E30 brake dusts

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
anakin,

yes, i would recomend to change but you can do visual inspection. It's not very expensive but it will makes a difference in your sparking.

jagmalhi said
i just changed those few parts, my engine is SILENT when idling man.WOOHOO!

Bro, those few parts you mention referring to which parts?

Goodness, i didn't know E30m40 can be silent. Mine sounds like a lorry! :p

Better start saving now to do the top overhaul, change camshaft, etcetera...

SC

Hello bro anakin. sorry was browsing too fast i missed your reply.

anakin said:
Hi SC...my mech qouted me 400++ to change all the hydraulic lifter (8 of them) on my E30M40...
Btw, Haynes Service and Repair Manual BMW 3&5 series refer it as' hydraulic tappet' but I cannot find anything called 'tappet' or 'plunger' in Autodata Car Manual BMW 3 series 1975-90....
Maybe any sifu could guide us on this.....blurr ler..

i think that is about right to change all the hydraulic lifter/tappets ~RM 400.

lets call it "Hydraulic Tappets" since it is tappets that functions on hydraulics.

SC

yeah..elwine's right..plus i don't know if m1 really changed my tappets or not la..lol..so assuming they did, with all those done,the engine is much better now :D

Wah... silent E30... Really have to start saving hard now. :p Can't wait to hear my car purr rather than growl hahaha :p

SC

elwine30;240236 said:
evil,

my car travel up to 300,000 without overhaul but the engine gave way after i put some stress into it. it died.

actually, top overhaul is about 1.2k, which i did for my cousin e36m40. but i include changing the camshaft, tapets, rocker arm, plug cables,vacum hoses, new bellow and misc, would set you back almost to 3k.

in fact, 3k is over quoting as i don't want to tell you guys it's cheap. but it's work the money.

however, if you car sound like a lorry, it can be your clutch bearing. try depressing your clutch when you are stationary and see if still sound like a lorry

Hi elwine, sorry for da late reply, forgot about this thread for awhile :D

I can't try what you suggested as mine is an auto.
However, at idle, the car is generally pretty quiet from the inside.
Only when I'm cruising at about 2k+ rpm does the lorry like noise appear.
tyke suggested it might be my tappets needing adjustment.

ok, m40 cannot do any tapet adjustment. So, you will need to do top overhaul. :)

elwine30;244096 said:
ok, m40 cannot do any tapet adjustment. So, you will need to do top overhaul. :)

Hi elwine..my car is still in the workshop, i've had replaced camshaft, rocker arm, tappet & thrust adapter..(it cost me a bomb!)...according to the mechanic, have to change all of them because 'sudah makan/haus'....sudah teruk worr..

But i didn't do TOP OVERHAUL because according to him, the camshaft housing also 'makan/haus'...one last option is to find a good used cyilinder head, which is beyond my budget oredi....

What do you think? Is it adviseable to change all the items listed without doing TOP OVERHAUL? Or can I just use it untill I find a used cyilinder head & do a TOP OVERHAUL? Please help...feel like crying already...:18:

anakin;250273 said:
Hi elwine..my car is still in the workshop, i've had replaced camshaft, rocker arm, tappet & thrust adapter..(it cost me a bomb!)...according to the mechanic, have to change all of them because 'sudah makan/haus'....sudah teruk worr..

But i didn't do TOP OVERHAUL because according to him, the camshaft housing also 'makan/haus'...one last option is to find a good used cyilinder head, which is beyond my budget oredi....

What do you think? Is it adviseable to change all the items listed without doing TOP OVERHAUL? Or can I just use it untill I find a used cyilinder head & do a TOP OVERHAUL? Please help...feel like crying already...:18:

From brake dust discussion now sudah jadi Top Overhaul.... Start a new thread please.... ;)

Top Bottom