E60 vs E90...complete noob on BMW used car scene...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

gamenoob

Club Guest
Recently suddenly got itch to check out some car, ended looking a 2007 E90 320 SE. Test driven it, did not rempit though and kinda of smitten by it. Got the right leather color too(light beige/orangy?) and dark wood trim instead of that brown color version...The power obviously lembit la...for the asking price of 160k which is very close to the Golf 1.4 TSI new, this is a bit of downer but I know wanted to experience the UDM but I doubt I will enjoy that with the 320 4 pot.So as I roam the used car lot, I came across other option as well... for slightly more(about 170-180k) and 1-2 yrs older, I can get the 325 e90. reading from this forum, I'm sure all bro and sis will go for broke with the 325...So I wanted to know more about the 2.5 I6.I read many praise it for good n smooth power, I wonder if they r a PITA to manage or maint? When I was driving the old brick 850 2.5l 5cyc it give very good fc when not hooligan around especially on highway but crappy fc on city. In a way, I can have my pie and eat it too. The I5 engine was solid n reliable and did not fail me despite 10yrs old with 250k km on the odo although other non engine part start to fail...:eek::eek:. Is the BMW 2.5 I6 ownership friendly? I wonder if it worth the risk to buy such used unit and just be a good boy and settle for less with a newer E90 320....Or ya another pain point, I do need to lug some stuff around on weekend and having a good boot space is a plus... which is why I also look at E60 2.2 for about the same price.. but of course its not the new mag block at 200+bhp... so if you can enlighten me on part 2, how your view on the E60 2.2 I6 (is it M54 engine code?) vs E90 325...Apology on all the multi facet question as I'm complete noob on such... wish there is a class on how to buy used BMW...:top:

Top Bottom