E-39 Absorber

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Bailey;317486 said:
ye lah as long as u like yr car good enuf wat ????????? but hope u cld upgrade the father-ly look ok aledi hehehhee

Ok ok..once lower, will let u know 1st..

Does anyone with Bilsteins have problems with the car being Lopsides on the left by half inch. I am using Bilstein B12 and my car a little lopsided.

According the the dealer he says it's weight distribution. My ride is a MSport UK spec. i find this funny on E39.

I know the E36 is built with the driver side lower than the left side.

Hi bosses here :cool:
If I want to have B8 as my replacement for OEM M-Sport suspension (E39 2001 UK M-Sport), anything else I would need to change/replace? example like absorber mounting/spring pad ?

What about SACHS Advantage? How does it perform compared to B8?
bro Affan told me he got a quote for RM3500!

Not necessary to change the mounting, but there are cheap anyway, so it is not a bad idea to change them all, I think the cost for all of the mouting is like RM300-400, while a set of Absorber will be anything between RM1600-2400, without the spring. You can use back the original spring. Now if you want the sporty and lower profile, you should look for sport absorber like B8 or other similar, with sport/lower spring, remember the lower profile not always the best for comfortable as it is stiff to ensure lower profile and yet not hitting the body, they are best for cornering and look. I think Affan got Rm3500 is complete with spring. Bilstein B8 is Rm2400. Good luck..

I just got my absorber change and the price is as below;

Front and Rear Bilstein + Eibach spring: RM 2850
Absorber Damper: 38 each X 4 =RM152
Absorber Rubber: Front 28 each X 2 =RM56
Rear 18 each X 2 =RM36
Absorber Mounting: 115 each X2 =RM230
Labor: RM200

i guess the price is reasonable....

bryanchooi98;320342 said:
I just got my absorber change and the price is as below;

Front and Rear Bilstein + Eibach spring: RM 2850
Absorber Damper: 38 each X 4 =RM152
Absorber Rubber: Front 28 each X 2 =RM56
Rear 18 each X 2 =RM36
Absorber Mounting: 115 each X2 =RM230
Labor: RM200

i guess the price is reasonable....

Bro what type of Bilstein absorber you changed?
Eibach is lowered spring or your old one kaput already?
Mounting for front or rear?

zank;320314 said:
Not necessary to change the mounting, but there are cheap anyway, so it is not a bad idea to change them all, I think the cost for all of the mouting is like RM300-400, while a set of Absorber will be anything between RM1600-2400, without the spring. You can use back the original spring. Now if you want the sporty and lower profile, you should look for sport absorber like B8 or other similar, with sport/lower spring, remember the lower profile not always the best for comfortable as it is stiff to ensure lower profile and yet not hitting the body, they are best for cornering and look. I think Affan got Rm3500 is complete with spring. Bilstein B8 is Rm2400. Good luck..

Thanks for the advises :rock:
Since I'm already M-sport, can I use back my oem spring couple with the new B8 or SACHS ADVANTAGE?

Bros,

I need some advices. i just bought a set of B6 shocks F/R. currently on stock spring n shocks. i have a set of Eibach spring lying around(black). Should i lower the car or use the B6 on stock springs ? i'm much worried of our Malaysia road condition. To compensate this i change my tires to 245/45/18.. from 245/40/18. Not sure 45 series gonna rub my mud cover once lowered.

Seargent;320397 said:
Bros,

I need some advices. i just bought a set of B6 shocks F/R. currently on stock spring n shocks. i have a set of Eibach spring lying around(black). Should i lower the car or use the B6 on stock springs ? i'm much worried of our Malaysia road condition. To compensate this i change my tires to 245/45/18.. from 245/40/18. Not sure 45 series gonna rub my mud cover once lowered.

bro go for Bilstein B12 it comes with bilstein B8 monotube and H&R Springs. Handling awesome price rm3500

No it will not hit your mud covers even if you use 265/35/18 which is recommended for the car but you shoul get 235/40/18 which is ideal.

In terms of suspensions go for B12 it lower the car by 30mm and B12 are a combination of B8 monotube+H&R sport springs which is road tested by bilstein for comfort and sport sedt up. it is a little stiff compared to B8+Eibach combo.

