Garmin NUVI1350

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Garmin Nuvi 1350 is okay lah.. but it has not much extras than a 255 or 205 for that matter..so if price is a concern , might as well go for 255 which about RM550 i think.. the cheapest 1350 is around RM750.. my personal opinion , add another RM200 and get the 765 which is the same dimension but has a host of other invaluable features which the 1350 DOES NOT have such as:
- junction view
- 3-D building view (displays buildings in 3-D)
- Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route)
- Bluetooth wireless technology with A2DP technology (pair with phone and use as handsfree)
- Garmin Locate (marks GPS position when removed from windshield mount so that u can locate where u parked your car earlier)
- MP3 player
- Audio book player
- FM transmitter (can hear thru car audio system)
- Headphone jack/audio line-out ( so , if your UDM got AUX , u can hear thru your car audio..better than FM transmitter..but still , u have both options)

so in short , it has everything the 1350 has and MORE .. for only about RM200 more

nazrie;522485 said:
Garmin Nuvi 1350 is okay lah.. but it has not much extras than a 255 or 205 for that matter..so if price is a concern , might as well go for 255 which about RM550 i think.. the cheapest 1350 is around RM750.. my personal opinion , add another RM200 and get the 765 which is the same dimension but has a host of other invaluable features which the 1350 DOES NOT have such as:
- junction view
- 3-D building view (displays buildings in 3-D)
- Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route)
- Bluetooth wireless technology with A2DP technology (pair with phone and use as handsfree)
- Garmin Locate (marks GPS position when removed from windshield mount so that u can locate where u parked your car earlier)
- MP3 player
- Audio book player
- FM transmitter (can hear thru car audio system)
- Headphone jack/audio line-out ( so , if your UDM got AUX , u can hear thru your car audio..better than FM transmitter..but still , u have both options)

so in short , it has everything the 1350 has and MORE .. for only about RM200 more

Bro Prez, What does the FM trasmitter do? transmit the voice instructions to the car audio system. Mine is a Japan spec. Does it also transmit regular FM signals? I am considering, thanks for the info.

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34685

steven, please click on that. Yes the FM transmitter transmits the audio to your car's audio system using the FM frequencies of your choice ,even for cars with Jap freqs, by tuning to the frequency on your car's radio that YOU choose on the GPS unit (having both on d same frequency) , you can hear the voice output thru your car speakers. Same like iPod /iPhone thingy.. Quality depends on surrounding interference but generally good as you are just listening to voice instructions. But it is not limited to GPS navigation instructions only, by pairing your phone thru bluetooth to the GPS unit, u can use the GPS unit as a handsfree. U can dial and receive calls (with caller ID) using the GPS.It has a phone interface. with the FM transmitter , you can hear the voice thru your car speakers . and the Nuvi 765 has an audio out jack.. so if your car has an AUX IN jack/function..you can plug it in and u can hear the voice thru your speakers as well and not use the FM transmitter function.

nazrie;522881 said:
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34685

steven, please click on that. Yes the FM transmitter transmits the audio to your car's audio system using the FM frequencies of your choice ,even for cars with Jap freqs, by tuning to the frequency on your car's radio that YOU choose on the GPS unit (having both on d same frequency) , you can hear the voice output thru your car speakers. Same like iPod /iPhone thingy.. Quality depends on surrounding interference but generally good as you are just listening to voice instructions. But it is not limited to GPS navigation instructions only, by pairing your phone thru bluetooth to the GPS unit, u can use the GPS unit as a handsfree. U can dial and receive calls (with caller ID) using the GPS.It has a phone interface. with the FM transmitter , you can hear the voice thru your car speakers . and the Nuvi 765 has an audio out jack.. so if your car has an AUX IN jack/function..you can plug it in and u can hear the voice thru your speakers as well and not use the FM transmitter function.

I found the bluetooth loudspeaker function really clear, but the voice quality on the FM transmission to radio tad on the crappy side.

I think we should wait for Garmin models which supports the EcoRoute HD come to our shore. It will have OBDII diagnostic functionality via bluetooth to the OBDII port.

IanDaddy;523990 said:
I think we should wait for Garmin models which supports the EcoRoute HD come to our shore. It will have OBDII diagnostic functionality via bluetooth to the OBDII port.
Oh, do explain the technicality of this technology...... very interesting, but don't know what that means.

There are gadgets such as ScanGauge , DashDaq and many software based (including Iphone) diagnostic tools which connects to your OBD II ports via cable or wireless (wifi/bluetooth). These gadgets can display readings such as rpm , speed, coolant temp, fault codes, fuel consumption and many other data which are store in the ECU, including reset fault codes.

The following is an Iphone based software, check out the following link.

http://www.devtoaster.com/products/rev/

Garmin has come out with similar functionality which uses the bluetooth feature of the GPS unit to connect to the bluetooth enabled dongle connect to the OBD II port. And the GPS's display can display many engine data and more. It will cost USD150 for add-on which is called EcoRoute HD.

Guys, Check this out.

You may want to get a model which support the module.

[video=youtube;DFGsXfy2oR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFGsXfy2oR4[/video]

IanDaddy;524605 said:
Guys, Check this out.

You may want to get a model which support the module.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFGsXfy2oR4

Currently, the HD module not on sale on ebay. Only from Garmin site, requires US Address and US Credit Card (not able to enter full details on M'sian credit card). Anyone has any idea if a third party bluetooth OBDII module would work with Garmin?

Works with any model of BMW? Even e90 / e60 / f10?

Tricky business this is.

Like I mentioned in earlier post that you may want to wait until the supported models become available here,the module has only been in the market for a couple of months.
There is a compatibility list of OBD II cars at the Garmin site, I think some later models of E36 also ok not to mentioned E46 and later ones.

I am waiting for localized compatible models such as 1260, 1370, 1390.

Some parallel imports are available online locally, but don't think it is a good idea to buy from them.

IanDaddy;524341 said:
There are gadgets such as ScanGauge , DashDaq and many software based (including Iphone) diagnostic tools which connects to your OBD II ports via cable or wireless (wifi/bluetooth). These gadgets can display readings such as rpm , speed, coolant temp, fault codes, fuel consumption and many other data which are store in the ECU, including reset fault codes.

The following is an Iphone based software, check out the following link.

http://www.devtoaster.com/products/rev/

Garmin has come out with similar functionality which uses the bluetooth feature of the GPS unit to connect to the bluetooth enabled dongle connect to the OBD II port. And the GPS's display can display many engine data and more. It will cost USD150 for add-on which is called EcoRoute HD.

Get forum / club discount?

Top Bottom