CarSoft diagnostic software

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
They are some kind of different, BMW V1.4.0 is a scanner and carsoft V6.5 more like a ECU tuning tool. I got both of them, US$30 for BMW V1.4.0 and US$43 for carsoft 6.5 without shipping fee on the same web with 5 star review. I first got carsoft 6.5 and found it works good and then place an extra order on V1.4.0 scanner.

They states they can be only used on win xp system, but my Panasonic laptop running win 7 64 bit system. I have tested them on win 7 OS.

BMW V1.4.0:

1) First of all, install BMW scanner software

2) Plug the BMW scanner interface to your vehicle’s OBD2 socket after complete software installation, but do not connect it with your PC/laptop at this time
3) Wait several seconds and plug the interface to the computer USB port
4) Download FTDI driver on the http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm web site. It is not difficult to perform according to the window instructions.
5) A black DOS message will show up and then install the driver after downloaded it on your computer.
6) Go back to the main program, find out device manager and click BMW Scanner to select driver software you want to update.
7) Select “Browse my computer for driver software”>> “Universal serial bus controllers”>> “FTDI driver” >> “USB Serial Converter”, then accept window prompt to go on operation
Install the FTDI driver
9) Wait some seconds until the BMW scanner detects the software. Run software and select your options after successful install driver
You can download a secure program from Windows XP Mode, Virtual PC and Microsoft before operation
Carsoft 6.5
I seared and saw a great post about carsoft 6.5 software installation on win 7 http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?952429-Carsoft-Success!/page70 . I followed on the step guide and it worked. But have to close anti-virus software before that.

is there a software version (software program & driver) for Apple OSX? want to run it on Macbook Air

Top Bottom