If you are going for just the B8s I suggest the Monotube which is the new version instead of the B8 twin tube.

Bro sudah beli B6 la. Now in dilemma whether to use ori springs or Eibach. B6 as stated to use with ori springs. I dunno B6 & Eibach combo would be good. 45 series tires quite thick.. worried bout mud cover. Any sifus here done this combination b4 ? Bmw7833 bro tomoro i going down to Two-B to change absorbers. Maybe can go T.T ?

Seargent;320959 said:
Bro sudah beli B6 la. Now in dilemma whether to use ori springs or Eibach. B6 as stated to use with ori springs. I dunno B6 & Eibach combo would be good. 45 series tires quite thick.. worried bout mud cover. Any sifus here done this combination b4 ? Bmw7833 bro tomoro i going down to Two-B to change absorbers. Maybe can go T.T ?

U got PM!!

If You Want To Have Superb Cornering & Sacrified The Comfort, Then You Can Lower You Car.

But Bear In Mind That The Other Passengers Won't Feel Comfortable When Ride With Your Car....

My E39 Comes With Lower Sports Spring, Not Sure About The Brand, Tyre Same Level With Fender...No Gap~~
Well, Superb Cornering....

What Makes Me Fep Up Is Everytime I Ran Over The Ramp, I Need To Use Super Slow Speed Otherwise It Will Hit My Car Body.

I Plan To Change Back To Orginal Spring This Month..... Enough For Lower Spring!!

James Chun;320983 said:
If You Want To Have Superb Cornering & Sacrified The Comfort, Then You Can Lower You Car.

But Bear In Mind That The Other Passengers Won't Feel Comfortable When Ride With Your Car....

My E39 Comes With Lower Sports Spring, Not Sure About The Brand, Tyre Same Level With Fender...No Gap~~
Well, Superb Cornering....

What Makes Me Annoying Is Everytime I Ran Over The Ramp, I Need To Use Super Slow Speed Otherwise It Will Hit My Car Body.

I Plan To Change Back To Orginal Spring This Month..... Enough For Lower Spring!!

James:
1. What type of absorber u use??
2. Ur car fit with M bumper??
3. How many finger btwn the tyre and fender??

bmw7833;320984 said:
James:
1. What type of absorber u use??
2. Ur car fit with M bumper??
3. How many finger btwn the tyre and fender??

1. Wait Untill I remove The Absorber & Replace With Original .....
2. Nope, My Car Fit With Normal E39 Bumper.
3. Finger? No Finger At All, Same Level With Fender Edge.....

Brother, Any Tips For Me If I Want To Change Back To Original Spring??
Current Suspension Is Too Stiff, No Matter How Hard I Turn My Steering When Comes To Cornering, I Just Don't Feel The Car Will Pull To One Side.... That's Scary But Syiok!! Haha!

James, do u have any pic for ur car?? Can show us here??

So what brand of strut u use now?? Or what color of strut and spring in ur car now?? Roughly we can know the brand if u can tell us the color..

U want ori spring?? I got one set, cheap cheap to u..

Seargent;320959 said:

Seargent,

B6 with Eibach is not the correct combi, and using 45 series will sure rub the rear fender/mud cover when there is load or uneven road surface. While for the front sure will rub the fender especially when you take corner, worst scenerio fender kemek because it will bump on the tyre.

Should you wanna to use 45 series, use back the original spring. Rear tyre will be OK, front tyre not sure, especially when you turn yr steering on uneven road surface.

bmw7833;320996 said:
James, do u have any pic for ur car?? Can show us here??

So what brand of strut u use now?? Or what color of strut and spring in ur car now?? Roughly we can know the brand if u can tell us the color..

U want ori spring?? I got one set, cheap cheap to u..

U come lah to this Friday TT and we show you all the 5 series in the club either lowered or not so lowered..

Also u can check out the effect of the drivers weight on the ride height. Yeah.........................even Bailey's bling bling will be there.:driver:

You can double confirm there itself, settle all your doubts on Sachs or Bilstein B6 or Bilstein B8.:top:. Apa macam?

Top Bottom