M-Sports II Suspension

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
bimmerholic;650265 said:
Do they sell Sachs Super Touring here as well?

Dont know, called Suan Huat which supposedly carry the Sachs brand here, but the guy on the phone said they dont do anything other than 'normal' Sachs.

Haywire,

What i've gathered from a fellow enthusiast is that, there are 3 types absorbers made for E39 (factory fitted originals):

1) Standard Abs
2) M Sport Abs
3) Mtech II Abs (M Sport II)

And the one you're referring to is (3). My question is what is the diff between M Sport & Msport II abs...well apart from their part numbers?

p.s: Did you find out from Bomin if they have the one you're looking for?

bimmerholic;650498 said:
Haywire,

What i've gathered from a fellow enthusiast is that, there are 3 types absorbers made for E39 (factory fitted originals):

1) Standard Abs
2) M Sport Abs
3) Mtech II Abs (M Sport II)

And the one you're referring to is (3). My question is what is the diff between M Sport & Msport II abs...well apart from their part numbers?

p.s: Did you find out from Bomin if they have the one you're looking for?

They changed from M Sport Suspension I to M Sport suspension II around 1999. Its a bit like the steering wheel where they changed from single stage to dual stage in 1999 too.

Bomin said he got a replacement part for the 535i, I believe all the V8s uses a sort of sport absorbers but its not the one I'm looking for. He didnt mention any brands, just keep mentioning its for the 535i.

haywire;650553 said:
They changed from M Sport Suspension I to M Sport suspension II around 1999. Its a bit like the steering wheel where they changed from single stage to dual stage in 1999 too.

Bomin said he got a replacement part for the 535i, I believe all the V8s uses a sort of sport absorbers but its not the one I'm looking for. He didnt mention any brands, just keep mentioning its for the 535i.

Indeed. V8s abs would not fit I6s AFAIK. So you're sourcing that abs from UK?

bimmerholic;650661 said:
Indeed. V8s abs would not fit I6s AFAIK. So you're sourcing that abs from UK?

Yes, including a full set of original BMW brakes, pads and sensors and other bits and pieces too

Top Bottom