Final stage of E30 restoration

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Boot, under the hood and the rims that make me think a lot.. to change.. not to change??? Aiyoo. Love the current shores but always thinking of 19"

After washing, tak boleh tahan.. still pay a visit to my "old" new babe. Back to original topic.
Undercoat sand down, final inspecton by the boss and I tomorrow before body spray.

hi,bro! I have a few things to get done, but I need yr advice as to which comes 1st. My dashboard is cracked, I am still looking for one. But I think even if I find a good one, 1st-ly, I need a sifu to change it, 2nd-ly, E30 dash very prone 2 crack, so I don't know if to resurface my current one or to change with a 2nd hand one.
I need to get a good paint job, and change my cushion to leather(advisable?). Which should I get done 1st? And can u recommend me a good workshop for these? Also I need recarpetting.
Other little things needs secondary attention. Like the wiring under the hood, need to organise them, quite messy. I am lucky the engine works perfectly well, so I am off this problem. But there is one problem with the gear, or maybe the drive shaft. Every time the gear is engage and when I accelerate and let go the pedal, there will be some sounds from the back and the car will jerk to-n-fro a bit. My friend said this is minor, but having driven auto for long time, this noise can get a bit frustrating. Any idea what this is?
BTW, is yr brakes soft? Mine is, compared to my Toyota.I wonder if this is normal for E30, my mechanic said it's normal.
Any idea where I can get the power window motors? All except driver door is malfunctioned.
So much for now, I believe you shld be busy with ur restoration. I will be waiting to admire ur end product.
Thanks

mkow;377331 said:
hi,bro! I have a few things to get done, but I need yr advice as to which comes 1st. My dashboard is cracked, I am still looking for one. But I think even if I find a good one, 1st-ly, I need a sifu to change it, 2nd-ly, E30 dash very prone 2 crack, so I don't know if to resurface my current one or to change with a 2nd hand one.
I need to get a good paint job, and change my cushion to leather(advisable?). Which should I get done 1st? And can u recommend me a good workshop for these? Also I need recarpetting.
Other little things needs secondary attention. Like the wiring under the hood, need to organise them, quite messy. I am lucky the engine works perfectly well, so I am off this problem. But there is one problem with the gear, or maybe the drive shaft. Every time the gear is engage and when I accelerate and let go the pedal, there will be some sounds from the back and the car will jerk to-n-fro a bit. My friend said this is minor, but having driven auto for long time, this noise can get a bit frustrating. Any idea what this is?
BTW, is yr brakes soft? Mine is, compared to my Toyota.I wonder if this is normal for E30, my mechanic said it's normal.
Any idea where I can get the power window motors? All except driver door is malfunctioned.
So much for now, I believe you shld be busy with ur restoration. I will be waiting to admire ur end product.
Thanks

1) Dashboard- Good condition one is difficult to come by, saw 1 selling in this forum with a whooping RM1200. My take is not to change as the non-crack will eventually crack too, that is provided you are not so so particular. BTW mine is crack too, and I just use some black silicone to paste it and it is not that visible.
2) Paint or seat 1st- I will do the paint first as they will sure dirty your seat when they are sanding you car down. Having said that, engine should be your 1st priority before anything else.
3) I have a workshop where 1 of the partner is also driving an E30, they are quite good in repairing and sourcing for chop shop part, pm me if you are interested. PS: no idea of the source of the sound but I can call my mech to have a look and advise/quote the repairing cost if any. To have a look at it is FOC.
4) Power window- both my driver side front and rear koyak and they repair 1 and replace another for RM250 including labour.
My ride should be out this Fri or Sat and shall post pic then.

gerald, the project looks like its turning out good. may i know, how much does the paintjob cost you? and where exactly is this paint shop?

Aidi_E30;377660 said:
gerald, the project looks like its turning out good. may i know, how much does the paintjob cost you? and where exactly is this paint shop?
It is at Mayang, cost hehe, not confirm yet, will let you know once it out.

Front and rear view. let dry overnight and tomorrow will be polishing, sparaying small part such as pillar, plate holder, trim etc and final touch out. Day after, installation and Friday.. yahoooo

Wah lau eh! This is what i call an extreme makeover....:top:

Now i know why you have not contacted me for the ICE-ing yet...haha

ICEMAN 13;378179 said:
bro ...the black is spectacular ....

more pictures plssssssss

Saw your thread and the work is really detail man...I am very sure your completed product might look better than new. Salute

karheng;378176 said:
Wah lau eh! This is what i call an extreme makeover....:top:

Now i know why you have not contacted me for the ICE-ing yet...haha

Haha.. Cheers bro, will get in touch with you soon. Thanks for your help in advance and also for selling me a almost rust free car. More pic to see if can make you "lau how sui" not, and car should be ready by tomorrow.
Light front and rear up, almost completed side``

Top Bottom