Feedback on BMW Scanner 1.4.0

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jarance

Founding Member
OK Guys, some of you have got your hand on the scanner.Appreciate some feedback on the installation, error found, module found.Please specified as follow:-1. Model : E46/20042. Window OS : Window XP3. Module found : Please screen shoot of page 1, 2 ,34. Error found and what is the solution?5. other issue or tricks that you have found. (screenshot if possible)Thanks
bmwscannermodem.jpg

Issue #1. - Hardware Faulty.

When you installed the driver and try to run the program, you will get an error "Hardware Faulty"

This is not the scanner problem. To solve this problem, just plug the scanner to the diagnostic port and try again.

Capture.jpg

Issue #2 - Win7 or Win Xp cannot installed the USB driver.

Chances is the driver is not window 7 compatible or you have not logged in as "Administrator"

Latest win 7 driver can be download at the following:-
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20808.zip

Check out the the page located at http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm for more details.

The USB driver can be installed for win7-32 bits without any issue.

However, for Win7-64 bits, you can installed it by downloading the latest driver from www.ftdichip.com

Jarance, u da man....

If every company has such after sales service!!! :)

ALBundy;610428 said:
Jarance, u da man....

Like what they say when realised the submarine cannot dive.. "Got warranty mah!".. :4:

ALBundy;610428 said:
Jarance, u da man....

Ha.. ha.. I only share my experience. When I hit the brick wall, I cant find much help.

sharing is caring..

sir jarance ...what antivirus system are you using ...the jacky chan one ??

OK Guys, append below are some of the step by step instruction to install or update the USB driver for Win 7-32bits.

1. Take note of where the folder where the program is installed. In my case, the program
is stored at I:\3 in 1\bmwscan140a\bmw 140 driver. This info is necessary to "tell" win7 to locate of the USB driver.

inst01.jpg

2. Press Window "Start" button and chose "Control Panel" GUI button
inst02.jpg

3. Select "System" GUI in the control panel and select "Device Manager" GUI button
inst03.jpg

4. At "Device Manager" menu, Double click on "USB Controller" or look for "other device which is label as BMW Scanner"
inst04.jpg

5. Scroll to the USB device that is lable as "BMW Scanner"
inst05.jpg

6. Right click of the mouse to invoke sub menu of the "BMW Scanner"
Select or click on the "Update Driver Software"
inst06.jpg

7. Select "Browse My Computer for Driver Software"
inst07.jpg

8. Click "Browse" and locate where the software folder is located.
ensure that "Includes subfolders" is selected
inst08.jpg

9. Click on the folder which is label as "Driver" and press the "OK" button.
inst09.jpg

10. Once you confirm the folder is correct, click on the "NEXT" button to install the USB driver.
inst10.jpg

11. When Win7 have installed the driver correctly, you will get the confirmation message.
inst11.jpg

12. Right click on the BMW Scanner and select "Properties" to confirm
"The driver is working properly"

Please ensure that you MUST have "administrator right" to install the USB driver.

Bro,

Have plugged in and out the Scanner Adapter almost 1 hour in the car and sweating almost wet the whole body but still my computer couldn't detect the scanner. It keep on showing the scanner adapter was not plug in.
FYI the driver was installed and it was showing on the application. Pls advice thanks and rgds.

Alex5522;610528 said:
Bro,

Have plugged in and out the Scanner Adapter almost 1 hour in the car and sweating almost wet the whole body but still my computer couldn't detect the scanner. It keep on showing the scanner adapter was not plug in.
FYI the driver was installed and it was showing on the application. Pls advice thanks and rgds.

alex, can you post a screenshot of the faceplate when you run the program the first time.

did you get this page
Capture.jpg

or this page
bmwscanner.jpg

and did you plug in the scanner properly as shown below:-

The label should be facing to the door with the LED light turn ON.

CopyofP1060233.jpg

I just got it to work no problem. You have to push the scanner firmly into the slot, you should see a red LED near the label on the scanner lights up. So far recoded my remote open door with acoustic signal.

having problem installing driver on windows 7 x64, anyone manage to get it installed?

err.. you guys dont sleep? too excited with the new toys?

gnik, I will try to make a installation step for win 7 if I can get my son to lend me his laptop again.

yesterday I have install the driver for 6 laptop with win7 and 2 laptop with winxp.

Heh heh...now the question starts... What's shadow memory ? Searched other sites and it says this is ignorable.. Anyone ?

e39-Boy;610598 said:
Heh heh...now the question starts... What's shadow memory ? Searched other sites and it says this is ignorable.. Anyone ?

Shadow memory are the alarms that were previously registered by the individual module.

The alarms are kept in the shadow memory in order for the technician to check for the "previous" history.
Most people just "clear" the alarm and check for the "latest" or standing alarm.

jarance;610597 said:
err.. you guys dont sleep? too excited with the new toys?

gnik, I will try to make a installation step for win 7 if I can get my son to lend me his laptop again.

yesterday I have install the driver for 6 laptop with win7 and 2 laptop with winxp.

jarance got a busy schedule last nite...

haywire;610610 said:
jarance got a busy schedule last nite...

bro, sorry did not have time to scan your car.

btw, where did you go lar. I was looking for you and IM after I have done digitalpunk computer.

e39-Boy;610598 said:

Mind telling what are the sites. I have show faults stored in the shadow memory too.

Jarance, there is also the red (fault currently present) and yellow (fault not currently present) color code for each of these fault codes. Does yellow mean, like you mentioned is history ?

Also the code is in HEX so 5A is 90 in decimal, what is the P code equivalent for this P090 ?

Sorry , so many questions.

Top Bottom