Garmin Nuvi GPS

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
akuadam;457104 said:
Oh Mike..i like it very much hehe..Its definitely faster than M20 bro..Personally I think Linux is performing better than Winmo..But of course both has pros and cons you see..
So smooth and fast..Something similar with iPhone and iTouch smoothness..
Now who says Garmin cannot be touch ??
So when you want to test drive it Mike ??

Hands getting itchy:wink:

Yo guys,
what's your take on the Garmin 765(I think that's the number)?I'm torn between getting the Nuvi phone and just the GPS.

Guna;457181 said:
Yo guys,
what's your take on the Garmin 765(I think that's the number)?I'm torn between getting the Nuvi phone and just the GPS.

Hi Guna,

If you need a new phone then better take the Nuvifone G60 or M20. Most of the functions on the 765 is in the nuvifone. Thats my opinion la hehe...Or a new model will be coming out soon the Garmin nuvi 1460 with 5 inches wide screen..Your's to choose bro ! :top:

akuadam;457377 said:
Hi Guna,

If you need a new phone then better take the Nuvifone G60 or M20. Most of the functions on the 765 is in the nuvifone. Thats my opinion la hehe...Or a new model will be coming out soon the Garmin nuvi 1460 with 5 inches wide screen..Your's to choose bro ! :top:

Thanks bro,that's exactly what I was hoping to hear about thsi Nuvi phone,I'm not sure about the nuvi 1460 la.I know the 5' screen would be very helpfu;l especially for guys with reading problems(namely me) but I really would like something a little conspicuous and the 4.3" looks just fine.So tell me,which is the better choice? the G60 or the M20? I think I tried the G60 and it had a few shortcomings like no MMS.

Guna;457426 said:
Thanks bro,that's exactly what I was hoping to hear about thsi Nuvi phone,I'm not sure about the nuvi 1460 la.I know the 5' screen would be very helpfu;l especially for guys with reading problems(namely me) but I really would like something a little conspicuous and the 4.3" looks just fine.So tell me,which is the better choice? the G60 or the M20? I think I tried the G60 and it had a few shortcomings like no MMS.

Hi Guna,

If you using MMS then better take the M20. M20 comes with 2 colors now, black and red. I like it in red color.

Thanks bro..

akuadam;457611 said:
Hi Guna,

If you using MMS then better take the M20. M20 comes with 2 colors now, black and red. I like it in red color.

Thanks bro..

Akuadam,by any chance could you possibly be in the phone business?if you are,do you happen to have pics and specs on the M20?and what can I expect to pay for it?

Guna;457633 said:
Akuadam,by any chance could you possibly be in the phone business?if you are,do you happen to have pics and specs on the M20?and what can I expect to pay for it?

Yes I'm the authorized for it. For more specs and prices please CLICK HERE

Take your time :top:

akuadam;457377 said:
Hi Guna,

For just navigation the 765 would be ideal.The M20 screen is way to small.Adam what is the solution use to cure itchy hands?:rolleyes:

Mikeong;457822 said:
For just navigation the 765 would be ideal.The M20 screen is way to small.Adam what is the solution use to cure itchy hands?:rolleyes:

People said when hand feel itchy, that means going to kena lottery already..Or rather than wasting your hard earned money to the never ending odds of winning, wire your money to me..at least you get something in return :top:

Mikeong;457822 said:

Sure fire cure for itchy fingers - Lighter wallet.

saat;457891 said:
Sure fire cure for itchy fingers - Lighter wallet.

Mr Saat, how are you ? Been awhile since the last time we chat. Are you still experimenting with your GPS ?

akuadam;457974 said:
Mr Saat, how are you ? Been awhile since the last time we chat. Are you still experimenting with your GPS ?

I'm good and no, I managed to recover and reflash it back to the original US version. Its working as original now. JCV and LA is not worth the trouble.

saat;457981 said:
I'm good and no, I managed to recover and reflash it back to the original US version. Its working as original now. JCV and LA is not worth the trouble.

Glad to hear that. I hope that unit won't brick. Good to know that it works back normal. 5 inches anyone ?

yo akuadam,

u there? can u give me a PM.

or can somebody give me his mobile pls.

thanks.

Is a Garmin nuvi 1460 a good buy? I am looking for one with a large screen (5" for this model) as it's for my parents use. I got a quote from a shop in Low Yat Plaza for RM1230, while my parents got a quote for RM1419 for the same model (with 3 yr warranty, apparently a 1yr warranty is cheaper). They mostly travel in the city, with frequent outstation trips to a few places like Melaka, JB, Penang and Kedah. Something easy to use is a must, and advanced features not needed as they are not tech-savvy.

Warranties - generally I don't bother to buy extended warranties as electronic equipment is generally reliable enough (especially those without moving parts) to last quite a while if you don't abuse it.

Traveler;476286 said:
Is a Garmin nuvi 1460 a good buy? I am looking for one with a large screen (5" for this model) as it's for my parents use. I got a quote from a shop in Low Yat Plaza for RM1230, while my parents got a quote for RM1419 for the same model (with 3 yr warranty, apparently a 1yr warranty is cheaper). They mostly travel in the city, with frequent outstation trips to a few places like Melaka, JB, Penang and Kedah. Something easy to use is a must, and advanced features not needed as they are not tech-savvy.

Warranties - generally I don't bother to buy extended warranties as electronic equipment is generally reliable enough (especially those without moving parts) to last quite a while if you don't abuse it.

Nuvi 1460 is the newer model, also last week more newer model, Nuvi 1350 launched. Generally, all the models shared the same map and differences among them are additional features such as bluetooth, junction view, lane assist and screen sizes.

To your parent, nuvi 255w onwards is good enough while if they are looking for more larger screen then nuvi 1460 is the one. Local Garmin distributor provide 1 year local warranty while what your parent found is the additional 2 years warranty period provided by the shop itself and not from Garmin.

Generally, Garmin products are built to last and very hard to get it spoil from normal use. Do let me know if you looking for either models and I will quote you my best offer price. Cheers :top:

I've got a NUvi 765 and I think it works great especially when you tune the FM transmitter to your car stereo.What I di is load up some mp3 files and listen to it thru the car's system and the nuvi automatically suppresses the music when the sweet lady says something.The 5'' screen would come in very handy for visually challenged folks and I think that is a very good price you got there.Go for it man.

I recently picked up the Nuvi 1460 and the best thing about this device is the screen size. Garmin is giving a promo for this in line with the launch. You get a original Garmin portable friction mount (new type)

cf-md.jpg

and a orginal leather garmin case holder for the GPS

tigergps_2080_47567322

for RM1250 local Garmin set and local Garmin warranty. I got it from the Garmin shop downstairs of Digimall in PJ. Only issue I have is that the device hangs when I am trying to access my phone addressbook via bluetooth from the garmin device. The bluetooth handsfree feature on the nuvi otherwise has been great, and the friction mount base also looks much better than the window mount suction cup.

Top Bottom