F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I don't see why he should, when he's only received insinuation and insult for offering his considered reason and experience.

SWIM away Al, don't bite. Don't even nibble! :D

A true man stands firm on what is right and won't need to back down on minor set back. Tit for tat means both are of the same standard. Albundy, I thx u for ur initial willingness to share and will continue to be thankful if u continue to do so. However if u choose to back out, I am cool too.

Smooth sailing is never part of life journey's itinerary. Learn to swim to a kid drowning.
Believe we are all real man and sensible adults here.

Hi bimmer lovers! I have some updates of their sales and marketing for the F10. As some of you guys might rem that I'm due to get my f10 528i, I told the sales guys that I decided to put it off due to the on going car issues. They recently called me up again that they are offering me a 5 year warranty or 100km with ever comes earlier.

I asked if they is any break through with their fault findings, apparently still a no no and assured me that it is a minor issue and argued that most cars will have a certain degree of sound problems.. I personally find it amusing. Well, if it is really only an acoustic setback, they should at least come with O& G sound systems like the NEW A6 (c7)!

Hi all. Yes, I'm new to this forum/group and found it when i googled "f10 problems". I drive an E60 and had placed a booking fee of 10k for the F10 but after reading all these posts, i'm starting to have doubts about whether to go ahead with the purchase or wait. Are there any F10 owners here who have no problems with their cars?

f10orNot?;589570 said:
Hi all. Yes, I'm new to this forum/group and found it when i googled "f10 problems". I drive an E60 and had placed a booking fee of 10k for the F10 but after reading all these posts, i'm starting to have doubts about whether to go ahead with the purchase or wait. Are there any F10 owners here who have no problems with their cars?

Hey brudder, you and I are sharing the same dilemma. I paid 5k though. Recently, also found out about new A 6 due to arrive next year spring.

abeautifulday;589573 said:
Hey brudder, you and I are sharing the same dilemma. I paid 5k though. Recently, also found out about new A 6 due to arrive next year spring.

I put it down right after the launch in KLCC... what a big mistake! Problem is, my E60 is giving me alot of problems now..... perhaps a perodua or proton? LOL

BTW, saw the Audi A6 on youtube... sweet looking man. Any idea how much it will cost? won't mind holding on for that

Schwepps;589516 said:
I don't see why he should, when he's only received insinuation and insult for offering his considered reason and experience.

SWIM away Al, don't bite. Don't even nibble! :D

I LOL at that.

for those who had placed their bookings for the F10, I suggest holding back your purchase until Feb-March 2011: you will get a 2011 cars and (hopefully) by then the "noise" problem would have been resolved.

The new A6 looks very good.

abeautifulday;589564 said:
they should at least come with O& G sound systems like the NEW A6 (c7)!

must be a new type of sound system to drown out the annoying sound !!!???:rolleyes: !!

achtung;589656 said:
must be a new type of sound system to drown out the annoying sound !!!???:rolleyes: !!

I think he means B&O. Watch this video...... really good looking car though i think they could have done better with the back. I like the part the B&O speaker comes up when activated (about the 14.19sec point) ...

[video=youtube;QoAXPUAMdV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoAXPUAMdV4[/video]

abeautifulday;589564 said:
Hi bimmer lovers! I have some updates of their sales and marketing for the F10. As some of you guys might rem that I'm due to get my f10 528i, I told the sales guys that I decided to put it off due to the on going car issues. They recently called me up again that they are offering me a 5 year warranty or 100km with ever comes earlier.

I asked if they is any break through with their fault findings, apparently still a no no and assured me that it is a minor issue and argued that most cars will have a certain degree of sound problems.. I personally find it amusing. Well, if it is really only an acoustic setback, they should at least come with O& G sound systems like the NEW A6 (c7)!

I just called them yesterday, no solution yet.
The big bang sound is like someone taking a hammer knocking on your car. It will make u lost the focus when u drive :(

ben10;589683 said:
I just called them yesterday, no solution yet.
The big bang sound is like someone taking a hammer knocking on your car. It will make u lost the focus when u drive :(

So BWM does acknowledge that this is an inherent problem in most F10s?

Based on what i gathered, BMW msia is well aware of the problem and has reported it to Germany. I am certain that this will be resolved...waiting game for those affected unfortunately. BMW msia has also issued an internal memo to all its dealers on the same matter.

For me, the moment of truth is on Friday! I will be zooming back from SG in the morning and collecting my car in the afternoon.

Jefngkl,
I taught you have got your car already . haha .. BMW will make sure you get a perfect car since so many complaint from our fellow here. Good Luck!!

Has been bz traveling and hence the delay. The sales lady in Sg Besi has done a decent job to secure the car with the color I want for me. So kudos to her.
I will post a review once I am done with my new F10. Luck is definitely needed. thx

jefngkl;590245 said:
Has been bz traveling and hence the delay. The sales lady in Sg Besi has done a decent job to secure the car with the color I want for me. So kudos to her.
I will post a review once I am done with my new F10. Luck is definitely needed. thx

All the best mate. Hope you're not blessed with any of the problems the other brothers have been having

Hi all, just got my car. The sales person was very thorough in explaining the car.

Got an extended warranty and service for 5yr or 100k as mine was a year end car.

The drive home was smooth despite the rain. Tried all four modes but was mainly in comfort mode. Very good and no big bang but I was gentle in humps.

One question: the light has a bit of frost from within but the sales reassured me that is normal for bmw lights and will be ok after a while.

One minor problem: they forgot to install the navi.

Overall, happy for the first few hours! Will post more later on.

Top Bottom