absorber, key programming,door sensors problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
bongyt2;532072 said:
bro jarance,

i cant seem to program the key... how? is it have to go auto bavaria to ask them program?

Sorry for the late reply..

I just got another GM5 from another person to test it on my E46. When the module is plug in, there is no response when I press the "Open" button on my remote key.

However, after I synchronise the key, I can open and close the door after I do the resyn procedure.

Note: When I change back to my original GM5, I could not open/close my door again using the remote key. I have to resyn it twice (also doing for my spare) to get the keys to work again.

So can you states what exactly did you do so that I can correct the step?

jarance;534554 said:
Sorry for the late reply..

I just got another GM5 from another person to test it on my E46. When the module is plug in, there is no response when I press the "Open" button on my remote key.

However, after I synchronise the key, I can open and close the door after I do the resyn procedure.

Note: When I change back to my original GM5, I could not open/close my door again using the remote key. I have to resyn it twice (also doing for my spare) to get the keys to work again.

So can you states what exactly did you do so that I can correct the step?

Bro,
I did exactly the same steps which is stated in the procedures. But it just can't seem to work. I even tried using the spare key but it just couldn't open and close door after I resyn. I photocopy the procedure and did exactly the same.

I went to Bavarian Auto at Subang Jaya and they asked me to go to a shop to program it for RM250(2 keys). Is it cheap for this price? Or is it not worth it?

I read thru the procedure and simplified it as follow:-

E46Key.jpg

1. Open door and get into car.
2. Close door.
3. Insert key into ignition and turn key to position "1". (Radio just turn on or accessories position).
4. Turn to "OFF" and remove key.
5. Press and hold "OPEN" button on key
6. While still holding the "OPEN" button, press the "CLOSE" button three times.
7. Release the "OPEN" button.

The door would then closed by itself if the resyn procedure is successful.

Note: Step 4 to step 7 must be done within 5 seconds.

bongyt2;534768 said:
Bro,
I did exactly the same steps which is stated in the procedures. But it just can't seem to work. I even tried using the spare key but it just couldn't open and close door after I resyn. I photocopy the procedure and did exactly the same.

I went to Bavarian Auto at Subang Jaya and they asked me to go to a shop to program it for RM250(2 keys). Is it cheap for this price? Or is it not worth it?

Did the door lock by itself when you done the re-syn procedure.

Also can you open and close the door normally with the central console "Open/Close" button.

jarance;535034 said:
I read thru the procedure and simplified it as follow:-

E46Key.jpg

1. Open door and get into car.
2. Close door.
3. Insert key into ignition and turn key to position "1". (Radio just turn on or accessories position).
4. Turn to "OFF" and remove key.
5. Press and hold "OPEN" button on key
6. While still holding the "OPEN" button, press the "CLOSE" button three times.
7. Release the "OPEN" button.

The door would then closed by itself if the resyn procedure is successful.

Note: Step 4 to step 7 must be done within 5 seconds.

Bro

From Step 4 to Step 7, I didn't do it within 5 seconds. But I thought when you insert key into ignition and turn key to position "1",u need to leave the key there for 5 seconds before turning to "off"?
After I turn off and remove key, i press and hold "OPEN" key for 5 seconds then let it go. I didn't do step 6 and 7. I straight away go back to step 3. I guess this is my mistake... I will give it another shot... But now my car is in the workshop to do some body works. Spraying it to pure black. Would be done on Thursday then I will update it here..

But meanwhile,i just changed the ignition coil 2 times cause my car was vibrating. Vibrating very badly until my eyes is also vibrating after driving. Now left 4 absorbers and front lower arm needs to be changed. Many things need to be changed. So expensive....

bongyt2;535039 said:
Bro

From Step 4 to Step 7, I didn't do it within 5 seconds. But I thought when you insert key into ignition and turn key to position "1",u need to leave the key there for 5 seconds before turning to "off"?
After I turn off and remove key, i press and hold "OPEN" key for 5 seconds then let it go. I didn't do step 6 and 7. I straight away go back to step 3. I guess this is my mistake... I will give it another shot... But now my car is in the workshop to do some body works. Spraying it to pure black. Would be done on Thursday then I will update it here..

