Drainage holes blocked?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

audionutter

Club Guest
Want to ask all of the forummers, for the e90 cars there are two drainage holes on either side of the engine compartment in front of the windscreen but behind the engine itself. The holes have a cover over them with small perforations. What would happen if leaves fell into the drainage holes when trying to get the leaves off the cover? Where would the leaves block and where is the place the remove them?Does anyone know? Thank you.

Can show us photos? If not mistaken, it goes into the fender cavity area. To remove the debris, need to open the fender lining in the wheel arch.

astroboy;614463 said:
Can show us photos? If not mistaken, it goes into the fender cavity area. To remove the debris, need to open the fender lining in the wheel arch.

that seems to me a bit of an overkill. Why not just use compressed air jet from the workshop? Even the typical car wash would have a strong spray jet that would be sufficient to blow off the debris.

I don't think Compressed air enough to blow them out the other end. Tried water pressure jet, can see water flowing out underneath the car but no sign of the leaves! Not sure if I can take the photo that shows what I'm talking about but if I manage to, will post it here.

If water flows out from the channels under the car, then they're not blocked, so why are you so worried about a few leaves? It's just a car, and a car is meant to be used in an environment of leaves, insects, dust, soot and mud.

I don't even bother to clean out those debris traps. I just leave the leaves and insects to turn into compost and disintegrate, and flow down the channels as sludge...like nature intended. :wink:

come to think of it, i've never heard of a car failure due to drainage holes blocked :)

I notice that the dealer always removes the debris traps and cleans out the leaves etc during each service. You can do it too, just takes a few seconds to do it.

Schwepps;614599 said:
If water flows out from the channels under the car, then they're not blocked, so why are you so worried about a few leaves? It's just a car, and a car is meant to be used in an environment of leaves, insects, dust, soot and mud.

I don't even bother to clean out those debris traps. I just leave the leaves and insects to turn into compost and disintegrate, and flow down the channels as sludge...like nature intended. :wink:

are u a Nudist too prof?

The politically correct term to use today is 'Naturist' dude. And yes of course, both on designated beaches and non, in several continents. What else have you figured out about me? :D

Top Bottom