Bouncy F30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mac3701

Club Guest
Hi all, just had by F30 for few months. Realise when I hit above 150km the car get very bouncy, like a rabbit!Even I am in sport mode! This is very interesting, because I also drive a golf which is very gripping even whenI hit 190km. I wonder did i set something wrong on the suspension or I likely got a badly assembled SKD??Hope some Sifu can advise. Thanks!

the stock suspension is too soft for high speeds on our undulating highways. if you're going to make that a habit, it will be safer to use stiffer aftermarket springs/shocks.

The sports mode doesnt change any of the suspension settings since our local spec F30 do not come with adaptive suspension.This is one of the options that would really diffrentiate the car..but... So the car feels a bit floaty at those speeds. Im waiting for the M prrformance suspension to land on our shores to upgrade.
Is it already available for bookign? My SA keeps saying next month maybe next month....

I've enquired abt aftermarket lowering spring available in Malaysia fr F30. You can opt fr H&R at RM1300 or Eibach Pro Kit fr RM1200. All excluding installation and balancing (if required). However, a disclaimer here, if u r d kind who cautious abt warranty void, then changing aftermarket springs will void the suspension warranty... d infamous "steering rack" issues falls under this category.

dont go for permanent M sport suspension, very solid at very high speed, but a bit hard for everyday slow speed driving.. the way to go is adaptive M sport suspension.. ( if bmw msia offers la..)

farhan100;782547 said:
dont go for permanent M sport suspension, very solid at very high speed, but a bit hard for everyday slow speed driving.. the way to go is adaptive M sport suspension.. ( if bmw msia offers la..)

adaptive suspension will cost a bomb, not to mention that it will be pricey to maintain as well.

Akhie;782169 said:
I've enquired abt aftermarket lowering spring available in Malaysia fr F30. You can opt fr H&R at RM1300 or Eibach Pro Kit fr RM1200. All excluding installation and balancing (if required). However, a disclaimer here, if u r d kind who cautious abt warranty void, then changing aftermarket springs will void the suspension warranty... d infamous "steering rack" issues falls under this category.

Dun go with Eibach if you want very good handling. Its softer than M Sport springs.

jennypenny;782760 said:
adaptive suspension will cost a bomb, not to mention that it will be pricey to maintain as well.

well this is one of the ways to have good high speed handling s well s good slow speed ride.. in this triangle, price is sacrificed..

let me know when all three angles can be favorable to us.. got a feeling its not that far away...

Agree the F30 we get here is a softie. It takes abit of getting used to, but it grips. Another option would be to get firmer shockers, i.e. if they are available from Bilstien and the likes.

it's bouncy becos we drive too fast (without realising how fast it really is) . try the same bouncy road at lower speed (which is actually thenormal speed) hahaha

farhan100;782547 said:

Good tip bro...

mac3701;782001 said:
Hi all, just had by F30 for few months. Realise when I hit above 150km the car get very bouncy, like a rabbit!
Even I am in sport mode! This is very interesting, because I also drive a golf which is very gripping even when
I hit 190km. I wonder did i set something wrong on the suspension or I likely got a badly assembled SKD??

Hope some Sifu can advise. Thanks!

I kinda had the same feeling. I had a honda accord 2.4 before and i felt that that the f30 328 was too bouncy in comparison ?..at least i know now i was not the only one
feeling this ..

farhan100;782547 said:

Farhan100, i have been told that this will make us forfeit the BSRI ?

MarcoMeswara;783981 said:
Farhan100, i have been told that this will make us forfeit the BSRI ?

Partly true. The part that is changed is no longer coverred under BSRI. But as long as its a BMW genuine part, warranty is maintained. In this case the suspension that is changed to another genuine BMW part, is no longer coevered for free replacements due to wear and tear under the duration BSRI program. The replaced suspension will be coverred under its own warranty should a failure occur. BSRI for all other parts remain.

Jason

jason;784009 said:
Partly true. The part that is changed is no longer coverred under BSRI. But as long as its a BMW genuine part, warranty is maintained. In this case the suspension that is changed to another genuine BMW part, is no longer coevered for free replacements due to wear and tear under the duration BSRI program. The replaced suspension will be coverred under its own warranty should a failure occur. BSRI for all other parts remain.

Jason

Thanx jason... Looks like i need to budget for this adaptive-M-suspension thingy ? :) Can we ever get it in Malaysia ? Estimated Cost ?

I do not think the M Adaptive suspension is available for retrofit thru official channels. Wait for the tuner shops to offerlah. U can get non adaptive sports suspension from the well known brands oredi, but I do not know the price.

Jason

thanks a bunch jason the resourceful..

btw marco if ur reading this, me read somewhere in this site theres this aftermarket suspension being very highly recommended by many members here.. ' kw v2' or something like that.. cant remember its for which car..

maybe jason can elaborate more..

farhan100;784324 said:
thanks a bunch jason the resourceful..

btw marco if ur reading this, me read somewhere in this site theres this aftermarket suspension being very highly recommended by many members here.. ' kw v2' or something like that.. cant remember its for which car..

maybe jason can elaborate more..

KW V2 is proven for E46 and E90 but for F30, please make sure you get the specific version

I haven't been shopping around for suspension so I cannot tell you the prices. But I know of brands such as H&R and KW. Bilstein and eibach are OK too but may not be fully performance oriented but are reliable and will firm up the ride somewhat. H&R and KW have versions for the F30 out now, most that have installed them, have them on for cosmetic reasons. I have not heard much about performance and ride quality on the F30.

Jason

Top Bottom