Feedback on BMW Scanner 1.4.0

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
bkslee;610689 said:
Hi Jarance,

Installed the programme (full ver.) and got the scanner up and running.. however i dont not sure what to do with it. hehehe.. did a scan and found some errors, tried to clear it but not all can be cleared. Can share what are the things that we can do with the scanner? many thanks

bryan, not all the alarm can be cleared. I also have quite a number alarm that I can lived with..

you can control the alarm if you have.
1. You can make it beep one time when you open or closed the door like a proton. I make mine to beep when closing but not when opening.
2. I can make the to auto close when the speed is > 28 Km/hr.
3. I can make the door to auto lock after 2 minutes when I unlock the door but did not open it.
4. I can make my oil change every 8,000Km instead of the stupid 15,000KM
5. I can disable the alarm for the License Plate when I can it to LED without the need of putting a resistor.

btw, go easy on the program especially the DME. If you corrupt the file, it may not start again. so be careful.

Another trick or tip, it to take a screen shot of what is the default setting. If you change any setting or mess up the
module setting, you can always revert back to the original.

Another thing is to play with one module at a time and check out each individual change.

bkslee;610689 said:
Hi Jarance,

Installed the programme (full ver.) and got the scanner up and running.. however i dont not sure what to do with it. hehehe.. did a scan and found some errors, tried to clear it but not all can be cleared. Can share what are the things that we can do with the scanner? many thanks

First, go into "live data' and see your engine idling speed etc. This is mostly for your amusement only.

livedata03.jpg

livedata01.jpg

Then go to 'Coding' in each of the module menu. This is the example for the ZKE module:

GM5Module.jpg

And another one for the PDC:

PDCsetting.jpg

Change the options to your preferences.

Bro Jarance I'm using back your images from the other thread.

I just heard from jeffrey that the scanner CANNOT detect his e36.

I just test the scanner on irdanz E46/2000. His diagnostic connector is round type.
The scanner can detect the modules.

XXX call me today and say his dashboard all lightup like a chirstmas tree and he blaming me for sabo his car.

jarance;610702 said:
bryan, not all the alarm can be cleared. I also have quite a number alarm that I can lived with..

1. You can make it beep one time when you open or closed the door like a proton. I make mine to beep when closing but not when opening.

It beeps one time when locking, beeps twice when unlocking (if you set it). Might me the other way though, cant remember precisely. Lights also the same, blinks once and twice depending on locking/unlocking

Set mine at 16km/h, my wife likes to lock the door as soon as it moves but 8km/h is too quick for me

3. I can make the door to auto lock after 2 minutes when I unlock the door but did not open it.

Done that too, thanks Jarance

This one confuses me, I can see the days (716 days originally (cant remember precisely), but I cant see any mileage setting, only in Litres. What does that mean? 2700 litres currently (cant remember precisely)

5. I can disable the alarm for the License Plate when I can it to LED without the need of putting a resistor.

Did not require this

Service.jpg

Hmm....seems like it does have the Kilometers on the options. But I was looking exactly at this setting because I wanted to change it to 8,000km but couldnt find it.

But maybe its because it was 3.30 in the morning and I was sweating like crazy...

But still, what it means by Liters? How much fuel is used before the next oil change?

Finally manage to installed the driver and manage to clear few error code with my Win Xp but the Win 7 still not.

Bro haywire can u teach how to go to step ZKE5 coding coz really interesting to set the door locking automatic when speed reach 28km/h. Thanks in advance.

Btw tis scanner also can use for BMW model

* E38 (7')
* E39 (5')
* E46 (3')
* E53 (X5)
* E83 (X3)
* E85 (Z4)

http://www.resettools.com/bmw_scanner_1.4.0

Only difference was the indicator led light was at the bottom of the scanner.

Alex5522;610729 said:
Finally manage to installed the driver and manage to clear few error code with my Win Xp but the Win 7 still not.

Bro haywire can u teach how to go to step ZKE5 coding coz really interesting to set the door locking automatic when speed reach 28km/h. Thanks in advance.

Btw tis scanner also can use for BMW model

* E38 (7')
* E39 (5')
* E46 (3')
* E53 (X5)
* E83 (X3)
* E85 (Z4)

http://www.resettools.com/bmw_scanner_1.4.0

Only difference was the indicator led light was at the bottom of the scanner.

Did anyone notice the warning on the page?

