Clone a e46 key want me to sign a letter for warranty ???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tweiboon

Club Guest
1 of the forummer's wife asking me to sign a letter for cloning a key for her husband's e46. Is it too over ? Should sign this letter ? what is your opinion ? Give comment pls..............

If u really so kind and want to help him, then sign lo..But for me, i will ask him to copy the key in AB.

They just want to protect themselves. Another question, if the car loss one day, will u be the 1st suspect? Think about it.

But i didnt cut the key thread i will ask them to cut the key themselve. So I still the first 1 be supected ?

tweiboon;664763 said:
But i didnt cut the key thread i will ask them to cut the key themselve. So I still the first 1 be supected ?

depend la bro..if it is to hassle then just forget about it..not worth it..

ichi82;664773 said:
depend la bro..if it is to hassle then just forget about it..not worth it..

ok then i will tell not gonna do for him and ask him go to find AB.........hehehehehehhe

Having read above posts, here are my 2 cents worth of thought:

1. The forummer’s wife is only exercising her consumer’s rights by asking you to sign the warranty form. Sad to say that most consumers in Malaysia are quite ignorant about their rights and hence there are many reports of consumers taken for a ride by sellers/service providers.

2. If you are doing the key cloning as a sideline business (i.e. making profit, which I assumed you are), then customer has the right to demand for warranty and/or liability. What if the ECU kaput during or after cloning? What if the cloning result in ECU shut-down while driving causing an accident? There are many "what if " scenarios from a customer's prospective and hence the demand for you to sign the warranty form. If you are confident with the quality of your cloning, then you should be confident enough to sign the warranty form.

3. You are a total stranger to this customer (forummer), no track records of your clone service, you do not have a shop/premise/office to operate your service as compared to car auto accessory/workshop. How would this customer locate you for after sales service such as key failures or related problems? You have a mobile number and what if you decided not to receive their calls?

4. If I were the customer, not only will I insist you sign the warranty form, I would also take a face photo of you and attach it to the warranty form. This is to facilitate easy personal identification should subsequent actions are required due to disputes of warranty and/or liability. Even “Ah Long” nowadays insist taking full facial photos of borrower in case of repayment default, some even went to the extend of taking nude photos of borrowers.

tweiboon;664761 said:
1 of the forummer's wife asking me to sign a letter for cloning a key for her husband's e46. Is it too over ? Should sign this letter ? what is your opinion ? Give comment pls..............

like mentioned ...if you're a honest joe and know what you're doing then you should sign in ..but then again make sure you read all the terms and condition or finelines on what you're liable upon if case something goes wrong ...:)

ICEMAN 13;664876 said:
like mentioned ...if you're a honest joe and know what you're doing then you should sign in ..but then again make sure you read all the terms and condition or finelines on what you're liable upon if case something goes wrong ...:)

Agreed.....
If the terms and conditions not match then sure not do.......
But for this situation i will ask them go for AB ..........heheheheh

tweiboon;664761 said:

If dat d case I want me letter signed too :)

r u helping or r u making profit?if helping but need to do all this no point..if u r doing business then u need to present ur self as a trustworthy person..maybe u should prepare the agreement for ur service so that next time u dont have to go through this..but that require additional charges then..more profit what..premium service premium price lah..vice versa..fair right?both u and ur customer happy..

ichi82;664886 said:
r u helping or r u making profit?if helping but need to do all this no point..if u r doing business then u need to present ur self as a trustworthy person..maybe u should prepare the agreement for ur service so that next time u dont have to go through this..but that require additional charges then..more profit what..premium service premium price lah..vice versa..fair right?both u and ur customer happy..

If you know the price that i am offered i am sure u will know i am for helping or making profit.............hehehehhe
Until this moment for those came to find me for clone key sure from this forums.

tweiboon;664878 said:
Agreed.....
If the terms and conditions not match then sure not do.......
But for this situation i will ask them go for AB ..........heheheheh

yehh totally agree on this view of yours ....

sidetrack : wah this forumers wife very the smart one leyy.... :)

ICEMAN 13;664898 said:
yehh totally agree on this view of yours ....

sidetrack : wah this forumers wife very the smart one leyy.... :)

ya ya .....................really scared loh...........hahahahahaha

want the cheapest clone key in the town but higher warranty than AB..............super man only can do it

herbert;664858 said:
Having read above posts, here are my 2 cents worth of thought:

1. The forummer’s wife is only exercising her consumer’s rights by asking you to sign the warranty form. Sad to say that most consumers in Malaysia are quite ignorant about their rights and hence there are many reports of consumers taken for a ride by sellers/service providers.

2. If you are doing the key cloning as a sideline business (i.e. making profit, which I assumed you are), then customer has the right to demand for warranty and/or liability. What if the ECU kaput during or after cloning? What if the cloning result in ECU shut-down while driving causing an accident? There are many "what if " scenarios from a customer's prospective and hence the demand for you to sign the warranty form. If you are confident with the quality of your cloning, then you should be confident enough to sign the warranty form.

3. You are a total stranger to this customer (forummer), no track records of your clone service, you do not have a shop/premise/office to operate your service as compared to car auto accessory/workshop. How would this customer locate you for after sales service such as key failures or related problems? You have a mobile number and what if you decided not to receive their calls?

4. If I were the customer, not only will I insist you sign the warranty form, I would also take a face photo of you and attach it to the warranty form. This is to facilitate easy personal identification should subsequent actions are required due to disputes of warranty and/or liability. Even “Ah Long” nowadays insist taking full facial photos of borrower in case of repayment default, some even went to the extend of taking nude photos of borrowers.

If the letter is putting your scenarios then i will ask you go for AB...................

tweiboon;664888 said:
If you know the price that i am offered i am sure u will know i am for helping or making profit.............hehehehhe
Until this moment for those came to find me for clone key sure from this forums.

tweiboon,

Let us be clear about your clone key service so that members here can decide whether to take up your service.

1. Are you doing this clone key as your part-time business?
2. Are you doing this clone key to help another member?

tweiboon;664973 said:
If the letter is putting your scenarios then i will ask you go for AB...................

tweiboon;664969 said:
want the cheapest clone key in the town but higher warranty than AB..............super man only can do it

Though your price is cheaper than AB's, it does not mean you do not have to give warranty. Even pasar malam sellers also give warranty.

I need to clone 3 keys..

1) T2's 518
2) VP's 5d3
3) DY's 335

Please quote first.. :4:

herbert;664989 said:
tweiboon,

Let us be clear about your clone key service so that members here can decide whether to take up your service.

1. Are you doing this clone key as your part-time business?
2. Are you doing this clone key to help another member?

Though your price is cheaper than AB's, it does not mean you do not have to give warranty. Even pasar malam sellers also give warranty.

Warranty sure give but not sign the letter with your senario. Then you ask the pasar malam sellers sign your letter.............hahahahahahahahahahah

I need to clone 3 keys..

1) T2's 518
2) VP's 5d3
3) DY's 335
4) haKKaMeE Z4

Please quote first.. :4:

haKKaMeE;665054 said:
I need to clone 3 keys..

1) T2's 518
2) VP's 5d3
3) DY's 335
4) haKKaMeE Z4