But meanwhile,i just changed the ignition coil 2 times cause my car was vibrating. Vibrating very badly until my eyes is also vibrating after driving. Now left 4 absorbers and front lower arm needs to be changed. Many things need to be changed. So expensive....

That's why BMW = Brings Money Worries, Breaks My Wallet, Banyak Makan Wang...

Salut

solo;535092 said:
That's why BMW = Brings Money Worries, Breaks My Wallet, Banyak Makan Wang...

Salut

Bro,

I love this few words.... hahaha... and it is exactly breaking my wallet....

bro jarance,
my key can work already..

thanks for your help.. now left door sensors... there is no display... only one door and the boot can be seen when it is not closed... what would be the problem to this?

bongyt2;536101 said:
bro jarance,
my key can work already..

thanks for your help.. now left door sensors... there is no display... only one door and the boot can be seen when it is not closed... what would be the problem to this?

Ha.. ha.. Thank for the update.. Since I help you to save RM250, maybe you can use the saving and join us as Official Member lah. :rock: We always welcome BMW owner who share the same passion as us.

I have not encounter your problem before. I suspect it could be the bulb blown or the door sensor is faulty.

bro...

i need to join as official member... but i don't know how do i do that... Plus be the official member got many benefit...

btw,bro... did u know that when u are official member,u change 4 of your absorbers on E46 cost around rm860? subsidize by bmw club...

now my ride only left a few things.. maybe you would know what to do:
1) I need a RED CCFL... Do you know where do I get it? I've been finding for it for a long time... Till now only White CCFL can be found.
2)Chrome Rings... Can be bought any time. Cost RM150.
3)4pcs Absorbers

Bro,another question... My other set of spare key can't resyn.. is it because i did not charge the key? i never use the key before plus this key is new even though it is 10 years old already. I need to charge it fully first before i can resyn right?

thanks..

bongyt2;536503 said:
bro...

i need to join as official member... but i don't know how do i do that... Plus be the official member got many benefit...

btw,bro... did u know that when u are official member,u change 4 of your absorbers on E46 cost around rm860? subsidize by bmw club...

now my ride only left a few things.. maybe you would know what to do:
1) I need a RED CCFL... Do you know where do I get it? I've been finding for it for a long time... Till now only White CCFL can be found.
2)Chrome Rings... Can be bought any time. Cost RM150.
3)4pcs Absorbers

Bro,another question... My other set of spare key can't resyn.. is it because i did not charge the key? i never use the key before plus this key is new even though it is 10 years old already. I need to charge it fully first before i can resyn right?

thanks..

What colour is your car? Why go for red CCFL. CCFL is so out dated and give a lot of problem. Go for SMD LED angel eye. It look much nicer. Did it for my car when the CCFL only last few months.
Copyofsmdled.jpg

Yes chrome rings is nice.. Got mine for RM180..

jarance;538163 said:
What colour is your car? Why go for red CCFL. CCFL is so out dated and give a lot of problem. Go for SMD LED angel eye. It look much nicer. Did it for my car when the CCFL only last few months.
Copyofsmdled.jpg

Yes chrome rings is nice.. Got mine for RM180..

Mr Jarance,

Just a slight detour in the topic here, How much did the SMD LED Angel Eyes cost you and where did you buy it from?

Also any idea if anyone in KL is selling this: -
http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190359219755&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks in advance.

Salut

solo;538206 said:
Mr Jarance,

Just a slight detour in the topic here, How much did the SMD LED Angel Eyes cost you and where did you buy it from?

Also any idea if anyone in KL is selling this: -
http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190359219755&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks in advance.

Salut

I think there is a guy selling them on mudah.com when I was research on SMD LED DIY. Problem is that the SMD are not flexible and hence cannot bend it shape for the light. I think if you want to do like the Audi eyebrow, maybe it will worked.

Got my SMD LED for about RM220 (special price) from one of the forummer. Will PM his contact number if you want to contact him for the latest pricing.

jarance;538212 said:
I think there is a guy selling them on mudah.com when I was research on SMD LED DIY. Problem is that the SMD are not flexible and hence cannot bend it shape for the light. I think if you want to do like the Audi eyebrow, maybe it will worked.

Got my SMD LED for about RM220 (special price) from one of the forummer. Will PM his contact number if you want to contact him for the latest pricing.

Yes please, I'd like his contact.

Thanks and Salut

Top Bottom