E30 Brake Upgrade

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Is the E32 brake upgrade a SERVO change or an MC change?

If its a SERVO change, do we retain the standard MC?

Or do we change both since the SERVO and the MC are attached ?

Would appreciate if anyone can confirm/clarify this.

Anyway, Zaskar is right.

I have read in BMWCar mag many years ago that the weakness of the E30 brake system is the brake linkage and this applies primarily to the RHD cars.

In the same article (which featured a Birds modified Hartge H26) it was mentioned that the linkage can be strengthened but it is a labour intensive dashboard out job.

jippy, the e32 servo pump is the whole she-bang, includes mc, vacuum pump and reservoir. Some simple rehosing is required but no biggie. Biggest problem is that the steering fluid ball and some relays need to be relocated and you'll never see your starter again.....

zaskar;339635 said:
jippy, the e32 servo pump is the whole she-bang, includes mc, vacuum pump and reservoir. Some simple rehosing is required but no biggie. Biggest problem is that the steering fluid ball and some relays need to be relocated and you'll never see your starter again.....

bugger......

thanks bro zaskar...brake caliper seals ?.. will talk to mymech about changing those as well... btw, roughly how much would the cost for an upgrade to the e32 system be ?

heyya guys,
i know this thread been dead for a while but it would be great if i cud get some info..
i am now in the midst of my long journey of restoring my E21 on my own. i now have to get the brakes done and i am thinking of throwing out the current master and servo. my set up for the brake is the long arm type. wud this e32 set up be able to fit in? i wud be doing this DIY at my house so does anyone have any experience droppig it in that you could share with me?
thanks guys wud really appreciate some advice. :D

Top Bottom