GPS Software

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Cobra Kai;471010 said:
Button on the steering wheel only repeats the last instruction given. The button on the top of the left hand menu bar turns the voice on and off (in Rachel's and my car at least, not sure if your new iDrive has a different way to do it...)

Thanks CK, but there's no such button in my iDrive menus. I've gone through every menu item in my iDrive. And my manual says press the steering wheel button to activate the Voice Input system.

Are yours and Rachel's CBUs by any chance? Can someone else with a CKD 325i Sports chime in whether they have Voice Input or not? :confused:

peanut;454794 said:
If you have the car from AB, you should get your DVD box labeled Digital Road Map and I assume the DVD is inside the DVD drive in your car. The latest should be 2009 version. If you bought a older car, it will come with the version of that year (the car is sold). However, if you know someone that has the disk, it can be easily duplicated :pcguru:

Personally, I dont think it is worth buying the new DVD because it is just too expensive. For the price, you are better off buying a top of the line Garmin 765 or 800 series! There are so many limitations in our build in GPS.

So,so right...The Garmin 765 rocks.:rock:

My BMW is made in Alor Star (Kedah?)..CKD

CK: LOL...of course the voice command works on the last instruction. I dont think they hv good memory.. lights, entertainment, louder, aircon stronger... Its annoying when you get response "I dont understand what u said".. so i dont use this feature anymore.

The 1 feature i use most of the time is the Auto Lights..

Strange! The voice command in my all my cars BMW and non-BMWs (including Proton) works in reverse.

Say "Too Cold" - The aircon temp goes up.
Say "Too Hot" - The aircon temp goes down and fan speed goes up.
Say "Too Loud" - The stereo volume goes down.
Say "Too Fast" - The car slows down.
Say "Stop Talking On The Phone" - The phone cuts off.
Say "Will You Please ...." - The car slows down to a crawl and everything goes silent.

My wife loves it.........

Schwepps;471025 said:
Thanks CK, but there's no such button in my iDrive menus. I've gone through every menu item in my iDrive. And my manual says press the steering wheel button to activate the Voice Input system.

Are yours and Rachel's CBUs by any chance? Can someone else with a CKD 325i Sports chime in whether they have Voice Input or not? :confused:

Do you have phone prep? If you do, then you should have it.

Some earlier (pre 08) iDrive on the E90 325i Sports do not have Bluetooth - No Phone Prep and thus No Voice Command. One of my friends has this model. Went thru it and there's no Phone.

Dear Cobra Kai,

I am thinking of get myself a 323i this month since special promotion. Can i concluded that it is better to get the car at 2010 since no update of Map is required?

seanchen78;471099 said:
Dear Cobra Kai,

I am thinking of get myself a 323i this month since special promotion. Can i concluded that it is better to get the car at 2010 since no update of Map is required?

Bro, the map update is not tied to year. They release the updates when it is ready. When you buy the car it contains what ever that is available at the point of purchase. You will have to pay for updates subsequent to purchase. You will not know when the next update will actually be available for distribution on our shores. Buying now and waiting for Jan will not make a difference cos I doubt the 2010 map will come out in Jan. I think it is further into the year when the update becomes available.

If I were you, I would not let the release date of the map determine my purchase date of the car. YoR is a consideration but the best deals are at year end.

Dear Saat,

Thanks.

I understand the best deal are at year end. But the 323i which i interested was registered Feb 2009, a demo car actually. According to other forumers, the car may belong to year end 2008. Hence, i think the map need an update after i get it.

I am using Garmin 255W and it work great. 323i navigation look good but wondering if it work good as well?

saat;471089 said:
Do you have phone prep? If you do, then you should have it.

Some earlier (pre 08) iDrive on the E90 325i Sports do not have Bluetooth - No Phone Prep and thus No Voice Command. One of my friends has this model. Went thru it and there's no Phone.

Mine is a 2008 325i Sports with bluetooth. Voice Input definitely does not work. I just assumed it's not an option in our models. Another example of zero PDI and lousy SA from AB Glen. I'm glad I put the lowest possible score for PDI and SA performance in their post-sale customer satisfaction survey. I've now bought 3 BMWs from AB, but never again!

seanchen78;471119 said:
Dear Saat,

Thanks.

