CBU or CKD F30 328

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

corad

Club Guest
Hi guys, dilemma here. Dealer offered a "Event Car" CBU 328i @ RM285k with 3 year BMW Service etc. Mileage is less than 3k. Just thinking if I should go for this instead of a brand new CKD. Haven't nego CKD price (anybody mind to share best deal ? :p)

Are you getting from Auto Bavaria?well I've been offered pre reg SKD 328 at 273800..the CBU is what the colour and trim you wanted?

Find out what kind of event. If it is for ferrying people from place to place then should be ok but for any kind of test drive or road test event then I will avoid.

CBU quality is usually better than CKD but the equipment level will be lower.

I fully agree with zhul but I tell ya, SKD quality ain't bad and the better sound system it comes with is much nicer. So,.... I would go for new SKD or CKD. Quality ok lah and I know this considering my E92 for 5 years was CBU.

Wolfdire;777765 said:
Are you getting from Auto Bavaria?well I've been offered pre reg SKD 328 at 273800..the CBU is what the colour and trim you wanted?
Mine's Regas, the S'wak dealer. The CBU is Luxury line, color is alright but feel more attracted to the Sport :p

zhul;777826 said:
Find out what kind of event. If it is for ferrying people from place to place then should be ok but for any kind of test drive or road test event then I will avoid.

CBU quality is usually better than CKD but the equipment level will be lower.
Doubt I'll be able to get solid info on the car's previous use, but the low mileage is quite tempting. I wasn't aware of equipment levels being different, what's missing in the CBU ? Also as Juan Powerblow pointed out, CKD has better speakers ?

i wuz about to post something then i realized u guys r talking about east malaysia price, me not so sure how much diff than peninsula..'

anyhow if i were u, id take new. ckd pun ckd lah... can choose my color n trim.. plus the smell of unused( brandnew) car...

malaysia car market bit funny they dont care ckd or cbu or special edition... when time to sell the single most important pricing factor is - year manufactured..

Any bro from north (penang and kedah) can recommend good SA? pls pm for SA name and contact.. many thanks

heard that the CBU is from South Africa not Germany. Can CBU owners confirm?

P/S: BMWs with a Vehicle Identification No. starting with "NC0" are manufactured in South Africa.

Hi guys,

I have been offered a cbu 328i car with discount of course as it is a 2012 made. In real dilemma whether to take it or book a 2013 SKD. Thanks to the forumer who introduced the website to check car details, i found out that the car was manufactured in july 2012. This means that the car arrived here somewhere aug and its been in the yard for already 5 months. I am not very sure how the dealer preserve the car but 5 months seems quite long. Onthe other matters, i would appreciate fellow forumers advise on the advantage of the VSS installed in SKD model. Also any significant different between 6 and 9 speakers?

silvy;784155 said:
not sure abt tat. the info that south africa CBU starts with NC0 is from wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW

checked the vin of my 328i cbu, it starts with w ,so shud b made in germany,does it meant whole car was assembled ready in germany n shipped directly from germany by cargo ship?

limky0424;809651 said:
checked the vin of my 328i cbu, it starts with w ,so shud b made in germany,does it meant whole car was assembled ready in germany n shipped directly from germany by cargo ship?

Yes CBU means completely built up and shipped the whole completed car directly from overseas.

splee;809662 said:
Yes CBU means completely built up and shipped the whole completed car directly from overseas.

thanks a lot and really appreciate this clarification from here... coz got sale person from bmwdealer butterworth keep telling that cbu and skd unit are same....both oso got some parts that assembled in.malaysia ,just different is the parts of cbu unit is fully imported from germany while skd units' parts are from local manufacturer ....and even the car price shud considered as same too...fainted~

Top Bottom