Final stage of E30 restoration

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Gerald 5;379943 said:
What do you guys thinking about this engine going into my E30.
Or Should it be a E34, M5 B35? engine??

Nice car but your present 4 potter is in serious need of an upgrade!

If you did your car with a M50, then it will come closer to the ultimate E30 conversion once owned by the legendary LONERANGER. ( he no longer is in forum nor drives a BMW afaik ) Oldies who knew him can tell you more..

Btw his mods....too much to even list here.

MKMD428;380601 said:
would liketo ask u one question......u car is lowered...how do you deal with your oil sump pan since e30 oil sump pan is the lowest and scariest part from the under.

I am staying in condo and my parking is at 2nd floor, todate there is no problem what so ever and the height is able to clear all hump... When I sent my rim for respray and was given a 14", yes it scrap the lower lip when coming from my condo's parking and nw back to 16" everything is fine. Hope this answer you question.

Jules;380632 said:
Nice car but your present 4 potter is in serious need of an upgrade!

If you did your car with a M50, then it will come closer to the ultimate E30 conversion once owned by the legendary LONERANGER. ( he no longer is in forum nor drives a BMW afaik ) Oldies who knew him can tell you more..
Btw his mods....too much to even list here.

Yup, agreed. M50?? I throught to go all the way, saw the M3 engine in my earlier attachment, it is 27k from head to toe, my mech said a little complicate to convert. Advise to go for M50B25 and I prefer a S38B38 with 340hp and torque of 400Nm. Now awaiting for my mech quotation including the braking system. Hope it is within my budget.
Note: if I would have to convert to any engine, it si not for the propose to compare but for my own driving satisfaction and desire.

gerald,

the M50 route has been done and there's help available from your fellow forumers. Not sure abt the s38b38.

I now someone who did a S50 conversion....but be prepared to spend.

sure, it not to compare cos otherwise buy a bugayti veyron. However with power comes responsibility and ability to control it......spend on driver education too, please.

bro gerald 5 enough la..don,t racun ..now economy bad and ur posting make me to hunt for e30...he..he..superb car there

jega m5;381002 said:
bro gerald 5 enough la..don,t racun ..now economy bad and ur posting make me to hunt for e30...he..he..superb car there

hehe... E30 good ma, no need to pay installment, pain 1 time only... cheers and happy hunting.
The reason for me to consider engine upgrade is due to the fact the I drove my E30 most of the time now.. thought of enhancing it's driving sensation.
E39 give me the 3S feelng that is safe, steady and serious and....................................
E30 is 3F, fun, fun and more fun...

Gerald 5;381010 said:
hehe... E30 good ma, no need to pay installment, pain 1 time only... cheers and happy hunting.
The reason for me to consider engine upgrade is due to the fact the I drove my E30 most of the time now.. thought of enhancing it's driving sensation.
E39 give me the 3S feelng that is safe, steady and serious and....................................
E30 is fun, fun and more fun...

gerald,

you don't know what is fun in driving an e30 unless it has a tuned m50b25 inside, or m50b30, or m50b32....coupled with a 6 speed box, then the fun really starts......:top:

do a search on the forum and you'll find them.....

teejay;381021 said:
gerald,

you don't know what is fun in driving an e30 unless it has a tuned m50b25 inside, or m50b30, or m50b32....coupled with a 6 speed box, then the fun really starts......:top:

do a search on the forum and you'll find them.....

Agreed, if the FUN here are just refering to DRIVING sensation.. and that is the reason why the gatal is there. Seriously looking at the S38B38 and a full conversion will cost about 20+-k. And this require a bit of serious consideratio.. the battle between the heart and the concious brain.

Having said that, as far as my "fun' defination is concerned in my earlier post. I was also refering to the external mod, internal mod. The process of hunting down parts and accesories where usually are not too expensive relatively to my E39 but hard to come by.... in the bmw related forums, mudah as well as ebay. The oppurtunity to make friend and e-friend in the whole process.
Next tiny thing to put up will be the plate filler, little small thing to enhance the rear look of an E30 quite a bit IMO.

Gerald 5;381058 said:
Agreed, if the FUN here are just refering to DRIVING sensation.. and that is the reason why the gatal is there. Seriously looking at the S38B38 and a full conversion will cost about 20+-k. And this require a bit of serious consideratio.. the battle between the heart and the concious brain.

Having said that, as far as my "fun' defination is concerned in my earlier post. I was also refering to the external mod, internal mod. The process of hunting down parts and accesories where usually are not too expensive relatively to my E39 but hard to come by.... in the bmw related forums, mudah as well as ebay. The oppurtunity to make friend and e-friend in the whole process.
Next tiny thing to put up will be the plate filler, little small thing to enhance the rear look of an E30 quite a bit IMO.

G,
20k for a s38b38 conversion seems like a very optimistic price, unless the price doesn't include the cost of the engine.Lots of other things to do like brake suspension,cooling system, mounts etc. better do you math properly as i know one particular conversion cost about 50k to do, and it was just a drop in with not much major mods to the car.
And if you were to order parts for the S38, you will have to order from germany direct, not to mention the time to wait for parts to arrive.

alternatively you can look at what i've done to my car, with all the additional accesorries and all, list is way too long to list here, *hint*- there are 3 major M parts on my car! :eek:

Gerald 5;380997 said:
are you staying/working somewhere nearby too?

staying and workin nearby..we hav crossed path a few times..like yesterday,saw yer e30 infront of the corner wrkshop wer the white e30 always parked.btw,may i knoe wer u send yours for bodywork?

SuperUnknown;381127 said:
staying and workin nearby..we hav crossed path a few times..like yesterday,saw yer e30 infront of the corner wrkshop wer the white e30 always parked.btw,may i knoe wer u send yours for bodywork?

Haha, you must be the owner of the Red E30 then. Nice ride bro. Btw, another forumer Benst was also there.

teejay;381060 said:
G,
20k for a s38b38 conversion seems like a very optimistic price, unless the price doesn't include the cost of the engine.Lots of other things to do like brake suspension,cooling system, mounts etc. better do you math properly as i know one particular conversion cost about 50k to do, and it was just a drop in with not much major mods to the car.
And if you were to order parts for the S38, you will have to order from germany direct, not to mention the time to wait for parts to arrive.

alternatively you can look at what i've done to my car, with all the additional accesorries and all, list is way too long to list here, *hint*- there are 3 major M parts on my car! :eek:

Sound like an idea, that was what the mech told me....

Gerald 5;381194 said:
Haha, you must be the owner of the Red E30 then. Nice ride bro. Btw, another forumer Benst was also there.

hmm.....ben eh...we do sumtimes meet occasionaly.that red piece of junk?naahhh..fell in lov with urs alredy..kkehkeh..

New plate filler, expect it to look better but not really the case. Perhaps should try on a different type of number plate.
While was at the paint shop to respray the plate filler, squeeeez the boss for one more round of polish (3M) and wax.. everything for FOC. What a place!

Bro, Now you got a mean looking sleigh to fly around town for Christmas...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

karheng;382816 said:
Bro, Now you got a mean looking sleigh to fly around town for Christmas...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Hehe, but a lot of $$ spent la.
Bro, lost your phone number, when can take me to your audio shop le? Anytime convenient to you, just call em. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you too.

Dear all sifu here, some question on M50 conversion. Does anyone try to convert to M52B25 auto engine into a E30 320i M20B20 manual? How much difference compare to M50 conversion? Can I use back the manual gearbox?

Top Bottom