I understand the best deal are at year end. But the 323i which i interested was registered Feb 2009, a demo car actually. According to other forumers, the car may belong to year end 2008. Hence, i think the map need an update after i get it.

I am using Garmin 255W and it work great. 323i navigation look good but wondering if it work good as well?

Given that it was registered in Feb09, it is definitely an 08 model and the map is the 08 release.

If it is a demo car, chances are they may not have updated the map.

I suggest you press the Sales Person to give :wink: you the 09 update before putting down on it.

Schwepps;471125 said:
Mine is a 2008 325i Sports with bluetooth. Voice Input definitely does not work. I just assumed it's not an option in our models. Another example of zero PDI and lousy SA from AB Glen. I'm glad I put the lowest possible score for PDI and SA performance in their post-sale customer satisfaction survey. I've now bought 3 BMWs from AB, but never again!

I spent RM3K to have AB install an BMW iPod Interface which I didnt cos all it needed was a RM350 cable. The SA didn't know.

:) Agree that it's only a novelty Saat. I'm not really bothered about having Voice Input. It's just irritating that the SA didn't do his job in explaining all the features during delivery, and PDI missed this and other hardware items for which I had to shout to get them installed. Not expected from a luxury marque!

Schwepps;471161 said:
:) Agree that it's only a novelty Saat. I'm not really bothered about having Voice Input. It's just irritating that the SA didn't do his job in explaining all the features during delivery, and PDI missed this and other hardware items for which I had to shout to get them installed. Not expected from a luxury marque!

I have the same feeling too. SA might not understand/know how to use the functions of each features. The 1st SA shown me how to check the car brake pat, engine oil, and etc. However, the 2nd SA didn't mention them at all. When i asked if the Navigation including Singapore Map, the SA said no. But after i check the system, it shown SG, MY. The SA response very fast and told me the SG map are included. :wink:

Therefore, i think i need to take some times to familiar with them.

Saat,

The SA told me the car is 2009. I think he just want to sell the car. Ha..what a SA. I tried the car. The car seem powerless after every stop. Need to step harder in order to move. The SA said it is normal. It just different from 325i. A small step and the car fly.

seanchen78;471197 said:
I have the same feeling too. SA might not understand/know how to use the functions of each features. The 1st SA shown me how to check the car brake pat, engine oil, and etc. However, the 2nd SA didn't mention them at all. When i asked if the Navigation including Singapore Map, the SA said no. But after i check the system, it shown SG, MY. The SA response very fast and told me the SG map are included. :wink:

Therefore, i think i need to take some times to familiar with them.

:) What you described is not acceptable friend. You're not just buying a normal car at normal prices. We should expect better quality from BMW dealers.

Back to the topic.

Back to the topic.

The SA told me that service center will inform us when there is new Map available. Not sure if it is true. Not sure for the price to update too.

racheltoh;471083 said:
My BMW is made in Alor Star (Kedah?)..CKD

CK: LOL...of course the voice command works on the last instruction. I dont think they hv good memory.. lights, entertainment, louder, aircon stronger... Its annoying when you get response "I dont understand what u said".. so i dont use this feature anymore.

The 1 feature i use most of the time is the Auto Lights..

Doing my BSRI service today, I asked an SC and an SA about Voice Command. It doesn't come with the pre-LCI iDrive units. So it's very strange that your unit has Voice Command, Rachel. :eek: :stupid:

I've got voice command on a pre-LCI non-iDrive E90 325.

My missus' has no voice command on an LCI non-iDrive E90 320 b'cos she has no phone prep.

So technically his statement clears both our units.

Used it a couple of times. I gave up cos I hate it when some dumb arse tells me she don't understand me even when I speak with proper pronunciation and intonation. It too demeaning.

:D Hahaha! I would agree with you. I hate the nav voice telling me where to go, and always switch it off. Show a man a map and he knows what to do la!

But this is very strange because they basically told me only the LCI units with the new iDrive has it.

Top Bottom