F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Yup 535 would be CBUs as the volume is too small to justify the cost of assembling it here.

Bro ALBundy,
Since you r senior in car industry, can u give some advice to us if our new car got acoustic problem and BMW cannot solve it, what can we do?
We really need help, bro halow, DJH and Kanaga's car already in AB workshop for >1 month but they still cannot rectify the problem.
My car got thumbing sound and i report to them last month but they still doesn't has the solution for it, what can we do?

Ben if it's the same sound we talked about earlier then we have discussed about it and need not go back there again, short of sounding like a broken record. I sympathise with the inconveniences some of you are facing but there is nothing much you can do, perhaps you should consider selling it since you are unhappy and virtually lost patience.

Cheers

Yes, Bro ALBundy.. Please advise..

My advise is please wait. BMW are aware of the problem and working on it.

Based on my experience with german fellows in "other" industry, they are commit to their product.
If there is a problem, they will acknowledge it and investigate it and
find a solution. I believe this also apply to BMW as well.

Any laws to protect us? can we challenge them?
If i can sell the car in full price, i will sell it immediately.

Ben, check with your lawyer or go to consumer tribunal if the amount claimed is not too huge. But best option is to sell it and end your misery and bitterness.

Well as written in their warranty booklet, they wont entertain any replacement / discount on the car price. Selling it off we will definitely loss a lot but the issues is we are buying a brand new car with problems like this .. can you imagine when you collect your new car is already have that kind of sound ? why BMW do not protect their customer ?

Halow, as explained earlier BMW ag is doing simulation tests to investigate this so called problem. However, i see that some of you are refusing to listen and kept on harping on how BMW doesn't care and etc which is untrue. I fully sympathise with some of you but this process takes time. It's not like replacing a bolt and nut.

Cheers

ALBundy;588620 said:
Ben if it's the same sound we talked about earlier then we have discussed about it and need not go back there again, short of sounding like a broken record. I sympathise with the inconveniences some of you are facing but there is nothing much you can do, perhaps you should consider selling it since you are unhappy and virtually lost patience.

Cheers

With due respect, this is the last thing we expected to hear from someone we hope for advice.
For the record, we bought bmw coz we like the car and the premium tag that comes with it. It is easy to say, sell it if you are unhappy or lost patience. It would have been better if bmw took initiative to call us instead of leaving us helpless and to resort to other means to voice our concern. That was the crux.....ya, lousy after sales service.

DJH, wasn't advice given, in terms of addressing some of your concerns in terms of safety and that BMW AG is taking these complaints seriously? However, it seems that some of you are regressing back to the same old tune.

And what else is there to say??

Cut your losses, sell the car, buy something else and be happy with it :)

There is more to life than being bitter over a car.

Thank you Albundy for your reply. you are the one who willing to share with us on the work carry out by BMW on the simulating test on our problem but not from BMW/AB staff . If they have 50% of your experience then i think you wont see be seeing our comment here and it will be more positive instead of negative one. You should be their consultant ...

Again.. if we were selling our car then it will not fare to the new buyers.. i dont think any new buyer will accept our car with this kind of thumbing sound or else we just keep quiet and act like dont know ?
they just sold 1 unit to my friend with this kind of thumbing sound.. .. we are the one who suffer and you will be frustrated if you have been playing around with their nonsense...

Halow, like I said I fully sympathise with all of you. Make no mistake about it.

However, as it is just be patient. They just need some time in Germany to get it sorted out.

Cheers :)

ALBundy;588714 said:
DJH, wasn't advice given, in terms of addressing some of your concerns in terms of safety and that BMW AG is taking these complaints seriously? However, it seems that some of you are regressing back to the same old tune.

And what else is there to say??

Cut your losses, sell the car, buy something else and be happy with it :)

There is more to life than being bitter over a car.

bro, somethings wrong here!! You will be the last person I expect to make the above statement.

will call you soon for detail .

one more thing i would like to address here is , i am staying somewhere that is having more than 10 road bump .. meaning to say we have to use the car with the thumbing sound everyday ?? somemore the road condition is not like europe ..

halow;588719 said:
one more thing i would like to address here is , i am staying somewhere that is having more than 10 road bump .. meaning to say we have to use the car with the thumbing sound everyday ?? somemore the road condition is not like europe ..

bro, can you video tape your "sound" and post on the U-tube if it not too much trouble? Curious to know the sound.

ok ... i dont mine take out my car for you to test and show you how bmw is replying us make us running around for nothing. my car still at the workshop ... i still waiting the feedback from my advisor .. if i take the car out then i am agreed to use the car with problem then i will not have any evident against them ...

our bro DJH, love BMW so much ... i even ask him to go for a test drive on passat cc but he still with BMW and book for 320D while awaiting for the solution on this F10... what a loyal customer ....
Bro after this kind of service from AB maybe i will buy a BMW from Ingress because their customer service is far more better than AB ..

Actually all the cars can be sent to any dealerships for servicing, irrespective where it was purchased.

As it is the feedback is very positive at Ingress:)

Attitude is everything. So I blame it on the Malaysian customer service culture.

I bought a Fujifilm camera in Singapore and it was faulty after 3 months. I was back and forth in the service centre for 3x ever since for the following 8 months. However, they were very helpful and was willing to exchange a brand new camera on the 3rd time. But to make myself satisfied, I bought a Leica (German brand) at the end.

AlBundy, in my humble opinion, brothers here are generally dissatisfied with the service quality of the dealers. I am sure the German are working hard to find a solution but the dealers and local BMW need to do better in the interim period. So if you could convey the message to BMW Malaysia so that they could improve their customer service that will be great! At least on par with the service quality I got in SG with my faulty camera experience. A brand doesn't end with the product.

I too am a sucker for BMW. Took my future car caretaker (dad) to view the Passat CC sports and we both walked away quietly knowing the 5 series is the one we want. But we are paying a certain amount to BMW Malaysia and the dealers too in that process in return for a premium service. Finally, I think you should remain calm in cooling down matters as a founding member. No points heating things up as it provides zero solutions.

Hope this will ease the tension in this thread.

Top Bottom