Drive to Fraser's Hill

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kevster30

Club Guest
I am proposing a drive to Fraser's Hill on Sunday, February 20th, 2005.The purpose of this drive is to enjoy a convoy out of KL. RACING IS PROHIBITED! What to expect: Nice twisty roads and beautiful sceneryThe drive:8:00am - Meet up for breakfast at Penang Nasi Kandar PJ New Town(nxt to HSBC)9:00am - Leave KL9:30am - Exit to Bentong10:30am - Foot of Fraser's Hill11:00am - Up to Fraser's Hill12:00am - Lunch2:00pm - Leave Fraser's Hill3:00pm - Kuala Kubu Bharu4:30pm - Back in KLThe Rules1) No Overtaking - you will be assigned positions during this convoy2) Speed Limit - 120kph: no execptions3) Maintain your pace - maintain a distance of one car length at all times4) Pace of the drive will be set by the lead car - keep up or else the pace of the convoy will suffer.5) If your car has more than 550bhp don't participate6) If your car has less than 100bhp don't participateThe Participants:1) Kevster302) Fabianyee3) Elwine304) Albundy5) Three286)

Please ensure that:

1) Your car is mechanically reliable.

2) You have a full tank of petrol.

3) You have toll money.

4) You have lunch money.

5) You have your wife/girlfriend/family's consent.

6) You did not party hard the night before. :)

Originally posted by kevster30@Jan 24 2005, 11:26 PM
3) Maintain your pace - maintain a distance of one car length at all times
one car lenght not enuf ler...

at least 3 car lenght... If follow 2 second rule, than it can be more when travelling at 100kph...

if i ride my 2 wheels....how many lengths must i follow?
1,3,5??? car or 2 wheels length....!!!

Originally posted by teejay@Jan 24 2005, 11:05 AM
if i ride my 2 wheels....how many lengths must i follow?
1,3,5??? car or 2 wheels length....!!!
If your 2 wheels bears a roundel no problemo! If not.......try a distance of 50,000 wheels...........hahhahahahahah

1) Kevster30
2) Fabianyee
3) Elwine30
4) Albundy
5) Three28
6) wkwoo69

Hmm,the usual suspects....

Also, can all participants please be on time for once? There's no excuse, given the departure time of 9am.

Originally posted by kevster30@Jan 24 2005, 10:26 AM

6) If your car has less than 100bhp don't participate
Wow :eek: . Need dyno printout to proof... e30 318i with standard M10/M40
probably can't make 100bhp.

My 23 year old e21 with 320/6 and its diminishing BHP (due to old age) and
i am sure it's less than 100bhp, so i am out.

Anyway, hv good trip :rolleyes: up and down. ;)

1) Kevster30
2) Fabianyee
3) Elwine30
4) Albundy
5) Three28
6) wkwoo69
7) Crymson

Also, can all participants please be on time for once? There's no excuse, given the departure time of 9am.

I am glad that the committee is setting some rules/guidelines for our convoy sessions.

Those with older models shouldn't be excluded if they have less than 100 horses. Its not a race up there anyway....

Originally posted by wkwoo69@Jan 24 2005, 08:11 PM
Those with older models shouldn't be excluded if they have less than 100 horses. Its not a race up there anyway....
I agreee. after all its not a race

Originally posted by wkwoo69@Jan 24 2005, 08:11 PM
Guys,

It's just some dry humor on my end.......all are welcome!!!!!!! *sheesh*

Originally posted by fabianyee@Jan 24 2005, 10:59 AM

one car lenght not enuf ler...

at least 3 car lenght... If follow 2 second rule, than it can be more when travelling at 100kph...
That's cause your car can never travel below 120kph! :p :p :p

But seriously, it's just a guideline we will adjust accordingly during the drive.

Originally posted by fabianyee@Jan 25 2005, 11:52 AM
however, the point is not to 'tiong' the fellow in front... :D
Hmmm, might be very difficult not to do that... :lol: Sometimes the spirit of things might get you carried away...

I know how it feels ...its sometimes no fun being stuck behind an auto 4-cyl, esp. going uphill...

Exercise restraint and arrange the convoy accordingly lah. The more powerful cars will be bringing up the rear as is usually the case? Not to imply that those driving less powerful cars have less skill - the limits of the more powerful car are of course higher, so it will be less stressful to the driver and the car to move faster, all things being equal.

I want to make an observation from past convoys (apart from punctuality!): I really hope that those who bring their kids along will be a good example to the others and have their kids buckle up and where required, strapped into their child seats.

Also, can someone please do a posting of this drive at E46owners.com? Chester?

1) Kevster30
2) Fabianyee
3) Elwine30
4) Albundy
5) Three28
6) wkwoo69
7) Crymson
8) rx7soo

hello, bro pls don't put aeroplane tis time.....hehe...

where is Alex?..... B)

I where got aeroplane leh...you were faster than me lar...you are just being humble....anyway, its not a race! Its a cruise! See you next month bro!

From the itinerary, looks like the convoy will be taking the Bentong-Raub road to the Gap, through Gombak. On the way back, KKB-Rawang trunk road or the NKVE?

Top Bottom