Getting my e39 very soon

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

zulyus

Club Guest
Hi everyone. I've been following this forum for the last two years and finally I've made a decision to own e39. Begin my hunting for the last two months and now negotiating for the 525 Msport UK spec year 2000. Milage is more than 200000. I've not yet inspect the car physically but the car interior and ext look very nice and superb. Actually found this car through mudah.com and will go to Penang to have a look at the car next week. If everything is ok I will drive the car back to KB. Before making any commitment I would like to welcome advice an tips from all sifus from this forum. Sifu from Penang may recognize the car through this link....http://www.mudah.my/BMW+E39+5+Series+M+Sport+UK+Spec-13419192.htmPlease say something......

Hi bro, just make sure its a real 525i, not 523i as thats what have been advertised. On mudah its stated registration year not manufacture year so need to double check on that as its a UK import car.

Get the VIN from the seller to check engine type and year of manufacture on Realoem.com.

Anyway thats NOT a Sport model, more of a converted SE as the exterior trims are chrome. An original Sport model would have black window trims.

Thanks Bro for prompt response advice. I'll make sure I do that. How about milage? Some of my friends advice if milage is more than 200k better not to buy. But the car look just fantastic to me.

Car looks fantastic because of body lowered and M kit, u can get them done in any e39 for less than RM5000.

Have to check the body, engine and transmission before u seal the deal.

Mileage is nothing if the owner maintain well the car.

Mine is 220k kms and i'm loving it (single vanos only meh).....welcome to 39 tribe

Tq JFt39..what is the different between single vanos and double vanos. Which one is better?

Hi haywire.......you are right. The owner admit that it is 523i. So if it is 523i what is your advice should I go ahead with the deal. Anything wrongn with 523i?

zulyus;715211 said:
Hi haywire.......you are right. The owner admit that it is 523i. So if it is 523i what is your advice should I go ahead with the deal. Anything wrongn with 523i?

Its a totally different engine, depending on year. The 523i is a pre-facelift model, and before certain months in 1998, it is a single vanos M52B25 engine. After that until certain months in 2000, its the double Vanos M52TUB25 (TU stands for Technical Update).

In 2000 the facelifted 525i with M54B25 comes in, 192bhp against the M52's 170bhp so quite a bit of difference. Its also fly by wire throttle, giving you a lighter throttle.

In my opinion, if you can, get the 525i as it has the same power as the 528i (192bhp versus 193bhp)

and...price maybe a bit high for a 523i, sport wannabe? I might be wrong about the price though but there are 523i's selling in the range of RM4x,xxx, one of our forummers has just bought one recently (1999 car).

My e39 Mileage is already 260,000km and still doing well & strong...like Haywire said if previous owner well maintain nothing much to worry bout..

Mine's clocking at 326,128 KM as of this time of posting.

Engine and Gearbox are absolutely Virgin.

Bought it over from 1st owner directly at 220,000KM who religiously replaces Engine oil (fully synth) and ATF oil at 9,000KMs and 40,000KMs respectively.

I just carry forward the religion. ;-)

If you can get 525, it is better bro. Better response. Mine is 177 miles still doing well.

Zulyus, see..lucky you ask first before committing..60k tu bro...
Dont get deceive by the Motorsport badge as claimed by the owner..

this was the car that im about to checked on before i ended up with my silver e39.. yes, the price is on the highside, but try to slash 15k from that price.. plus, i believe its 1999 or lower based on its pre-facelift rear lights..(its not led judging from the picture)

Top Bottom