E34 m20/m50

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
does overhauling make a bit diff in terms of power and fuel consumption? the engine is M50B20 and it's probably 17 years old already xD. how much is the cost roughly?

alright thanks bro. at one point was thinking of a conversion to M50B25, but there are too many things to be changed in order to get it's full potential so might as well i overhaul this engine. :p i know the power difference is big but saves a lot of trouble later on if anything goes wrong haha. probably in the future will consider transplanting it in :p

-azfar-;523529 said:
alright thanks bro. at one point was thinking of a conversion to M50B25, but there are too many things to be changed in order to get it's full potential so might as well i overhaul this engine. :p i know the power difference is big but saves a lot of trouble later on if anything goes wrong haha. probably in the future will consider transplanting it in :p

if u going to overhaul, u might as well look to stroke it up. u will pay a bit more for the parts, but since u open engine, might as well go for the bang!!! :burnout:

you mean stroke to 2.5? i've been told that ii have to change several things in order to get the full potential of the engine after stroking up. but i do really think 2.5 is what the car needs as it's quite underpowered with 2.0 and of course higher than that is even better :burnout:

have you ever tried a 3.5L before ?

trust me, you wont settle for anything less....

nope i have not. it's the M30B35 engine right? i know the power is great bro but the cost is gonna deep as well. as for now i think 2.0 or 2.5 would be just nice :p probably will settle for something higher in the future :laugh:

i guess our big bro is talking bout a stroked up m50 more than 3 litres.....

-azfar-;523917 said:
nope i have not. it's the M30B35 engine right? i know the power is great bro but the cost is gonna deep as well. as for now i think 2.0 or 2.5 would be just nice :p probably will settle for something higher in the future :laugh:

jo-e34;524029 said:

oh i didn't know he was refering to that. has anyone done that before? i assume m50 engine is kinda stable to do these kinda things. but didn't know can go more than 3L :burnout:

jo-e34;524029 said:

correct-o. m50 can stroke up, 2.5, 2.8, 3.0 and 3.2. if u're going to overhaul, then might as well add the difference to stroke up. unker pussy is talking about M30 engine, but to convert u will need more $$$. and m50 got vanos...a bonus for daily driving. :)

haha sadly mine isn't vanos :( after stroking have to change GB and tweak the ECU right? wooah 3.2... sure :burnout::burnout::burnout:

yes, you need the vanos ecu bosch #413, enfine wiring harness, some sensors, afm, vanos unit and soem shaving of the head where the vanos sit..

better off with a halfcut..

pussy;523904 said:
have you ever tried a 3.5L before ?

trust me, you wont settle for anything less....

if given a chance i would had plonk in the m30b35 into my slow and crappy car ...

pussy;526620 said:
yes, you need the vanos ecu bosch #413, enfine wiring harness, some sensors, afm, vanos unit and soem shaving of the head where the vanos sit..

I read that vanos conrod length is 140mm, where non-vanos uses 135mm

pussy;526620 said:

alright noted bro. you're felix right? thanks felix :)

ICEMAN 13;526624 said:
if given a chance i would had plonk in the m30b35 into my slow and crappy car ...

haha bro stroke up your M50B25 la :p oh btw how much did it cost you the conversion for the engine?

has anyone ever stroke up their M50 engine? been looking for it in this forum for some time now and i don't see anyone had done it. i only saw ppl poisoning to stroke it. haha.

will stroking up the cylinder affect VANOS system?

-azfar-;528528 said:
has anyone ever stroke up their M50 engine? been looking for it in this forum for some time now and i don't see anyone had done it. i only saw ppl poisoning to stroke it. haha.

will stroking up the cylinder affect VANOS system?

hehehe... why do you ask so many many questions...want to do it ?

earlier said got not much money...or wasn't it another person..

if you go the M50 way, the sky is not the limit so is the well full of money..
you need at least 15k to do it.. power is good till 265hp with the 3.2L and 287hp with the 3.4L..

but for a fraction of a cost, the M30B35 will do much wonders but the torque on the car will blow all JDM's away(except the R35) cost is much lesser and about RM9k..

mine was a M50B30TU - tuned is 265hp and normal is 245hp..:smokin:

Top Bottom