Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Excellent thread /poll!! my f30 is pending until major faults or flaws r rectified.wait for improvements...

My car is in Quill at the moment, I am hoping they can resolve the issues.

Where is the option for those without any problems?

I don't know if it's an insulation issue or maybe due to the sunroof insulation, but sometimes, when there are lorries next to me, I can hear their engine, even if the lorry is at idle. As for wind noise, I hear that, but only at higher speeds, like 160 and above, and even that only when the radio is turned off.

Regards,
-HypoGXII

Mine just hit over 2k now. So far near flawless..excpet for a minor rattle from steering wheel at times. Im loving the twin scroll turbo powertrain "terrorizing" all other cars on the road. Even some souped-up turbo cars with loud blow off valves shy away. Fantastic. I am also averaging 8.5l/100kms..much better than the E90. The 328 badge is now a real performance insignia :top:

jan999;768426 said:
shall we have a polling and so that can compile the issues on F30?

Yes, good idea bro, well done :top:

Echoing HypoGXII, is it possible to add another choice of 'no problem'? so we can also know the % of trouble free F30s

Cheers

jan999;768633 said:
10 out of 10 saying wind noise an issue...

brother mizhan mentioned in another thread that the wind noise is a character flaw due to its design!!...shall i say that at high speeds,nature that is the wind is envious of the f30-whistling at it!!...woo hoo...

_M_;768605 said:
Yes, good idea bro, well done :top:

Echoing HypoGXII, is it possible to add another choice of 'no problem'? so we can also know the % of trouble free F30s

Cheers

jan999;768629 said:
i tried, but i think i unable to modify the poll unless Mod can help?

Guys,

Just pm me and let me have the details on what you what to add to the poll.

Cheers

Hi, Herbert,

if possible, add in below:

- No problem at all, my car is perfect

- The car is a crap, not worth buying at all

- problems arises, but overall worth to buy

i think all above shall be enough

thanks

jan999;768823 said:
Hi, Herbert,

if possible, add in below:

- No problem at all, my car is perfect

- The car is a crap, not worth buying at all

- problems arises, but overall worth to buy

i think all above shall be enough

thanks

OK, it is done.

wind noise can be heard at around 120km/h. maybe its the big wing mirrors?

i am a bit disappointed with the suspension though. for 328i, its very soft? like really really soft? i traded in my 325i, which was superb round the corners.

I having problem with wind noise above 100km/h, coming sound like shuuuuushuuuuuu, anyone face it? Can be solve?

Thank...

i posted our survey in BMW Malaysia FB's wall. lets see if they will wake up

jennypenny;768964 said:
wind noise can be heard at around 120km/h. maybe its the big wing mirrors?

i am a bit disappointed with the suspension though. for 328i, its very soft? like really really soft? i traded in my 325i, which was superb round the corners.

Coming from the E90 experience, I agree with you on both points. The big wing mirrors are the main reason for the wind noise. My previous E90 (prefacelift) mirrors are a lot smaller and are quieter at high speeds. But these new ones are better from a safety point of view.

The suspension is on the soft side, but they are good for the daily drive and for rear passengers. Im contemplating the M Performance Chassis upgrade when its available later this months as a solution for this. Anyways,these two are no biggies for me.

Top Bottom