E90 330i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Would the high sulphur levels in our fuel foul the Barium coated NOx catalyst in the long run? Any chemical engineers to give some input in this?

David Yong;480604 said:
Go for a 335i if budget permits. It's a nice car. It will put a smile on your face whenever you are in it.

Yeah... will have to work hard starting from now. :top:

David Yong;480604 said:
Go for a 335i if budget permits. It's a nice car. It will put a smile on your face whenever you are in it.

eh bro, ur avatar looks like a 335i? change car liao? steam..man!:top:

Spaceman;480810 said:
eh bro, ur avatar looks like a 335i? change car liao? steam..man!:top:

Yeah bro.... one word to describe: "Shiok" or "Steam" like you said :D

DSC00505.jpg

E46Fanatic;480791 said:
Would the high sulphur levels in our fuel foul the Barium coated NOx catalyst in the long run? Any chemical engineers to give some input in this?

I think it would for sure bro. But if it's fouled, it would only allow more NOx into our atmosphere, and I mean, we really monitor and enforce our environmental standards here don't we? :D

Whereas if the diesel particulate filter gets clogged, it would kill the engine's performance. So if sulphur levels in diesel are not met for the Euro 4 diesel engines, it wouldn't work. That's what I think anyway. Wonder how Ssangyong/Merc get around it though. Their diesels worked with minimal problems even when our diesel fuel was Euro 0.

David Yong;480816 said:

DSC00505.jpg

Bro, you "Shiok" or " Steam" with my car but please take good care ya....I'll take possession of your "Shiok" or "Steam" in another 4yrs okay...!

BlackE90;480826 said:
Bro, you "Shiok" or " Steam" with my car but please take good care ya....I'll take possession of your "Shiok" or "Steam" in another 4yrs okay...!

Wow! That's a really nice ride bro. Hope to see it live one day at the TT's.:top:

Schwepps;480825 said:
I think it would for sure bro. But if it's fouled, it would only allow more NOx into our atmosphere, and I mean, we really monitor and enforce our environmental standards here don't we? :D

It does seem that the engine is tuned to compensate for non-sulphur free fuel, where more fuel is used in the burn process, giving out more hydrocarbons but lowering the NOx emissions. I.e. our N54 and N53 here will just drink more petrol compared to in Europe where they have sulphur free fuel. Not sure how this impacts the performance of the engine tho.

Could be the reason BMW Malaysia didn't introduce the N53 for the mainstream models, as the FC may have sucked royally. Folks who buy the 335i, don't care much about FC kakakaka

enkil..they hv illegal racing every other day...just to check how powerful is the car..*bringing it to the max* :p

racheltoh;480970 said:
enkil..they hv illegal racing every other day...just to check how powerful is the car..*bringing it to the max* :p

Weren't u riding at the back seat with me in the E92 M3 DCT when we ran with the 911 Carerra S? :rolleyes:

racheltoh;480970 said:

Hahhaha... Yeah its irresistable i guess. Maybe i can join in the fun oneof these days.:top:

David Yong;480816 said:

DSC00505.jpg

darn cool man! BMW M'sia unit or Grey Importer? DCT or not? how much ah?

Spaceman;481735 said:
darn cool man! BMW M'sia unit or Grey Importer? DCT or not? how much ah?

Can be considered Grey Importer. Buying direct from an owner who brought it in from BMW UK approved used car. Full msports version year May 2007 with confirmed & genuine full service record. Price @ RM 355k. This is not DCT bro. The DCT only from year 2009 onwards.

It's time for you to upgrade yours bro.

Top Bottom