Dyno Day Anyone???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

fabianyee

Founding Member
Just another idea to toy with, want to find out how many members are interested to get your car dynoed. We would try to organise a dyno day package for the member.. It's all go if we can get 10 cars... Normal rate for dyno is RM100 for 3 runs.. If got enuf number, maybe can get as low as RM70 per car... 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.

I have received PM enquiring what is Dyno.

In a nutshell, the term Dyno here refers to strapping the car on the floor mounted dynometer with the driven wheel (in BMW case, the rear wheels) on the rolling barrel (or whatever u call them). Then the car would be 'driven' for the driven wheels to make the rolling barrel roll for the dynometer to calculate the amount of torque and horsepower across the RPM range. A chart would be plotted and displayed on the computer screen.

Normally, there would be 3 runs. and Air Fuel Ratio (AFR) would be taken too, using a lambda probe. So u can ectually know whether your engine is healthy or not looking at the chart. And also whether your mods are working well or not..

Fab - where ?
Zoggee - come la lar-ling .. dun be sked laaa ...

1. 535i

Albundy, does RS impressive has any web site? just want to know more details...

Thanks..

Adliz, its a dastek dyno. Pretty accurate. Has done dynos at N1 and RS Impressive, both dyno results were similar down to the dot.

Have confirmed with the lady boss, if we get more than 10 cars, the price would be RM 60 per car. Maybe we can fork out another ten bucks for some drinks and food :)

www.rsimpressive.com

ok.. im in..

1. 535i
2. wan520i
3. jsen

p/s: if its 60.. its very worth it.. dun mind forking out anohter 10 bucks man.!

this sounds like a good idea. I've got a couple of people with non bimmers that are interested. Can they join?

It doesn't have to be only limited to bmw club members right? If we're trying to make up numbers then we should open it up a little. agree? Of course within reason/condition... the club members get first dibs.

btw, if you get over 10 cars for the dyno, the last few guys will be waiting forever... probably be 5 hours of waiting for the 10th guy. correct?

I think each dyno run shouldnt take more than 20 minutes, basically its the setting up that takes time. THe run should be all over within 5 minutes.

It should be fun to see similar cars with different results. :)

1. 535i
2. wan520i
3. jsen
4. yeop
5. xxx

REDZ4, its primarily a BMW dyno day, but we welcome other cars too....bring your E30 or Z4 dude.

1. 535i
2. wan520i
3. jsen
4. yeop
5. xxx
6. 2cents
7. donald

1. 535i
2. wan520i
3. jsen
4. yeop
5. xxx