CarSoft diagnostic software

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Nowadays selling for less than RM200 which include adapter and software.

http://www.bmw-scanner.com/?page=bmw..._v140&lang=eng

bmwscan140_logo.jpg

Jarance, I noticed we can download "Demo" & "Full" version from thier web site, did you download the full version? usable?

Thanks for the link.

wan520i;601781 said:
Jarance, I noticed we can download "Demo" & "Full" version from thier web site, did you download the full version? usable?

Thanks for the link.

both are usable as they have version 2 now but the program is useless unless you have the hardware..

Yes, I have got Carsoft6.5 running and am ordering the hardware. I will be installing DIS/GT1, also need to get EDIABAS/INPA adapter, this is more complicated at it run on Unix and require VMware.

They are meant for OBDII (D-shape connector) and not for E36 which is 20 pin round connectors.

Price is about RM190 not including taxes.

Ok, so basically we pay RM190.00 just for the hardware, whereby the software is free downloadable from thier web site? But just wonder if we can get the hardware elsewhere..hhmm...what do they (P.A Soft) earn?

wan520i;601838 said:
Ok, so basically we pay RM190.00 just for the hardware, whereby the software is free downloadable from thier web site? But just wonder if we can get the hardware elsewhere..hhmm...what do they (P.A Soft) earn?

You dont get warranty, online support or update if you dont buy from them. Same like microsoft operating system lar!

If you intend to use the product for business, it is advisable to go for original.

cheapskate like me only use it as a hobby and for home use.

Found this for carsoft china made hardware for USD68.00. Freight about USD10.00. (Not including tax)
Can be used for old BMW with OBD-I and OBD-II.
Problem is have to get another adapter USB to serial converter. (around RM50)

CarSoft.jpg

Group Buy for BMW Scanner V1.4.0.
Closing date: 7th Jan 2010
Price: RM190 - (Please add extra RM10 if you want the item to be send to you in Malaysia by poslaju)
Collect in KL/Klang/PD
Please take note we will share the cost of Malaysia Tax if incurred by custom.

1. Alex5522
2. daichii
3. jarance

jarance;601717 said:
They are meant for OBDII (D-shape connector) and not for E36 which is 20 pin round connectors.

Price is about RM190 not including taxes.

Those with OBDI (round connector) can buy the older version which is 1.3.6. Cheaper too I believe. Include adaptor for OBDII too.

wan520i;601781 said:

Thanks for the link.

Theres a reason for that. Owners of older version 1.3.6 can try the demo software for version 1.4 (some function disabled) before they decide to buy version 1.4 which include the full software.

The ones on ebay are cheap chinese copy and doesnt have anything to do with pa soft. original equipment from pa soft is around 500 euro upwards

Closing date: 7th Jan 2010
Price: RM190 - (Please add extra RM10 if you want the item to be send to you in Malaysia by poslaju)
Collect in KL/Klang/PD

1. Alex5522
2. daichii
3. jarance
4. Bmwjackiee36

Closing date: 7th Jan 2011
Price: RM170 - (Please add extra RM10 if you want the item to be send to you in Malaysia by poslaju)
Collect in KL/Klang/PD

1. Alex5522
2. daichii
3. jarance
4. Bmwjackiee36

Note:
Price have been reduced to RM170 from RM190 due to saving in freight charge (group buy) and
5% discount when purchase in bulk of 10 items.:rock:
Payment advise shall be informed via PM.

Yazmeen, you car connector which type? If it is the D-type (on the right side of the below picture), then it should be alright.

CopyofCapture_5.jpg

jarance;601874 said:
Found this for carsoft china made hardware for USD68.00. Freight about USD10.00. (Not including tax)
Can be used for old BMW with OBD-I and OBD-II.
Problem is have to get another adapter USB to serial converter. (around RM50)

CarSoft.jpg

Jarance, can I buy this through your group buy?? My E34 using OBD1, 20-pin round socket

morpheus5039;602141 said:
Jarance, can I buy this through your group buy?? My E34 using OBD1, 20-pin round socket

haywire;590319 said:
Thats PA Soft 1.4.0, I didnt know its that cheap these days. Originals are really expensive. When I was looking for it in March it was around GBP120 (RM600) for counterfeits.

In the end I bought PA Soft 1.3.6 (previous version)

4419927934_6bc5886f69_o.jpg

GBP23 on ebay (RM115 approx)

Compatible with OBD1 (OBD in the bonnet) and OBDII (OBD in compartment near the steering) as both connectors are included in the package.

I believe the version 1.4.0 above is OBDII only? (does not include OBD1)

morpheus, I dont mind but it seem haywire got the unit cheaper from ebay.

jarance;602149 said:
morpheus, I dont mind but it seem haywire got the unit cheaper from ebay.

Bro, it's RM115(approx) in ebay, so means there are additional tax/freight cost?

Is it Rm170 (not including tax) for the OBD1 package from your source? I don't mind slightly costly, I can have less hassle to get through your group buy mah, hehe. :top:

morpheus5039;602153 said:
Bro, it's RM115(approx) in ebay, so means there are additional tax/freight cost?

Is it Rm170 (not including tax) for the OBD1 package from your source? I don't mind slightly costly, I can have less hassle to get through your group buy mah, hehe. :top:

yeah, forgot about the freight charges, 3% loading from paypal and 3% loading when buying e-bay.

I am not sure whether this might work but looking at the older version, the modem is the same for OBD1 and OBD2. Just different cable.
Maybe a cable adpator might worked. It cost about RM9.00 extra for the adpator cable.
Please take note I have not test this on older model. I am planning to buy it for my E36.

ODB2Adapter.jpg

Note: Please take note, our custom may imposed an 10% tax on electronic goods. Usually for a single item , there are no tax
but they will impose tax when items are greater than 1 items. treated as commercial.

Top Bottom