e92 335i Oil Cooling Problems...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

M5port

Club Guest
Guys, im getting my car soon, and i have been reading up on issues about the car lately, most prominent is the oil temp when running. Read that some models come with the oil cooler, and some not..07 onwards.Any E92 335i owners can share some insights on this? any problems on malaysian road?? im getting a '07 model.

PM David Yong as he is the only one I know who drives an E92 335. Good luck.

M5port;489369 said:
hrmmm no one ?? T_T

Mine came with oil cooler. Not to worry so much abt this oil temp thingy. I have been driving mine for months and everything is fine. Have been trashing it above 200km/h for quite a long distance recently and the temp has been good (around 110 celcius degree which is absolutely normal level).

Anyway, I remember you having my mobile number right. I tried calling you the other day but no answer. Call me bro and I can explain more.

thanks guys, i was planning to drive down to singapore, but after reading the e90 forums, i;m worried. some are having issues with the oil temp, causing a loss of power during driving and had to cool it down before continuing.

M5port;490027 said:
thanks guys, i was planning to drive down to singapore, but after reading the e90 forums, i;m worried. some are having issues with the oil temp, causing a loss of power during driving and had to cool it down before continuing.

Don't worry bro. It's a nice car and just enjoy it :wink:

got my car today, i checked and the oil cooler is there... urban driving and highway driving, the temp was between 110c and 120c.

the car is already superb, wonder how it is like adding in another 90Bhp hehehehe...

M5port;490672 said:
got my car today, i checked and the oil cooler is there... urban driving and highway driving, the temp was between 110c and 120c.

the car is already superb, wonder how it is like adding in another 90Bhp hehehehe...

if i am not wrong, every 335 should have an oil cooler. problem is when the car is tune up, the stock oil cooler may not be able to cope with the extra heat generated hence oil temp may go up above 120c. this is especially so when the car is being pushed hard over long distance driving. then it calls for a bigger aftermarket oilcooler

M5port;490672 said:

one thing for sure the oil temp will go higher after adding another 90bhp :)

Mine is at Stage 1 tuned with the Vishnu Procede giving me an increase from apprx 306 hp to 370 hp and apprx 400 NM to 520 NM but yet my oil temp is constantly stay at 110c to 120c and even if I push it hard, maximum it is goes up to 125c only.

BTW, if you read the e90post forum on those who have modded their 135i or 335i with Vishnu Procede, it does it better oil temp and fuel efficiency which I am starting to experience it. For me before tuned my FC is averagely at 14.6 l/100km and now after tuned, it is at 12.9 l/100km unless I trash it hard and I will get 13.5 l/100km.

Good FC there DY. I know what you mean when you trash it, you really TRASH IT!

That's not good FC, that's brilliant FC for a 370hp car!:eek:

Intrigued that you know the oil temp of your car, DY. Does it come fitted with a gauge? One thing I miss in my car is a temp gauge. I never know when it's warmed up enough from a cold start.

Schwepps;490902 said:
That's not good FC, that's brilliant FC for a 370hp car!:eek:

Intrigued that you know the oil temp of your car, DY. Does it come fitted with a gauge? One thing I miss in my car is a temp gauge. I never know when it's warmed up enough from a cold start.

Yup, all 335i are with temp gauge. 120c is at middle with highest at 170c :top:

David Yong;490920 said:
Yup, all 335i are with temp gauge. 120c is at middle with highest at 170c :top:

That's cool! I wish I had a temp guage. :rolleyes:

David : Vishnu Procede? wondering if its the same thing Exotic Mods was telling me about. or is there another brand ? what's the damage? hehe.... so many things i want to do to the car right now, i think i gotta prepare a list....

David Yong;490796 said:
Mine is at Stage 1 tuned with the Vishnu Procede giving me an increase from apprx 306 hp to 370 hp and apprx 400 NM to 520 NM but yet my oil temp is constantly stay at 110c to 120c and even if I push it hard, maximum it is goes up to 125c only.

BTW, if you read the e90post forum on those who have modded their 135i or 335i with Vishnu Procede, it does it better oil temp and fuel efficiency which I am starting to experience it. For me before tuned my FC is averagely at 14.6 l/100km and now after tuned, it is at 12.9 l/100km unless I trash it hard and I will get 13.5 l/100km.

Is ur gearbox a steptronic or a manual? How is it holding up with all that torque?

M5port;491174 said:
David : Vishnu Procede? wondering if its the same thing Exotic Mods was telling me about. or is there another brand ? what's the damage? hehe.... so many things i want to do to the car right now, i think i gotta prepare a list....

You have my number bro. Call me and I will tell you more :wink:

supergripen;491261 said:
Is ur gearbox a steptronic or a manual? How is it holding up with all that torque?

Steptronic. No problem running it with the Procede. By the way, the tuning can be Off and On as and when you require it :top: It is by default Off and I will only On it if I wanna play play with it.

Top Bottom