Garmin Mobile

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
dzuljazz2001;517553 said:
:listen: compatible to Blackberry Mr Prez? If so, count me in :biggrin:

i tried with my BB Storm and it worked fine...making calls (dialing on the GPS) and receiving with caller ID ..so your fone can be tucked away sumwer... zumo doesnt have FM transmitter and my car no bluetooth ..so I just listened to its own speaker and use it as handsfree... so , I bet the 765 is the same but it has FM transmitter so, can output the sound thru the car audio speakers...but Strictly confidential conversation don't use lah the FM...others can listen if tuned to the same frequency.. then just use its own speakers lah..

saat;518523 said:
The roads and its surroundings changes everyday. New road are opened, existing roads are changed and points of interest mushroom almost everyday. Map producers spend a huge amount of resources to ensure that their maps are up-to-date. Each of these updates are released for the Users to update their maps in their Personal Navigation Device (or GPS). Map updates are not downloaded via the GPS signals during use. When the new maps updates are released and you can download it using and internet connection and a computer. the map is then placed in the memory of the device. Once done, you can use your GPS without the need of an internet connection. Making the map resident in your device also significantly improves navigational function and performance. This mode is applicable to ALL GPS and Navigation devices and applications including Garmin Mobile XT.

P.S. Some maps are free some are not. Garmin map updates are approx USD99 each. This annuity revenue is the business model of map producers.

However, Google map/navigation stores their map in their central DB and when you use it, you utilize your internet connection to download the map of your locale into your temporary memory. So every time you use it, you are accessing the latest map. On the downside, this approach will also delete the map every time you stop Googlemap. You need to have internet connection active during the entire time you are using Googlemaps thus incurring charges. The performance of your internet connection also impacts the performance of Googlemap.

Thanks for the explanation bro. I assumed there were other threads here discussing where to get the latest map right?

Just another silly question ... any idea on how to download it to the handphone, in particular Nokia.

After few days of using ... MobileXT at times slow to response. Is this normal?

Mine's ok.. maybe you need to update the phone's software, if any... my XT initially was slow , then I sent the phone(NOKIA E90) for servicing and got updated software and now no complaints at all.. works like a charm.. if u want faster lock on, use A-GPS which is assisted GPS. It uses the network signals to triangulate your current position and help faster lock-on to the satellite. But be aware that there are charges for data usage if u activate this function. It is a phone function and not the XT's. If you are on flat rate internet charge already , then no worries lah..no extra charge unless it is roaming Like I got charged when I used it in europe without disabling the A-GPS function. If your memory card have big enough memory u can add more maps. I have Europe and Mal,sin, thai maps in mine.

nazrie;519880 said:
Mine's ok.. maybe you need to update the phone's software, if any... my XT initially was slow , then I sent the phone(NOKIA E90) for servicing and got updated software and now no complaints at all.. works like a charm.. if u want faster lock on, use A-GPS which is assisted GPS. It uses the network signals to triangulate your current position and help faster lock-on to the satellite. But be aware that there are charges for data usage if u activate this function. It is a phone function and not the XT's. If you are on flat rate internet charge already , then no worries lah..no extra charge unless it is roaming Like I got charged when I used it in europe without disabling the A-GPS function. If your memory card have big enough memory u can add more maps. I have Europe and Mal,sin, thai maps in mine.

Boss, you happen to know whats your version? Mine is XT year 2008. Eh ... btw, u mean Garmin software or Nokia software?

Sorry , I meant PHONE's software. Check your phone software as nokia usually updates 'em after receiving feedbacks and usually it is always better. To check on your phone , type *#0000# then check nokia's website for current version. If don't mind the DATA charge, then enable A-GPS . If not , disable it. It is in: TOOLS>SETTINGS>GENERAL>POSITIONING>POSITIONING METHOD. Then select (or de-select as the case may be) Assited GPS . Integrated GPS must be selected which is your GPS Satellite receiver antenna. With A-GPS, the GPS positioning is faster.

Nokia software no problem. Can easily do it online.

BTW from where u got your latest mobile map? Same as Bro Saat?

my mapsource is MALFREEMAPS.. if you are on windows ,it is easier.. I am on MAC..not that friendly to MAC..can lah but pening lah... especially to tech IT illiterates like myself... so, i just ask the a friend to do it for me ...

Hi there,

Just go directly to the website www.malfreemaps.com, and look under "Free Public Downloads". Download the latest maps you are interested in. You will have to install the downloaded file to your PC, and it will prompt if you will want to create a img file. Do this and transfer the newer img file over to your Garmin gps device will do (location where your old img is residing in).

Hope it helps.

Neoh

buzzlie;553127 said:
Bro Saat,

I managed to get the ready made map from the above link previously, I mean the map already in .img version. Now its no longer there. Any idea from where I can get the newer .img file?

Top Bottom