get a mobi kit or just an off the shelf tyre sealant for emergencies. How much is the Tyre Guardian sealant and is it as good as advertised?

Was recommended the Goodyear Eagle F1 by a friend, still contemplating.

Well, another set of used RFTs may be up for sale soon - Continental SC 225/45/17 (3 mths/6000 km).

Cheers and many thanks again.

Top Bottom