Windscreen hairline crack

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
So I'll just insure it for RM1000 next month...should make my insurance renewal cheaper.

haywire;673926 said:
So I'll just insure it for RM1000 next month...should make my insurance renewal cheaper.

I think your 530i front windscreen is with rain sensor so it will cost more. Call Dr Cermin to find out the price.

herbert;673933 said:
I think your 530i front windscreen is with rain sensor so it will cost more. Call Dr Cermin to find out the price.

Point noted. My car have rain sensor and light sensor (for auto headlight) on the windscreen.

I've insured my F10 windshield for RM 5K. I think I asked auto bavaria for a quote on windshield and they told me it's around RM 5K for a windshield replacement...

BMW WindScreen Ori or Oem has different different price bro. The indication would be on the left bottom corner of the windscreen where there are "black dots" to determine the grade of each windscreen. 4 dots, 5 dots 6 dots and so forth will be priced differently. :4:

Like what I have said earlier, I replaced my front windscreen every 18 months regardless of the condition. Doesn't matter how dots is your windscreen...kena small batu batu mesti crack. So moral of my statement is, when you have insured your windscreen, go and replace and get a new windscreen. That is your entitlement.

People...got quoted 5,500 to replaced a my windscreen for those models that have the HUD display. And this isn't even inclusive of tinting. Bloody expensive. Wonder whether anyone else actually replaced their windscreens with HUD displays?

album.php
i'm a heavy user, clocking 35,000 km in 10months. 4 times hairline crack so far, the last one pretty major...change the windscreen and reinsurance with 6.5k cost rm950+

Where did you change your windscreen? From the BMW dealerships or non-BMW dealerships ?

I just kena the hairline crack today while traveling on NS highway!!! the crack is not very obvious, and it is near to the edge of the windscreen... first time kena this kind of problem... so what should i do now??? glue or claim??? just got my car in august... how much does the glue cost??? My current location is at banting, going to Le Meridien KL for meeting tomorrow, any recommendation???

herbert;673742 said:
I replaced my front windscreen at Dr Cermin. It is hassle free i.e. just bring along your insurance policy, car registration card, IC, driving license and sign the relevant insurance claim forms. No payment at all and you get a new windscreen c/w tint.

herbert;673924 said:
Local made (MSG) front windscreen & rubber lining c/w labor charge is RM 950.00. Tinting will cost another RM500 depending on which brand. You will need to re-instate your insurance for front windscreen after making a claim. Re-instatement will cost you another RM300 for RM2k insured sum.

Thanks for the info bro ... is www.drcermin.com the shop you're referring to if so which branch did you do yours? Also how long does it take to process the claim and replace in the windscreen?

hai,just call herbert and he will help u ,he helped me to get my w/screen replaced the guys at dr,cermin puchong are good,no regrets.thanks herbet iowe u one.

B33mEr & Harbhjan,

The actual name of the windscreen shop is Dr Windscreen http://www.dr-windscreen.com/main.htm and not dr cermin. Go to their website and you can find all their locations.

Takes about 2 hours to replace the windscreen. Suggest you call Sam of Dr Windscreen (012) 238-7908 & give him your VIN no to ensure correct windscreen size etc.

willie;696211 said:
I just kena the hairline crack today while traveling on NS highway!!! the crack is not very obvious, and it is near to the edge of the windscreen... first time kena this kind of problem... so what should i do now??? glue or claim??? just got my car in august... how much does the glue cost??? My current location is at banting, going to Le Meridien KL for meeting tomorrow, any recommendation???

Bro,if crack is only minor,and if u can tolerate with it,just let it be there untill your insurance near finish then go to have a new replacement-:)
Mine kena one small hole 2mths after the car on the road,I still have 2mths to tolerate with this small holes,and no worry,tested and proven,max speed also it will not crack-:)
Hehe

cw9722;696342 said:
Bro,if crack is only minor,and if u can tolerate with it,just let it be there untill your insurance near finish then go to have a new replacement-:)
Mine kena one small hole 2mths after the car on the road,I still have 2mths to tolerate with this small holes,and no worry,tested and proven,max speed also it will not crack-:)
Hehe

hehe, yeah, saw ur crack... but urs doesn't seems to be growing longer and longer... mine is actually at the passenger side and it gain 1 inch over night... i went to repaired it, the repair fee is charged into my insurance for the windscreen... i insured it for 6.5k, so now it is 6.35k left...

bro willie,
u sure this can claim your car's insurance?
as far as i know,car insurance once claim balance will be void.
cheers

cw9722;696669 said:
bro willie,
u sure this can claim your car's insurance?
as far as i know,car insurance once claim balance will be void.
cheers

Yes, i have confirmed it with a few places... for repair only... while if u replace the the windscreen or even the side window etc, even u claim less then the amount u insured, u will need to re insure for the full amount...

Sifus....

I just noticed a hairline crack on left bottom of my windscreen.the fact is..i have not insured the windscreen yet.my car insurance wil expire next month..so i will add the windscreen .
1) how much do i need to cover for complete changeout including the sidelining+clips+rubbers?
2) how much the premium i shall buy?
3) do they replace the sensors or install a new one?
4) how long do i need to wait before i claim/change new windscreen once i buy a new windscreen insurance?

Someone quoted 6k for the whole job..is that reasonable?

Please advice.

My car- E60 2004..recond with light and rain sensor.

Tqvm in advance

not that much t most ive been quoted by my mech only not more than 3.5k bro

Bailey;701273 said:
not that much t most ive been quoted by my mech only not more than 3.5k bro

Bro.tq for the info

Btw..i called mr sam from dr cermin and he mentioned about the price..its about 3.5k for 5dotted , inclusive of al round seals and sensors tat comes with the new screen.well..i am stil at kedah and need to visit him once i m bck.

However
.it would be helpfull if anyone could make a list of those important things to lookout.tqvm

Top Bottom