F30 quality issue

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
supersonic;764355 said:
Noted n thks anyway. But I wish you'd have given reasons for yr comments ...cheers

I hv reasons which can be shared over teh tarik but not to public.

initialM;764381 said:
I hv reasons which can be shared over teh tarik but not to public.

Actually, it means you need to buy him some drinks to know what he saw. Heheheheheehe ...

tIANcI;764397 said:
Actually, it means you need to buy him some drinks to know what he saw. Heheheheheehe ...

No need to buy me drink. Teh tarik will cost only rm1.50 the most plus roti canai telur another rm1.50....

ALL those "Flaws" are prevalent in the SKD units from my perspective.It shows that the "Malaysian" hands r not up-to-standard to handle the German tech or QC!!u may hv all the german technicians in the Kulim plant,but with the few malaysians handling the installations,lots of things can go pass the german's eyes,coz of low work ethics among malaysians!!So,from my point of view,these new vehicles dispatched to customers MUST hv 99% defect free condition,or BMW Msia shud just refund,n re-book a one.

..so this means that all brand new BMW's sold on territory of Malaysia, are actually assembled locally ?? Is this correct ?

On local assembled vs imported with regards to wind noise, both have it. I noticed it with the test drive units which were CBU. On closer observation, the noise seems to be coming from the side mirrors and not the windows. Seems like the design of the mirrors is the cause. I'm waiting to see if the M-mirrors are more streamlined or wait to see what Schnitzer comes up with. On road noise, have a look inside your engine compartment, only a piece of plastic between your tyres and the engine bay, no metal, weight savings?? Maybe there is some compound you can apply on the plastic covers in the wheel arch, apparently 3M has something like that.

leonon777;764345 said:
I just collected my F30 last weekend, and so far the issue I face is the driver's door. It just doesn't close as well as the other doors. The driver's door has to be closed considerably harder than the order doors. Have yet to check if there are any other issues. I am already not happy about the door issue considering this is my first continental car. I'm just hoping there aren't any other issues.

I got this issue too but over the weeks have gotten used to just shutting it that bit harder. Good thing it's a solid thud rather than clanking you get in Jap cars that feel lighter. The F30's doors also feel a bit heavier than past 3ers I have owned

Juan Powerblow;765401 said:
I got this issue too but over the weeks have gotten used to just shutting it that bit harder. Good thing it's a solid thud rather than clanking you get in Jap cars that feel lighter. The F30's doors also feel a bit heavier than past 3ers I have owned

I hv same on my f30, both front passeger & driver door hv to be closed heavier :)
My SA said it is normal for bimmer due to its material

Ecc0;764459 said:
..so this means that all brand new BMW's sold on territory of Malaysia, are actually assembled locally ?? Is this correct ?

not ALL brand new models r locally assembled...the f30 debuted with CBUs,nw its SKD (locally assembled)!so,once these "local" fellas put their hands in,its sh*t tat results,not all but a few!but,even if there were to be any assembly defects,the rectification by "locals" r below sub-standard!who knows,maybe some leftover Proton parts r fitted as fittings in discreet locations??import one in yourself?u hv to fork out custom duty eqv for the entire family of the customs!

Touch wood, my SKD has been pristine so far except the door issue, which is a non defect issue and yeah, a bit of wind noise but I suspect that's from the mirrors too. Otherwise, very well put together. Everything's solid A+. If any issue like I had with the F10 pre-delivery, it's good you got it from the likes of Ingress with a body shop that can rectify.

Have a E92 323i for the last 3 yrs plus... This was my first BMW and I have thoroughly enjoyed the ride. i have taken this car to the max and it has always responded beautifully. So now, I would find it hard not to get another BMW. Now getting a little itchy.... Most likely will get the 328. I have been doing some reading and all the reviews have been good. Just want to ask, does the 328 sold here come with a HUD ? Love to get the 335 but I think spending an extra 200k for about an extra 50hp seems like a lot !!!

takayoto;765510 said:
I hv same on my f30, both front passeger & driver door hv to be closed heavier :)
My SA said it is normal for bimmer due to its material

Try opening the window just a little and then shut it, if closes easy then the alignment is OK. It's just the good sealing of air inside the car that pushes against the door when you try to close it. Normally happens to the last door to be closed, no matter which and normally it's the driver's door.

The auto rain sensor wipers caused my ECU faulty yesterday during a downpour drive. Handbrake indicator turn on constantly while driving, Auto start stop faulty, wipers can't turn off, auto locking faulty. What worried me was the malfunction could stalls my engine....
This is what i got from a car less than a month old beside rattling sound from my front suspension. Never ever thought a new car with such a reputable brand name will give me these kind of privileges to "enjoy" :mad:

NCc;765903 said:
The auto rain sensor wipers caused my ECU faulty yesterday during a downpour drive. Handbrake indicator turn on constantly while driving, Auto start stop faulty, wipers can't turn off, auto locking faulty. What worried me was the malfunction could stalls my engine....
This is what i got from a car less than a month old beside rattling sound from my front suspension. Never ever thought a new car with such a reputable brand name will give me these kind of privileges to "enjoy" :mad:

Wah, that's quite serious. Is this the SKD unit?

NCc;765903 said:

Bro NCc, is the malfunction resolved? Did they say what's the reason causing such malfunction? Didn't expect this kinda problem on a new bimmer tho..

skyblind;765930 said:
Bro NCc, is the malfunction resolved? Did they say what's the reason causing such malfunction? Didn't expect this kinda problem on a new bimmer tho..

Sky, this can be resolved only by replacing the control module which need to be backordered from Germany. Typically waiting time is 2 weeks. Heard there are a couple of same story from AB workshops.

So, my only advise to the f30 owners here to use the rain sensor wipers if you haven't already done so to test out your beloved baby. Otherwise it could be a nightmare if it happens in the middle of nowhere.

Good Luck!

The F30 does indeed have a problems. For the naysayers that assume the problems are due to SKD and local workmanship then please take a look at the earlier bimmerpost links and the following:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=731498
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682580
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699876
All US cars are CBU from Germany and look at their problems.

My opinion is that most issues are related to parts failure and their related QC rather than assembly. I have tested my 328i SKD for all known issues and thankfully have not found any problems (touch wood). The chassis and assembly is spot on with no creaks or rattles. Recently took a trip to desaru and Singapore for a shake down tour and the car did not miss a beat.

I will complain that some plastic parts (in not immediately visible areas) have not been finished properly with flashings still hanging on the parts. Annoying but easily resolved with a blade and some patience. Some exposed metal parts in the seats have not been filed down and are very sharp All German brands face similar finishing issues especially in this segment; MB, Audi/VW are not spared. YMMV.

Jason

Top Bottom