E30 rust problem and welding

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ma_aun

Club Guest
Guys,Water coming in and flooding my carpet drivers and passenger side like nobody's business during this rainy season.. Mechanic says that need to weld the wall behind the dashboard.. Can see from outside the wall near the battery area is rusty..Appreciate any advice on where to get this done once and for all... TQ

If you are doing up the firewall, I would suggest you take the opportunity to add some additional soundproofing/heatproofing material behind the dashboard, assuming you need to take out the dashboard to repair the firewall.

sound proofing and heat proofing sounds a good idea.. coz definitely the dashboard need to be taken out.

Its just that I don't know where to go since taking out the dashboard might need somebody who is familiar with it to do without messing it up further..

PM zoggee, he can introduce you to shops which can do this in Puchong - taking out the dashboard and also weld the firewall. But price you have to negotiate yourself!

Ma Aun....dude u hav pm...

joe_myinc....yup...i told u i knw a guy in segambut dalam mah...

rgds,
-brad-

Originally posted by tyke@Mar 16 2006, 06:37 PM
Ma Aun....dude u hav pm...

rgds,
-brad-
bro brad
who in segambut dalam

Originally posted by tyke@Mar 16 2006, 06:37 PM

rgds,
-brad-
Bro, does William (behind Shell Segambut) dismantle ur dashboard to do ur firewall? How is his workmanship & charges? TQ :D

Top Bottom