!! CAUTION !!! Always use the software in the attached CD. Never use other 1.4.0 software. If you already installed other BMW 1.4.0 software in your computer, you must re-install your WINDOWS system!!!

April 26, 2010: Only Units Purchased Directly from PA Soft can use the latest software released on their website. The newest update provides no extra functions but is designed to cause damage to any all units that were not distributed directly by PA. All units shipped after this date have been updated to help prevent incidental damage.

I didn't receive any CD for the software so I downloaded it from http://www.bmw-scanner.com/?page=bmw-scanner_files_download, and installed it.

I've plugged the scanner into the computer to install it but haven't plugged the thing into my E46, now I'm worried I'm fcuked. Can anyone verify this?

Salut

Bro tis GB was not come with CD lar.
Since so many of us has use the scanner so no comment if u are not dare to plug in ur E46 to test it.

Just try it bro then gv us a feedbck.
Thanks

solo;610734 said:
Did anyone notice the warning on the page?

!! CAUTION !!! Always use the software in the attached CD. Never use other 1.4.0 software. If you already installed other BMW 1.4.0 software in your computer, you must re-install your WINDOWS system!!!

April 26, 2010: Only Units Purchased Directly from PA Soft can use the latest software released on their website. The newest update provides no extra functions but is designed to cause damage to any all units that were not distributed directly by PA. All units shipped after this date have been updated to help prevent incidental damage.

I didn't receive any CD for the software so I downloaded it from http://www.bmw-scanner.com/?page=bmw-scanner_files_download, and installed it.

I've plugged the scanner into the computer to install it but haven't plugged the thing into my E46, now I'm worried I'm fcuked. Can anyone verify this?

Salut

I think bryan have download from the site and use it without problem.

haywire;610708 said:
Service.jpg

Hmm....seems like it does have the Kilometers on the options. But I was looking exactly at this setting because I wanted to change it to 8,000km but couldnt find it.

But maybe its because it was 3.30 in the morning and I was sweating like crazy...

But still, what it means by Liters? How much fuel is used before the next oil change?

Service Interval selection

1. day, litres or kilometer. This means which ever comes first.
In terms of days, this means after 716 days, your inspection light will comes on even though you have not traveled 25,000km
or after you consumed 2369 litres of petrol or you have traveled 25000 km.

wah!!!~~~~ so many things ka, i think i have to slowly digest it after my trip.. Jarance, we nid another round of TT la... hehehe

After scan my car and notice that some error code can be clear and some cannot.
Now left 3 error codes which can't be clear from :
DME 85 [133] Signal CAN ASC 3
7E [126] Activation Solenoid valve, tank-leak diagnosis pump
7F [127] Activation Solenoid valve, suction pump

Maybe need to send the car to my mech on monday for check. Btw not understand the error too.

jarance;610739 said:
I think bryan have download from the site and use it without problem.

Yup i've downloaded it and can confirm i have no problem what so ever ... I think it's just a scare tactics employed by the company :4:

i manage to install it as per advise by u sifu..but i only can use in on my e46 obd2...when i try to scan on e36 obd1..i cant get thru it even it says the driver has been installed and the cable has been connected..

Tried on my E38 year 1996 and it works. But didn't have the time to explore except clearing the errors.

Will try later to my father's E66...good stuff I can say.

Thx Jarance for the GB effort...hope u have more good things to share in BMWCM!

mine after erasing errors which I never knew I had
Now asc & abs lights up, engine at 5900rpm starts to misfire...knn..

jarance;610702 said:

btw, go easy on the program especially the DME. If you corrupt the file, it may not start again. so be careful.

Another trick or tip, it to take a screen shot of what is the default setting. If you change any setting or mess up the
module setting, you can always revert back to the original.

Another thing is to play with one module at a time and check out each individual change.

Strange, I managed to get the beep when I unlock. When locking with remote I managed to get it to beep once but it did not work after. Jarance, did you code with the engine running or just ON ?
I tried the DRL but does seem to work except the EU/US option.

Next is the change some settings checking of light bulbs like the parking light etc. Can have highpower LED without the resistor ,some of those with built it resistor cost a bomb.

Jarance,
I think you can use read the eeprom and save those HEX file, Which can be used to revert back the settings by writing back to the eeprom.

e39-Boy;610799 said:
Alex..are those errors in shadow memory ?

Yes it was 6 error codes b4 erase, after erase it left 3 error codes in shadow memory now.

Top Bottom