BMW Innovation Days 28th-29th AUGUST 2010

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ALBundy;548550 said:
Actually respective dealers do provide part of the fleet, so they do have a say, afterall its Quill's event.

I suggest those interested to call the respective dealers and make a reservation to avoid disappointment :)

Cheers

Ooo. ya kah?! hehe... I just sent 2 rempit kaki to Quill and registered for the 135i.. They currently drives Passat and GTI, let's hope they don't remodel the lead car backside.. :p

They called BMW Voice, and also spoke to Quill..

A word of advice, try jump into the driver seat ASAP, 2nd stretch after the R&R driver switch not so shiok, on return trip, you will be shuffled into another car, possibly 118i.. :eek: , actually give me anything also I can rempit, but what made matter worst, heavy rain on the way back. KNS! it was a 50kph cruise.. what a WASTE!!

ALBundy;548149 said:
If DSC is on, once the wheels spin engine power will be reduced, so back to square one.

Bottom line...want to do launch control, get a car with DCT!!:top:

How about installing LSD? Will that help with the wheel spin when trying to launch?

Traveler;548327 said:
You would have won. I outdragged the 335i while in the 135i from a standing start at the rest area. Excellent car and FAST!!

Hmm. I thought the 135i is quite a lot faster than the E92 335i due to the weight, but there's only 50kg difference in the weight according to BMW technical specs webpage. Also, it lists the 0-60mph is only 0.2s faster than the 335i, which is not a lot.

kamion;549231 said:
How about installing LSD? Will that help with the wheel spin when trying to launch?

LSD is to limit the left/right wheel slip, if both slip, LSD ignore. To minimise wheel spin, you need launch control which actually is slipping the clutch while maintaining full throttle. Imagine ABS on the wheel, now on the clutches.. The new //M cars have this feature and limit for using 5 times, after that, overhaul gearbox.. :D :D

astroboy;549241 said:
LSD is to limit the left/right wheel slip, if both slip, LSD ignore. To minimise wheel spin, you need launch control which actually is slipping the clutch while maintaining full throttle. Imagine ABS on the wheel, now on the clutches.. The new //M cars have this feature and limit for using 5 times, after that, overhaul gearbox.. :D :D

The older e46 ///M3 also has this feature, DY has witnessed this first hand with the csl;) The 135, 335 and z4sdrive35 with DCT also have launch control.

On the contrary the Getrag unit used by BMW is very hardy unlike the one on the GTR. There are some good info available on the net, one guy has even done more than 5 launches in one go on his e92 ///M. Once the gearbox overheats it will be in Safe mode.

astroboy;549225 said:
Ooo. ya kah?! hehe... I just sent 2 rempit kaki to Quill and registered for the 135i.. They currently drives Passat and GTI, let's hope they don't remodel the lead car backside.. :p

They called BMW Voice, and also spoke to Quill..

A word of advice, try jump into the driver seat ASAP, 2nd stretch after the R&R driver switch not so shiok, on return trip, you will be shuffled into another car, possibly 118i.. :eek: , actually give me anything also I can rempit, but what made matter worst, heavy rain on the way back. KNS! it was a 50kph cruise.. what a WASTE!!

Your advice will not work as a different would be used for Quill due to the location, similarly for Glenmarie, ask Sunny boy whom attended both events.;)

It's better to drive safe in the rain, even with my own car I hardly go above 80km/hr in the wet, better be safe than sorry;)

kamion;549231 said:

Hmm. I thought the 135i is quite a lot faster than the E92 335i due to the weight, but there's only 50kg difference in the weight according to BMW technical specs webpage. Also, it lists the 0-60mph is only 0.2s faster than the 335i, which is not a lot.

Wide and grippy tires would help to minimise wheel spin, try those semi slicks :)

Actually interior wise the 135 doesn't look much smaller to me than the 335, and it comes with better brakes (compared to the initial batch of 335)!!

The 335i is a heavier car on the highway. On sweeper, it can soak up unevenness much better than the light weight 135i. By that definition, the 335i offer more comfort, less drama. The 135i on the other hand it's raw! :love: Must slam the throttle to tame the beast, if you drive slow, the car is trying to be funny and irritates u..

astroboy;549314 said:
The 335i is a heavier car on the highway. On sweeper, it can soak up unevenness much better than the light weight 135i. By that definition, the 335i offer more comfort, less drama. The 135i on the other hand it's raw! :love: Must slam the throttle to tame the beast, if you drive slow, the car is trying to be funny and irritates u..

the 335i is one nervous car in my opinion...the 135i eventhough raw is more planted...

