steering control questions

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
yeap called him and he is located around my office only, the thing is i am using an aftermarket HU and once he wires he MF i still need to send it to the audio guys to tap the wires in, its like double work.

so i thought i could tell the audio guy how to do it and he can do it at a single go.

now petrus tells me the the slip ring with the 4 spoke and 3 spoke are the same, then i guess i can swap the steering and leave the wiring to the audio guys.

rsctan;706945 said:
yeap called him and he is located around my office only, the thing is i am using an aftermarket HU and once he wires he MF i still need to send it to the audio guys to tap the wires in, its like double work.

so i thought i could tell the audio guy how to do it and he can do it at a single go.

now petrus tells me the the slip ring with the 4 spoke and 3 spoke are the same, then i guess i can swap the steering and leave the wiring to the audio guys.

Hhhhmmm....if u use aftermarket HU which is not designed for BMW, i dun think ur MF buttons will work unless your head unit comes with a specially designed interface adapator for BMW.

For example: From what i know, only certain brands offer this like alpine, but u can't use the MF buttons with your alpine player until you purchase the interface adaptor for BMW :)

rsctan;706945 said:

Me too using aftermarket DD HU but not so complicated as what you describe.
Just plug in N play, the control buttons of volume and search just works fine on the 3 spokes steering
:rock::rock::rock:
6714839525_16678c8050.jpg

Are you pointed that i am putting my sale here? Or are you trying to promote my sales here, if yes then i will say thank you to you. Which eyes of you read i mention that i am putting my sale here? Come on pls..don't act like Chinese said "Siew Len" attitude and pls..don't misleading others here.

Bro rsctan so sorry for disturbing your thread here and hope you pardon me.

Petrus;706701 said:
Hi bro, I managed to "upgrade" my 4-spoke Non-Multifunction steering to the 3-spoke sport steering. For you to activate the multifunction in your 3 spoke steering, you just need to retrofit a wire from the steering to the DME. It is as written in the link given both by bro bmw7833 and wutty. I think the technician might be giving you some false info lah bro.

For your info, my car is 2001 320 Six Potter Japan spec. :)

Before with 4 spoke steering :-

P4160176.jpg

After with 3-spoke steering

880.jpg

nice thread here...got one Q to ask,maybe a newbie question..
my e46 come with 4-spoke Multifunction steering but none of the button on its works..is it true because i change my HU to aftermarket type?
thanks

What aftermarket HU u replace? If those without canbus then u lost the multifunction in steering.

bmw7833;714829 said:
What aftermarket HU u replace? If those without canbus then u lost the multifunction in steering.

sorry,can remember the brand,pioneer IINM..so,either i replace with HU with canbus or i change back tu stock BMW HU right?
thanks!

Top Bottom