e38 730il v8

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

alive88

Club Guest
hye guys, i couldnt find the proper place to ask this. but anyway, could you please tell me is there any major problems with this v8 engine? coz my dad is really serious in getting one, hope this wont be a major headache for him later.. thanks!

ive read a lot bout this nikasil problems on this v8 engine.. can any owner of 730il v8 clarify to me regarding this matter? have any of u experienced failed engine? thnks a lot

nothing wrong till today on mine...280,000 kms so far... pulls with all the 218hps...

I have got a few and they all fun. Have even a spare engines in the beginning due to worries in that nikasil prob but so far, cant kill the engine.

Nikasil is more of a problem in the UK during the end of the 90's due to the content of the petrol there, if the engine survived until now there should be no more problem.

thanks for all the replies.. so is 37k for 97' e38 730il that is in absolute immaculate condition is best bang for buck? its mileage is at 120k km

buying is easy. maintenance is a different story. check out the price for replacement for the EDCs alone. :D

alive88;706003 said:
thanks for all the replies.. so is 37k for 97' e38 730il that is in absolute immaculate condition is best bang for buck? its mileage is at 120k km

ramsing;706014 said:
buying is easy. maintenance is a different story. check out the price for replacement for the EDCs alone. :D

yup.. might as well retro fit it if it cost too damn high.. the same goes to my dad e32 730il, it has been retrofitted. crossing finger to have at least the edc to work for another couple of years perhaps.

off topic, but is your dad pussy ar? E32 730iL...opocot, sorry, pussy is 730i version, not L. so u cannot be his son. hehehe

alive88;706183 said:
yup.. might as well retro fit it if it cost too damn high.. the same goes to my dad e32 730il, it has been retrofitted. crossing finger to have at least the edc to work for another couple of years perhaps.

ramsing;706303 said:
off topic, but is your dad pussy ar? E32 730iL...opocot, sorry, pussy is 730i version, not L. so u cannot be his son. hehehe

btw bro, i cant quite seem to understand what r u trying to say.. blimey, me daddy is far from being a pussy

damn.. @ramsing, u r referring to pussy(one of the forumer) ar? haha.. no la bro..

hahaha...sorry, u're a new member. pussy is a member of the club, one of our old time sifu's cum uncle. i didn't mean that ur dad is a pussy, hahaha, sorry on the miscommunication.

but welcome to the club, post pics of the E38 when u get it.

no worries bro.. surely ill post it here.. looking at e38 makes me drool like youngsters looking at gtr r34.. damn, im only 24 this year.. speaking of the ironies

Some of our frens here did change from EDC to normal absorber, just unplug the wire i guess...

edc on 38 is servicable. Just need the right people and right tool. I have done for one before.. cost around 3K whole round.

EDC is fun to have on the e38.. wonderful piece of engineering......

yup.. it is indeed wonderful.. the e38 now is in workshop fixing its EDC.. my dad old e32 730il has been retrofitted due cant find the replacement parts..

guys, anybody knows where in kl perhaps that knows how to take a good look at my dad's e38 EDC? coz right now its so stiff and the steering is way heavier than when the car was bought. could u please leave a contact number perhap?

I go to Optimum in Kayu Ara. The other place which some E38 kakis here swears by is WP Auto in KL (Cheras i think). I don't have either numbers with me, but a simple search in BMWCM should get you their number.

Good luck and welcome to the tigalapan geng!

Top Bottom