E34 m20/m50

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
pussy;528611 said:
hehehe... why do you ask so many many questions...want to do it ?

earlier said got not much money...or wasn't it another person..

if you go the M50 way, the sky is not the limit so is the well full of money..
you need at least 15k to do it.. power is good till 265hp with the 3.2L and 287hp with the 3.4L..

but for a fraction of a cost, the M30B35 will do much wonders but the torque on the car will blow all JDM's away(except the R35) cost is much lesser and about RM9k..

mine was a M50B30TU - tuned is 265hp and normal is 245hp..:smokin:

sorry man. i got really curious with these. hehe.

and yeah it was me. in fact i'm not working just yet. hopefully next year. i'm really interested in converting/transplanting the current engine, M50B20 non-vanos and planning to do it probably few years from now. when i have enough money to do it of course. haha.

besides the conversion cost, what about the maintenance for both engines?

265hp that's really sweet man. you definitely :burnout: most of the JDM around. hahaha. since you said it "WAS" M50B30TU, i wonder what's your engine now? :p

btw thanks a lot bro for clearing my doubt :)

pussy;528611 said:
hehehe... why do you ask so many many questions...want to do it ?

earlier said got not much money...or wasn't it another person..

if you go the M50 way, the sky is not the limit so is the well full of money..
you need at least 15k to do it.. power is good till 265hp with the 3.2L and 287hp with the 3.4L..

but for a fraction of a cost, the M30B35 will do much wonders but the torque on the car will blow all JDM's away(except the R35) cost is much lesser and about RM9k..

mine was a M50B30TU - tuned is 265hp and normal is 245hp..:smokin:

hi there, i m not a big fan of JDM, and i m driving a bmw... but i need to say...

in terms of standard M30B35 or M50B30 on a standard original car can blow an standard almost same level JDM away i will still say yes.

but if in terms of the value of modification wise i will totally say NO!! let's say -- an ori E34, if put a M30B35(manual)maybe it will give you around 240-260hp, cost you need will be 9k.... as for JDM and standard chaser(auto) 1jz add on another 9k of modification..... it anytime can blow and E46 M3 anyway within few second la...

no offence...

for purists its best to stick to UDM engine.......even if you are upgrading......

j-E34;528777 said:
hi there, i m not a big fan of JDM, and i m driving a bmw... but i need to say...

in terms of standard M30B35 or M50B30 on a standard original car can blow an standard almost same level JDM away i will still say yes.

but if in terms of the value of modification wise i will totally say NO!! let's say -- an ori E34, if put a M30B35(manual)maybe it will give you around 240-260hp, cost you need will be 9k.... as for JDM and standard chaser(auto) 1jz add on another 9k of modification..... it anytime can blow and E46 M3 anyway within few second la...

no offence...

sorry bro but i don't think that's a fair comparison since in terms of value, JDM will beat UDM anytime. it's better if we compare in terms of modifications ie transplant engine, increase displacement, etc rather than "sum of money involved to mod". i'm quite a fan of JDM when it comes to modifications because it's cheaper and the results could be outstanding too. but i still prefer UDM because the experience and feeling it gives me can never be given by any JDM :rock:

just my 2 cents bro. i hope i didn't offend anyone

AAM;528896 said:
for purists its best to stick to UDM engine.......even if you are upgrading......

well it really depends how deep is your wallet through

-azfar-;529020 said:
sorry bro but i don't think that's a fair comparison since in terms of value, JDM will beat UDM anytime. it's better if we compare in terms of modifications ie transplant engine, increase displacement, etc rather than "sum of money involved to mod". i'm quite a fan of JDM when it comes to modifications because it's cheaper and the results could be outstanding too. but i still prefer UDM because the experience and feeling it gives me can never be given by any JDM :rock:

just my 2 cents bro. i hope i didn't offend anyone

yes i talking about modification and off coz if compare we need to go fair rite.... that why i example it with and E34 and chaser(both are almost same age car at 1st, power wise and standard chaser will of coz better than and standard E34 M50B20 and M5025), 2nd do you think a standard chaser will be cheap??!!

start walking the path.......bro......the more directions u seek the easier you'll get lost....:biggrin:

j-E34;529347 said:
yes i talking about modification and off coz if compare we need to go fair rite.... that why i example it with and E34 and chaser(both are almost same age car at 1st, power wise and standard chaser will of coz better than and standard E34 M50B20 and M5025), 2nd do you think a standard chaser will be cheap??!!

yes i understand bro.

1st - yes definitely the standard chaser will beat standard E34 as the engine is way more powerful and the car is lighter too

2nd - i wasn't referring to the price of the standard chaser bro and to be honest, i don't know how much is the price. what i meant was if one were to modify a chaser and another were to modify a BMW, lets say 10k each in this case. chaser will definitely have better end results than BMW because it's cheaper to modify and lots of parts can be sourced here. which i think it's not a fair comparison between a JDM and UDM in terms of modification. i can be wrong though.

Top Bottom