engine oil mysteriously disappearing....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
my mechanic is in ipoh.
u hv to use at least 2 tiny bottles.
better if u use 3 bottles...IMHO.
each bottle costs 40.
IMHO is a cheap treatment....if it works.
so far so good
u can call up New Age Auto.
05-292 4563
hope it solves ur problem.

sent my car for oil change yesterday. changed to petronas semi synthetic. car engine feel not so smooth now. should i change back to fully sync ?

ps- mechanic told me it is normal for bmw engine to show min mark at dipstick. says that when at min mark there is actually still 5-6 litre of oil left. true enuf when he empty my oil reservoir, it still have 5-6 litre.

Jerman;552710 said:
My eight year old M54 engine also consumed about 1 litre of engine oil every 6000+ km. Milage 165,000km. Try using, Castrol Sports Edge 10w/60 or Petronas Syntium 1000 15w/50. Both are fully synthetics. It helps :top:

p/s: If there are no leakages, I was told it is common for BMW engine to consume engine oil. So, no need to worry but just top-up & drive!

My car is 150K miles and don't consume engine oil. I am using fully syntetic. the last time i had that problem it was the oil sump gasket that was leaking. I do not know where the oil goes to but after the change it stopped leaking

hi all....
been away for a couple of days.
made 2 outstation trips since adding the Russian treatment "Resur".
initially, my dipstick went down to minimum again.
but after i added another litre, till now (after 2 outstation trips with full revving and sppeds up to 160 km/h)....
my dipstick still shows maximum.
which really makes me wonder if the treatment actually works.
???
will be keeping tabs on any improvements.
btw, plan to get a single grade oil.
anyone heard of Castrol CRX 40?
appreciate it if anyone can enlighten me.

Top Bottom