Fuel Saving Tips

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

RoderickBeam

Club Guest
Dear Guys,Just wanna know, how you guys drive in order to save more fuel? I have a 2009 BMW E60 530i. I'm very happy with all the gadget available in the car not forgetting the performance of the car is superb compared to the other cars I've got at home. My dad has a 2008 2.4 Camry, mother owns a 2005 2.4 Camry and sister car is 2008 Honda Civic 2.0. I used to drive a 2003 Proton Waja 1.6A and quite satisfied with the consumption.What I dislike is the fuel consumption. I always pump Shell RON97 and when I drive around housing area, the consumption gets really bad. When I drive continuously above 70km/h, the consumption is good and I purposely use highway with toll just for the constant speed.I managed to lower the consumption from 13.6l/100km to 13l/100km. Recently, I've reset the consumption digital meter and managed to drive till 9.9km/l. That's the lowest. Now, it is 10.8km/l because I've drove through some traffic jam.Appreciate if you guys can share more ideas.Thank you =)

You can't improve it by much dude. Its the technological barriers...the petrol engines are not for fuel economy, I am afraid. They are way behind the excellent diesel engines BMW has brought out. wait for the 530d..that'll be a rocker with his 245HP, 540nM torque!...! and still pay peanuts for fuel-Fuel consumption 8.0/5.3/6.3 l/100km urban/extra-urban/combined

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=210122

RoderickBeam, sounds to me you're already getting decent fuel consumption. Do not compare with japanese kitchen appliances.. they're not BMW's.

mizhan;569053 said:
RoderickBeam, sounds to me you're already getting decent fuel consumption. Do not compare with japanese kitchen appliances.. they're not BMW's.

woh! that's a good one mizhan!!

My E90 320i is doing 14.3L/100km at average speed 23kph. The BMW is still heavier than an average kitchen appliances no matter how many plastic clips or aluminum or even magnesium they used for the car. The NVH alone contributed many kilos of the kerb weight

Imagine a gen2 VIOS is slightly short of 1 metric ton while an E90 320i is 1.395 metric ton! That's a massive 400kg difference. The E46 328i is another 100kg extra, closing to 1.5 metric ton!

Have u tried VPower Racing? FC may improve.

mizhan;569053 said:

Haha. Spot on! :top:

If you prefer to save on fuel, try getting those compact cars. I rented the Dugong last week for about 4 days, pumped only RM 30 but was able to drive up to 220kms before returning the car; albeit with a heavy right food and no traffic congestion. :D

BMWs are made for rempit and long distance. :love:

For City-driving........ well,.......... drive a City la.

Chipping in my 2 cents here. As for fuel saving tips...
1. Re-fuel only at 5-6am.
2. Re-fuel as soon as the tank hits the 50% mark.
3. Re-fuel as slow as possible i.e. dont squeeze the trigger too hard.

Fuel consumption wise, you might wanna try installing powerbox. Its been known to give better mpg but those reports aren't coming from kl/malaysia. I haven't bothered to test mine because I drive in the city everyday.

Top Bottom