E30 Brake Upgrade

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
so good to see people are still holding onto e30
here in hk, there are not too many left

Which is the E32?
i want better brakes , but dont'want to "over servo" ( how to heel and toe like dat ) wouldn't a 325 servo be sufficient for e30? or is it cuz its difficult to get?

bedema.. you from HK ?

nice to see a forumer from HK.. my friend is now there buying stuff..

E32 is the 7 series model. If you want heal and toe...err...i dont think i'll recommend this? Cause u just need to depress abit then the brake will just kicks in.

chriseunos;261681 said:
E32 is the 7 series model. If you want heal and toe...err...i dont think i'll recommend this? Cause u just need to depress abit then the brake will just kicks in.

oook , what have you got under the hood , thats not brakes - that reverse thrust; 7 series definitely weighs alot more than the 3...unless offcourse ,you're not driving an E30.
maybe that would be abit too much braking power, for me- it could lock up much easier rite?
Any other experience out there?

Maybe all this experiences / data /knowledge can be compiled , so that theres no need for new threads except for further clarification etc...Maybe even a list of popular / better work shops , accesories shops, wiring shops etc and members gives ratings on service/ prices... off course the club itself may or may not endorse and members use info at their own risk, but the source of reference would be good , i feel.

just a standard E30. The brakes dont have the spongy feel anymore and i feel more confident, i havent tried locking the breks cause i dont need to stomp the pedal too hard. I just need to depress it abit, then the car will just gradually stop (faster than before).

na993;261685 said:
oook , what have you got under the hood , thats not brakes - that reverse thrust; 7 series definitely weighs alot more than the 3...unless offcourse ,you're not driving an E30.
maybe that would be abit too much braking power, for me- it could lock up much easier rite?
Any other experience out there?

Maybe all this experiences / data /knowledge can be compiled , so that theres no need for new threads except for further clarification etc...Maybe even a list of popular / better work shops , accesories shops, wiring shops etc and members gives ratings on service/ prices... off course the club itself may or may not endorse and members use info at their own risk, but the source of reference would be good , i feel.

For me the original E30 brake are not up to my liking. May be mine already 18 years old. But comparing it (after the mod) to E36 with M43 engine, it is better in term of response time. I think you still can do the heel toe.

I second on your second para. It will make this forum valuable.

Bro zoggee : Yes la, don't la tease - but doesn't sound like its dat straight

Bro jagmalhi : free oink oink ? doesn't sound, since we're on the subject , what does "bump" mean - sorry ar , new to all this lingo...

bump i guess means like trying to get attention to the item on sale or something like that?i stand corrected.

oink oink is bacon aka pork aka u know what i mean la..zoggee loves that stuff..haha

hey all...

I'm also doing conversion to e32 servo!!!
soon i'll feel the POWER too........ yeah!!!

hello bro strider, i cant place the power steering fluid cotainer to original position. see the picture. how to modify ah? pls advice. thanks tc.

agrhh...!!!! cant wait to feel the power!!!!

Hi bros..been advised to change the brake hoses to steel braided one's..im driving and e30m40 btw..does it make much difference to the brake response ? and where can i find these hoses ?...thanks in advnce...cheers

Not as obvious but there is slight change ?...i think changing the servomis more costly ? and currently not in the budget...so do you guys recommend upgrading the hoses ?

Actually i found better pedel feel when i changed the hoses as compared to when i change to an e32 mc, maybe >20 years old hoses couldn't stand the added pressure.

JDY, another option you could do is to renew your breake caliper seals, about RM32 for each caliper so comes out to be about RM130, add in new fluids and workmanship
a worthy job. However e30 RHD brakes will not have the direct feel of other bimmers due to the design of the lever system suited for LHD.

Now anyone know how to get Hawk brake pads in Malaysia of Sin?

Top Bottom