Final stage of E30 restoration

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
hotfoo36;383005 said:
Dear all sifu here, some question on M50 conversion. Does anyone try to convert to M52B25 auto engine into a E30 320i M20B20 manual? How much difference compare to M50 conversion? Can I use back the manual gearbox?

total conversion labour cost about 4k
total raw materials -halfcut and various pieces 8k
other essential upgrades, suspension,brakes ,electronics etc 3k

you cannot use the m52 family, dont ask why, it can't be used
you cannot use your old gbox, again dont ask why
you can use m50 family auto box provided the car is post 88, i.e. m40 bodies

or sell your car and get one that has all of the goodies, less headache, less surprises
i know of a 6 speed m50b25 that is up for sale at the right price......:eek:

hotfoo36, I am no sifu, but was quoted by 2 workshop and I am sharing this with you. teejay is right, M52.. complicated but can be done and expensive. M50B25 no problem, total conversion with half cut and labour, car up and running about 10k. If you want a cheaper alternative, M42 or M44 twin cam, less than 8k all done. The above quotes cover everything except suspension upgrade. Brake system will depend on your luck during the purchase of the half cut. Pm me if interested.

Gerald 5;383025 said:
hotfoo36, I am no sifu, but was quoted by 2 workshop and I am sharing this with you. teejay is right, M52.. complicated but can be done and expensive. M50 no problem, total conversion with half cut and labour, car up and running about 10k. If you want a cheaper alternative, M42 or M44 twin cam, less than 8k all done. Pm me if interested.
Or this..
M Number S38 B36 Kat
Performance
Top speed 250km/h
Acceleration 0-100km/h 6.3s
Elasticity 80-120km/h (4th gear) 7.6s Management -
Displacement 3535cc
Cylinders 6
Valves per cylinder 4
Am still waiting for a official quote, verbal...20k+ below 25k

Top Bottom