What the 335i lacking is a GT wing.. the designer realise the "mistake" and slap on one for their M3 GTS.. :top:

2010-BMW-M3-GTS-Rear-Angle-View-588x430.jpg

AB,

The GT wing look like Ah Beng car lar but the colour is nice & fierce.
So r u trading yr E90 for 335??:listen:

Just saw another sad news today... the M Division has decided to scrap the sedan M3.. :( All future M3 will only be available in coupe and convertible..

kamion;549209 said:
sunnypuan, how do you mean the car is everywhere on the highway? It feels light when going fast is it?

The car is nervous when I full throttle it on the highway. Could be the alignment geometry in not right.... Power wise, fantastic....Wish I can afford one ! !

ALBundy;549267 said:
Your advice will not work as a different would be used for Quill due to the location, similarly for Glenmarie, ask Sunny boy whom attended both events.;)

It's better to drive safe in the rain, even with my own car I hardly go above 80km/hr in the wet, better be safe than sorry;)

Albundy, I don't dare to show face anymore.... Scared kena BANNED if you guys see me the 3rd round ! !:eek: hahaha...

Front end lift is quite well documented in forums pertaining to the e90/92 335i.. I can concur that the 335i on standard Sport spec suspension does feel jittery and unplanted,more so at high speeds.
I do notice that on standard Sport spec cars,the front fender gap is noticeably bigger than the rear,which becomes even more evident when u have rear passengers.This increases the amount of air that gets under the car.Ever wonder why the front splitters of racing cars are so low,so much so that under some conditions they softly scrape the tarmac.

I'm still looking for solutions for this.Guys in the US and the UK hv tried some solutions to varying degrees of success.More research..more research.

Its not right to measure ground clearance using the fender gap. Our rear has a deeper wheel well, therefore fender gap can be designed narrow.

Ground clearance must be measured from ground up.

For all BMWs, if your fender gap for both front and rear is the same, that means its wrong. You have too much lift at the rear and CG is moved forward, hence car will suffer understeer.

supergripen;549541 said:
Front end lift is quite well documented in forums pertaining to the e90/92 335i.. I can concur that the 335i on standard Sport spec suspension does feel jittery and unplanted,more so at high speeds.
I do notice that on standard Sport spec cars,the front fender gap is noticeably bigger than the rear,which becomes even more evident when u have rear passengers.This increases the amount of air that gets under the car.Ever wonder why the front splitters of racing cars are so low,so much so that under some conditions they softly scrape the tarmac.

I'm still looking for solutions for this.Guys in the US and the UK hv tried some solutions to varying degrees of success.More research..more research.

I believe the 335i N54/N55 has taller CG vs the N52/N53. Remember reading a few post on folks who have moved from the N52 to the N54 complaining the car does not feel as "go karty" as the N52 anymore.

So any club members assigned to the Innovation Day in Kuching, Sarawak?

Salut

...I dunno abt you guys but what I feel abt the current line up is that this cars with all the electronics...one can only feel the true potential of the car when it is push to the extreme limits....but the thing is how often can you take it to the extreme limits unless on the tracks or in the drivers training... judging from the test drive that day thats how I felt and trust me I did take a Z4 almost to its limits...basically you just need the confidence of knowing what this cars can do...thats why I suppose they have this Innovation Days, its more like to educate abt what a beemer can do...

E46Fanatic;549597 said:
I believe the 335i N54/N55 has taller CG vs the N52/N53. Remember reading a few post on folks who have moved from the N52 to the N54 complaining the car does not feel as "go karty" as the N52 anymore.

Very true..I agree.The N54 does fill up the engine bay to the brim vertically.

astroboy;549559 said:
Its not right to measure ground clearance using the fender gap. Our rear has a deeper wheel well, therefore fender gap can be designed narrow.

Ground clearance must be measured from ground up.

For all BMWs, if your fender gap for both front and rear is the same, that means its wrong. You have too much lift at the rear and CG is moved forward, hence car will suffer understeer.

I agree on the first part where ground clearance is measured from the ground up,but I wasn't talking about ground clearance.I was comparing fender gaps and the longitudinal stance between cars of different state of suspension setups..two very different things.You will notice that cars with Bilstein B12s for instance,have a very different stance compared to say BMW's Sport setup.So I wouldn't say Bilstein was wrong for having a front that is lower than the rear.Same goes for Eibach's setup.

On the second part regarding too much lift at the rear/CG moved forward on BMWs,can u provide a link to prove the fact?? Would make a very interesting read.Thanx for sharing.

Top Bottom