BMW Innovation Days 28th-29th AUGUST 2010

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Guys theres no such thing as a free lunch...so those who participated you are now unofficial ambasadors of the brand...so go and spread the 'Joy' around.

Al BUndy - Tkns Bro!

al bundy,

tkns for the heads up & info on the sg. Besi Innovation Day last sat. If not for yr info, i would not hv participated. And tkns to Astroboy for registering me for Sat Drive & Sunny for being a great sport in coming along with us as cameraman.

The Innovation Day gave us a great close-up of all the new DCT-equipped cars. And to my suprised we were allowed to drive/test the cars independently, without a salesman sitting next to you and telling u features of the car (which we probably know even more than them). Whizzing along MEX highway at 170km/h was fun. I got my dream drive 335i DCT, and on the way bck, i drove the 325i carbriolet with the top-down!

DCT grearchange was superb, smooth and no-lag with the turbo. Power is seamless but unfortunately can't tarik as the 135i driver in front of me was a 'pussy'...how i'd wished astroboy was that driver instead, as he was d passenger in the 135i at that time...

After reaching PutraJaya, we were suprised to get a preview of BMW Driver Training. Each of us we transferred to a 320d and taught how to brake hard and avoid the cones using the ABS...The atmoshere was great, fun was 110% and when you buy a BMW, its not a car you are just buying...its a total BMW Customer Experiece you are getting. Kudos to BMW Msia.

Again, tkns for the Innovation Day heads up Al BUndy...also tkns in advance for this weekend's chapati & thosai...hehe...

Cheers
GilaJazz

I can still imagine both DY and me were shouting in the 135i at the 'pussy'... "FLOORRR!! 335i COUPE IS CLOSING IN!!!" :D :D

The next thing we heard on the radio was "... car # ?, please do not tail gate the 135, please pull back.. " .. then DY start his lecture in the 135i on how a 135i should be driven.. free lesson in the car from the master of 335i.. haha!

Zul;548103 said:
Yes, I'm waiting for it. Any X6 for the test drive?

Apparently an X6 was supposed to be in the line up but it was SOLD at the very last minute so no X6 this time around.

astroboy;548206 said:
The next thing we heard on the radio was "... car # ?, please do not tail gate the 135, please pull back.. " .. then DY start his lecture in the 135i on how a 135i should be driven.. free lesson in the car from the master of 335i.. haha!

The X5 was smelling my Z4 35 arse and was ticked off for doing that on the run up... haha. Couldnt help it when there was traffic holding us up... Good fun though.

That X5 3.0 diesel is one of my favourite cars. At idling it's like a typical in line 6, on the move it's a serious piece of driving machine, and the fuel gauge needle never moved!! (ok moved very slightly)!! ;)

i really enjoyed the x5 3.0D. didn't even feel like big vehicle. Catching up on the z4 was awesome because we wanted to hear the exhaust tone... beautiful man.....
tried to play with t2 with some flashing too but got warned...hahahahaha.... the rempit's in the blood....
couldn't do this with the f10.....

no way la 535i....that one bro izam can do la...
i'm on MYR salary.... i really like the pre-owned ones... hmmm too bad. parallel import la for me.. again...

astroboy;548050 said:
My money is on the 135i.. :p :D :D

You would have won. I outdragged the 335i while in the 135i from a standing start at the rest area. Excellent car and FAST!!

First thing Ivan said over the walkie as we drove off from AB Sg Besi: Will the driver of the 135i please do not remodel my backside. :D

How on earth did he know I was already in Sports mode and preparing the lead weights for my right foot??

Aiyaa.. the 135 from the outside is so unimpressive, whoever pick the car only with one intention in mind.. :listen:

.. except my co-driver on Saturday, he wanted to buy a 535i and no car for him to test, and so he tried a 135i. The hard suspension was giving him a hard time negotiating the bends on the MEX while Gila's 335i cucuking from behind, and both the co-pilot and rear seat passenger shouting into his ear "TEKAN!".. a peep into the rear window, can see Gila's hand waving over his dash, signalling us to GO FASTER!!.. :D :D

Traveler, did u see there's a "SPORT" button behind the shifter? Need to tekan that button to engage the DCT sport map of whatever it meant. Pushing the shifter to DS is not good enough! That was my only drive mode for the day! :top:

astroboy;548337 said:
Traveler, did u see there's a "SPORT" button behind the shifter? Need to tekan that button to engage the DCT sport map of whatever it meant. Pushing the shifter to DS is not good enough! That was my only drive mode for the day! :top:

Did not see that!! You mean the car could have gone even faster?? Wah.. am impressed! :top:

Pressing the sport button will only sharpen the throttle response and improve the steering feel at high speed.

To get a power button, you need to buy ///M :)

ALBundy;548375 said:
Pressing the sport button will only sharpen the throttle response and improve the steering feel at high speed.

To get a power button, you need to buy ///M :)

Hahaha... How true!

this event put a silly wide grin on my face for the next few days...i thought i was pro when i overtook a car on the outside lane flying along a long left-hand sweeper in the Z4 until i remembered the words of the salesman who sold my mum her E60 , "when you pull off something spectacular, its not you. its the car"

ALBundy;548058 said:
How can you got it all mixed up...YS a lot taller!!!! Hahahaha...;)

Hi Albundy! They (son and dad) look so alike and are almost equally 'tall'!:wink:

BMW Innovation Days

I have registered for Quill session, but was told only those invited will be informed.

How do I make sure I m shortlisted, invited and can choose the model that I wanna try ?

mat6689;548527 said:
I have registered for Quill session, but was told only those invited will be informed.

How do I make sure I m shortlisted, invited and can choose the model that I wanna try ?

The cars are provided by BMW Malaysia, not the dealer. So BMW Malaysia has the final say on who get to attend and drive what car.

Call BMW Voice: 1 800 88 3000 and tell them your wishes.. :D

astroboy;548545 said:
The cars are provided by BMW Malaysia, not the dealer. So BMW Malaysia has the final say on who get to attend and drive what car.

Call BMW Voice: 1 800 88 3000 and tell them your wishes.. :D

Actually respective dealers do provide part of the fleet, so they do have a say, afterall its Quill's event.

I suggest those interested to call the respective dealers and make a reservation to avoid disappointment :)

Cheers

sunnypuan;546150 said:
The only let down is the car is everywhere on the highway. have to counter the steering frequently. Might be the suspension set up or the 19" wheels ! !

sunnypuan, how do you mean the car is everywhere on the highway? It feels light when going fast is it?

Top Bottom