Going to tyre shop in 2 hours. PS2 or PS3?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

NCH

Club Guest
Finally found a shop where I can trade-in my RFTs. Quick question:pS2 or PS3?Michelin Pilot Sport 3255/35R18 RM 950225/40R18 RM 730Total RM 3,360Michelin Pilot Sport 2255/35R18 RM 1250225/40R18 RM 880Total RM 4,260

astroboy;530627 said:
PS3 above 260kph very nervous.. PS2 is still the best! :top:

But I wouldn't drive at 260 lah .. it's just a 325i ok

and PS3 is RM 900 cheaper

Well actually the extra RM 900 isn't an issue for something of such value .. it's just that I've read a lot of good reviews of PS3

but several people told me PS2 > PS3 but I don't know why.

NCH;530629 said:
.. but several people told me PS2 > PS3 but I don't know why.

Because they have not done above 260kph.. :p

I on Tomyam PS3 also. 225/45R17 at RM510/pc. Is your one Thai made or Europe? The nervous one I mentioned above is Tomyam.. :p :D

Your max is 242kph. No intention to soup it up? :D

astroboy;530630 said:

I on Tomyam PS3 also. 225/45R17 at RM510/pc. Is your one Thai made or Europe? The nervous one I mentioned above is Tomyam.. :p :D

Made in Hungary

astroboy;530630 said:

astro, where did u get your PS3s? thats a good price :)

thanks

Klang.. for the same size, PS2 is RM675, Adrenalin is RM485. If u mind traveling, my friend's shop in Subang offer RM550 for the PS3 225/45R17.. I refuse to support him due to the RM40 difference.. :p He also told its alright and he's done his best..

Klang is a place where tyres moved very fast and often, they play a different game than other parts of the country. Most shop in Klang are sharing tyres to achieve quantity, therefore, their tyre price you can't get else where. Any tyre shop in Klang u walk in also better than KL/PJ price.:smokin:

Came home with PS3.

Too upset to enjoy the ride.

Very unpleasant experience with the tyre shop.

Details later

Scarred the rim kot?!.. opening the RFT is no small feat.. it takes guts and luck not matter how advance is the equipment. Am I right?!

When I change to 2 Yoko C-Drive in Subang, even better machine, also kena. When I change the 2 PS3 in Klang, older generation machine without the press, also kena. The Klang fella told me my RFT is not the hardest in his experience. The EVOx tyre lagi susah buka! :eek:

While we waiting... I saw a white 325 LCI Sport with the plate number beginning with NCH xxxx a couple days back, entering Subang toll into NKVE. I wonder if that's NCH's car. He wasn't using the Tag lane, so I overtake him.. hehe.. :D :D

astroboy;530627 said:
PS3 above 260kph very nervous.. PS2 is still the best! :top:

I wouldn't know, cos I've never hit 260kph. But overall, I am so much more pleased with the PS3 over the PS2's for my car. Michelin claims that all PS3's are the same regardless where they were made. Not too sure if I believe that based on some owner feedback on the tom yam versions.

my vote for PS2...Pilot Sport 3 not up to my expectation when pushed to the limit...

also i hate its aqua-planning behaviour compared to PS2...it is just damn scary...

astroboy;530743 said:
While we waiting... I saw a white 325 LCI Sport with the plate number beginning with NCH xxxx a couple days back, entering Subang toll into NKVE. I wonder if that's NCH's car. He wasn't using the Tag lane, so I overtake him.. hehe.. :D :D

Yes, that's me. Fucking TnG card kena "kad tidah sah" so had to use cash lane. I noticed some LCIs too, which one was you? I check out all the LCIs on the road but I try not to stare at the driver, I thought not everyone is friendly like on BCM hehe ...

looks like PS3 not living up to it's name for some ? That's the vibe I am getting from you guys.

Top Bottom