e36 325 cabrio

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jsen

Club Guest
hi guys, nd some wise opinion on e36 325i cabrio.. planning get one, but beforehand, nd to check with all yr sifus on some thoughts!1, hows the maintenance for an e36 325i? :getyourfactsright: 2, currently, wats the market price for 1995(any yr) e36 325 cabrio?3, heard some comments on the faulty gearbox, but i dun see any complaints fr the forummers here, probably some makeup stories, huh!4, is there any units in town , cox i seldom see it le..!pls kindly advise tai lor!thks alot. :yahoo: cheers, jsen

Faulty gearbox for E36-1995 model, yes, I've changed mine once, the car shakes like hell. It happened but I managed to get a second-hand one from the chop-shop, the first gearbox lasted me for a week, then changed another one, then OK. It's not impossible for an E36 gearbox to breakdown.

wah, serious mer? cham lor liddat! once bought it, so gotta keep some spare money aside for a second gearbox in case it breaks down.. btw, how much u bought yr second hand gearbox?

vincent, 80k where to find wor? without engine wan got la.!

the e36 cab gearbox on this car is the 5HP18 ZF box.. very hardy and strong.

Check out of it is with manual operated top or Semi-auto,

Both are easy to operate, just the price diff.

Price wise RM90K seems to be fair price.

Happy Hunting.

Originally posted by e21jbk@Feb 7 2006, 12:33 PM
Check out of it is with manual operated top or Semi-auto,

Both are easy to operate, just the price diff.

Price wise RM90K seems to be fair price.

Happy Hunting.
bro,

90k dun have le, all the prices range was like 100k(318)- 130(328). memang outta budget le.. n i dun midn getting a manual operated unless u wanna gaya when caught in the jam lor. hehehe.

the e36 cab gearbox on this car is the 5HP18 ZF box.. very hardy and strong. --> pussy, are u referrin to cab only, how bout sedan? its the 5 indicates 5 speed as well, soli, a bit new on this stuffs :(.

thks a lot,

cheers,
jsen

Originally posted by pussy@Feb 7 2006, 01:10 PM
the e36 cab gearbox on this car is the 5HP18 ZF box.. very hardy and strong.
you over rating the ZF....

buy it if u have the dosh & interest !
no need to think pjg2 ma lol

seriously though, do inspect the soft top properly before making the purchase..from the fabric, the mirror and its operation itself..can be very pricey to repair. My softop motor died on me, costs a whooping 15k RM to replace! :blink:

got a hardtop instead for the same price..but... one day the car will be topless again hehe

im driving an e36 328i cabriolet btw.

Originally posted by terewbonf@Feb 9 2006, 12:31 AM
buy it if u have the dosh & interest !
no need to think pjg2 ma lol

seriously though, do inspect the soft top properly before making the purchase..from the fabric, the mirror and its operation itself..can be very pricey to repair. My softop motor died on me, costs a whooping 15k RM to replace! :blink:

got a hardtop instead for the same price..but... one day the car will be topless again hehe

im driving an e36 328i cabriolet btw.
OMG, din know it cost a bomb, hmm.., if gearbox kong plus roof spoil, means like driving around with a kancil on top.. :cry:

on second thought, i think go for a sedan 325 le like tat cox i still got other car to maintain.!

thanks for the thought terewbonf, luckily for yr info, i din knw the maintenance for an cabrio is so out of hand..! salute salute.

nvm le, since i cant get a cabrio, i just admire yours next time.! thanks thanks.

cheers,
jsen

sifus out there,

wats the probability of the gearbox to breakdown for an e36 325? high or low?

due to wat factor? bad driving behaviour? overrevving most of the time..! need some advice though.!

thks thks..

Top Bottom