Conversion of e39 steering

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
This how d dual stage paddle shift steering retrofitted to E39 stage 1 spec ......

Multifunction key and paddle shift all working fine ......

2012-09-08135330.jpg

How about the airbag? is it working?

Who's E39 is that? Nice Complete Leather option....

haywire;769468 said:
How about the airbag? is it working?

Who's E39 is that? Nice Complete Leather option....

Air bag can make it function just this car previous owner disable d airbag function so we just leave it .......

Its my fren car ..... he convert to complete M5 interior .......very nice indeed .....

Lionel, would appreciate some clarifications :

1. The steering wheel is obviously post 1999 version. Do you need to mod the steering wheel ie cut certain part out of the wheel?

2. Is the airbag dual stage or single stage? From what I have read, dual stage airbag need to be replaced with single stage airbag. Otherwise it won't fit it.

thanks.

1. The steering wheel is obviously post 1999 version. Do you need to mod the steering wheel ie cut certain part out of the wheel?
Yes. . Need to modified

2. Is the airbag dual stage or single stage? From what I have read, dual stage airbag need to be replaced with single stage airbag. Otherwise it won't fit it.
Yes. . .stage 1 airbag socket needed. .

Dear all sifus out there,
I've just found a Type 4 steering that having exactly the same back design with slip ring to replace my old Type 2 steering for my pre facelift e39.

TYPE 4.
bigyes.jpg
TYPE 2.
mineyes.jpg

50kzl1.jpg

However, im facing some wiring issues. After opening up the airbag, the old four spokes multifunction steering is having total of 6 cables connecting from left to right. as shown below:

However, (im sorry that i forgot to take the newer M Tech steering photo as i already fitted the steering onto my car but without multifunction functioning) the cable on the new steering has only 4. The slip ring on the new steering & old steering were same design but amount of cables are different. I took the old slip ring & put it on the new steering, trying to connect the socket into the new steering, but the multifunction cannot function at all.

Any sifus out there has met this problem before or any suggestion or page that i can view to solve the wiring issues!?

Thanks a million!!!

Top Bottom