First the Car...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

thule

Club Guest
Ok... I admit that I need a very catchy title in order to attract attentions from fellow beemers here... Here's the story... after travelling around Klang Valley ie. Sunway (fasline), Jalan Imbi (Bestari Otomotif), Cheras (Yap Brother's, Watan Credit) and Damansara (SG Motor Credit)... I finally purchased a 525i M-Sport 2005 but with new Magnesium N52 engine... full original M-Sport body kit, 18" sport rims, semi-leather bucket seat, spoiler, sun roof... they even change to Titanium trim from the original Dark Walnut for me :top: but the cost? RM298k... and I got it from Beemer!I should be getting the car by this month pending for my number plate bid and loan application... and now I need everyone's suggestion on where to start mod-ding my new drive. Below are my lists sorted by priority... pls provide the places plus contact details (if possible) if you know where to get.. thanks1) CCC conversion from Japanese specs to UK/MYS specs (estimated cost)2) White Angel Eyes Ring Marker (Brand and Price)3) LED Facelift Taillamp (cost)4) M5 side mirror (cost)I am thinking of changing the sport rim to 19" but will it be too soon??? Also I want to get a body kit fixed to my car to make it more agressive looking... any suggestion? Of course... it all boils down to available fund to do...

Oh yes, ICE system too... any reliable shop that is knowledgeable in tuning the sound system for BMW?

Congrat bro:top: Welcome to the world of BMW (banyak makan wang):love:

You should enjoy the car in its original condition 1st and then only start fooling with it! :p

3) LED Facelift Taillamp (cost)
Around 5k including installation. At exoticmods sunway damansara.

4) M5 side mirror (cost)
Original rm6k. Replica but didnt have folding function, rm2.2k. u can get it at Redzone sunway.

Belong to My Wife!!

Congratulations. Is the car light grey in colour? I think I test drove this car and would have bought it until I saw that they (Beemer) had another 2006 525i Msport. I bought the 2006 instead.

is this so called shop named BEEMER located somewhere Uni hospital ???

Rahmath;353157 said:
Belong to My Wife!!

Congratulations. Is the car light grey in colour? I think I test drove this car and would have bought it until I saw that they (Beemer) had another 2006 525i Msport. I bought the 2006 instead.

Actually it's a white one... I wanted to buy 2006 model but it is over my budget which is under RM300k? How much you bought it for?

ICEMAN 13;353249 said:
is this so called shop named BEEMER located somewhere Uni hospital ???

Yeah... drive straight from Uni Hospital and you should be able to see it on your left hand side as you are going down to Section 16 junction. Might be a bit pricey but at least the sales person is professional and helpful...

Thule, I test drove a white one too but it did not have the push start. Must be a different car. I got the 2006 at RM320k.

ICEMAN 13: Yes it's along Jalan University just before the flyover at the Jalan Kemajuan junction.

I agree with Thule. Beemer's sales guys treat you well and have all the answers. I walked in without an appointment and was shown 4 cars and allowed to test drive 2. Almost all other showrooms I visited before Beemer didn't even bother to come up to me for assistance.

Rahmath;353296 said:
Thule, I test drove a white one too but it did not have the push start. Must be a different car. I got the 2006 at RM320k.

ICEMAN 13: Yes it's along Jalan University just before the flyover at the Jalan Kemajuan junction.

I agree with Thule. Beemer's sales guys treat you well and have all the answers. I walked in without an appointment and was shown 4 cars and allowed to test drive 2. Almost all other showrooms I visited before Beemer didn't even bother to come up to me for assistance.

that was exactly what I'd encountered... especially those salesperson from Yap Brother's and Sakura Auto in Cheras... all so LCLY... made me wanna punch them straight in the face

hakim_radzuan;353156 said:
3) LED Facelift Taillamp (cost)
Around 5k including installation. At exoticmods sunway damansara.

4) M5 side mirror (cost)
Original rm6k. Replica but didnt have folding function, rm2.2k. u can get it at Redzone sunway.

Why the 5-Series facelift taillamp so expensive one, BMW (E90) black line taillamp 1k+only, but 5-series taillamp cost 5K:stupid:~???

Steven7;353408 said:
Why the 5-Series facelift taillamp so expensive one, BMW (E90) black line taillamp 1k+only, but 5-series taillamp cost 5K:stupid:~???

I have asked around the salesperson in Beemer... according to him, you have to buy the facelift taillamp (original) at around RM2500 per pair. Even so, the background light will still turn on... that is why you need another ECU to be programmed so that only the 5 lines will be visible. The cost?? Another RM2000!! :eek:

Which brings to the total of RM4500... sigh... have to forgo this thing for the time being

525 M-Sport would not come with Dark Walnut trim but the Aluminium Cube thingy. Titanium is much nicer! I think the Al Cube design looks a bit tacky

Bro, advise you to enjoy the car in its original form first. Also give you chance to pick up any potential bugs. Once car is settled in, then you can consider mods. Otherwise you might void the warranty, which should be standard 1 month.

the 5sili LCI tail lights cannot be RM2500 each...it is about RM2500 for both...

then you will need the cable to convert from old socket to the new socket...about rm200 to rm300

with this only then u will get as what beemer ppl explain...the internal bulb will also light up...but some cars with diff I-Level will get diff behavior for example i-drive error on turn lights failure...

the official retrofit from BMW invovles changing the front lights, rear lights and LCM with wiring mod. costs about more than 10k...

i did mine for a total of RM2700...with a self made circuit to switch off the internal bulb but I still got no time to solve the blinking on start up behaviour...

alxy;353533 said:
Bro, advise you to enjoy the car in its original form first. Also give you chance to pick up any potential bugs. Once car is settled in, then you can consider mods. Otherwise you might void the warranty, which should be standard 1 month.

Yeah... that's what I am thinking. But of course, I will still shop around to check on the prices first...

t2ribena;353535 said:
the 5sili LCI tail lights cannot be RM2500 each...it is about RM2500 for both...

then you will need the cable to convert from old socket to the new socket...about rm200 to rm300

with this only then u will get as what beemer ppl explain...the internal bulb will also light up...but some cars with diff I-Level will get diff behavior for example i-drive error on turn lights failure...

the official retrofit from BMW invovles changing the front lights, rear lights and LCM with wiring mod. costs about more than 10k...

i did mine for a total of RM2700...with a self made circuit to switch off the internal bulb but I still got no time to solve the blinking on start up behaviour...

Read my post again.. I quoted RM2500 per pair :p
Wow... you are able to DIY yourself? I have to salute you la bro... I wish that I know more about engineering. So when will you "gao tim" your blinking during start up problem? Will there be any problems in the long run???

Top Bottom