Dilemma Of Buying Used : E46 vs E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
E46 is the more comfortable car but will require some preventive maintenance outlay....

Go for the e90, less headache but you might complain about the seats...try driving one for more than 3 hours and you'll understand what I mean...

Are you still looking to buy one? I am selling my E46 318i Lifestyle from Auto Bavaria, year 2005/2005. That should fit in between your budget :)

tomgadgets;494653 said:
Three factors:

1. If you buy E46, deep down you would have wondered and wish you could have gotten the E90 instead. If you get the E90, you would never look back and wish you could have gotten the E46.

2. If you buy the E46, after a while, you would have itched and wanted to get the E90

3. If you buy the E46, the depreciation + repair costs could possibly cost more than the extra cost of interest + depreciation + insurance premium of the E90, making the E46 even more expensive to own in the long run

Conclusion:

Get the E90

I think this is your answer right here .....

Lastly ...life is short ...bite the bullet and satisfy that craving of urs . u know u want an E90 !

E90 has iDrive and many more modern features E46 du have. Not to mention the 6 speed gearbox and the dynamic drive you get from E90. It may be more than half the price from E46 but you get much from the car, the toys and the value.

There's no right or wrong choice between the E46 and E90.

Cost of the vehicles aside:

- E46 has the retro feel to it, and will always be the more popular classic ride compared to the E90 twenty years from now, no matter how crappy the maintenance level is.

- Stock E90 gives the family man, goody two shoes image and feel. Overall, E46 projects a tougher attidude..

- If you like a better equipped car with wonderful modern gadgets, E90 wins hands down.

- If you prefer a simpler basic ride which gives you both comfort and driver's fun, go for the E46.
Whereas the E90 has a sophistication feel to it when driving.

- For now at least, E46 is easier to DIY and parts are abundant. E90 still needs to masuk bengkel for now.

Nevertheless. If the choice is mine, I'l still go for the E46 even though its much older. Heck, I'm currently driving two E46 and still loving it!

I was driving a leased E46 318i in 2002. It was the best car that I have ever driven at that time, and I had a lot of good memories for the next 2 years with my UDM. Then I had to move back home, so I returned my lease and settled for a Kia Spectra (yeah, I know, what a downgrade).

Many moons later I am back to owning an E92 325Ci a coupla weeks ago. And I think this one is a better car to drive (and enjoy) compared to the E46.

If you buy the E46, you will always wonder what if you had chosen the E90.

If you buy the E90, you will never wonder at all.

If it were me, it would be the E90. :top:

Why? Because the E90 :rock:

Well, it's been a year since you first started the thread. I am 'anxious' to know what exactly did you choose?

search for my old thread: e46 330 v e90 325....you might get some inspirations from all the forumers' feedback

ALBundy;479451 said:
Here we go again.....

Simple rules that I follow,

1) Buy what you can afford

2) Since you can afford either one, get the newer one

3) Buying a car is not an investment, so buy what you like and something that will satisfy your itch for the longest time

4) Last but not least, life is short so live life to the fullest, GET an E90.

FULLY AGREED TO U :listen::listen::listen:

Has the verdict been passed yet? I wonder what was the final choice?

As rightly pointed out by the forummers, there are no right or wrong answer, just personal preference and obligations.

My options were E90/320i : 2009 for RM190k, 2009 Premium Selection RM199k or 2010 Premium Selection RM212k or brand new RM236k.

Final decision is the 2010 Premium Selection for RM212k.

Honestly, still worried if I made the wrong decision :s:

Why not just go for NEW one.
Diff only 24k.
10% only diff to ensure u get a brand new.
Peace of mind.

Top Bottom