BMW Innovation Days 28th-29th AUGUST 2010

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
320Dlah 530Dlah....best you go buy 4D First...RM200Big RM200Small...then 120D, 320D, 530D, 630D you can buy and park in your house ...no need to wait for innovation days.

XXX;546956 said:
320Dlah 530Dlah....best you go buy 4D First...RM200Big RM200Small...then 120D, 320D, 530D, 630D you can buy and park in your house ...no need to wait for innovation days.

Good idea! If kena I buy you 1 BMW wt no reverse gear:top:

initialM;546957 said:
Good idea! If kena I buy you 1 BMW wt no reverse gear:top:

Wah! that one really innovative la. It's a single door and open together with the windscreen :eek: Classis! :top:

initialM;546931 said:
Bundy,

Any chance of the event held in AB JB?

Initial M,

BMW Innovation Days will end at AB JB on 11-12 December weekend.

Next weekend will be @ Batu Berendam Airport, hosted by Seong Hoe (BMW dealer in Malacca) - One day event only on Sunday 8th August.

Went for the Innovation Day moments ago, so tired! [because slept 5am the nite before :p]

Had a lot of fun with the available BMWs, what I can say is, I want more! :love:

Had a chance to take the 135i, 320d and the LCI 118i, if not because the evening rain, I would have more fun with the 118i go-kart... :D

All participants had some emergency ABS braking avoid obstacle refresher course using the 320d, the instructor is very sharp in picking drivers' mistakes. He picked up some of my bad driving habits, looks like after driven for over 20 years, I still have a lot to learn. These lesson actually saves lives end of the day. Kudos to BMW Malaysia! :top:

had fun by dropping by and found familiar faces... the x5 damn good.. wanted to rempit with ribena hehehe but kena sound by Hammond.(sp?).. :D :D

the f10? hmmmmm donno la... didn't make me jump in excitement and say, yes this is the E39 replacement. maybe need to test drive a few more times in longer stretches.

Indeed the event is fantastic...Everybody had fun and driving tips ! ! I had lot's of fun today, even only being a cameraman. Gilajazz, great camera you have there ! !
But I did notice some participant during the drivers training really trash the BMW's their are assigned to. And I mean really trashed it...Eg doing the LAUNCH CONTROL PROCEDURE on a 320d.
Don't get me wrong, BMW's are for us to trashed....But need to trash it the correct way ! !
I sincerely felt that those said participant passion is not driving a BMW ! ! Their passion is to ruined a BMW....

Just my 0.02 cents....

Sunny, why u didn't teach me how to activate LAUNCH CONTROL in 320d? :eek:

that must be the car in front of me.. car number 10 of the 320Ds.... spinning wheels every time...

I saw.. and I thought he switches off his DSC which I quickly follow.. :p but still couldn't achieve similar result.. :(

I also wanted to try if the ABS still work with DSC off and if the DSC will switch on if detected car lost control without activating DSC.. :p

The most important phrase learnt for the day:"Car cannot start, is a much better situation than car cannot STOP!" Who disagree? :D

astroboy;547950 said:
I saw.. and I thought he switches off his DSC which I quickly follow.. :p but still couldn't achieve similar result.. :(

I also wanted to try if the ABS still work with DSC off and if the DSC will switch on if detected car lost control without activating DSC.. :p

My friend did a launch control on a Volkswagen Golf GTI MK6 before....Here's the step or procedure:

1. Switch off ESP.....:top:
2. Gear on sports mode.....:top:
3. Depress brake and fully depress the accelerator pedal....:top: (engine rpm will not go beyond 4000rpm)
4. Released brake....:top:
5. Hang on to the steering for the ride of your living daylights...:eek:

I do not think BMW's with a normal tranny will have such program. Hence if we were to perform "LC" on it, the tiny layer of clutch will be burned.

astroboy;547950 said:
The most important phrase learnt for the day:"Car cannot start, is a much better situation than car cannot STOP!" Who disagree? :D

what a cool statemen.... if not started how to stop ?

astroboy;547950 said:

Must admit that car #10 had DTC off momentarily at launch. Noticed with DTC on, the car slower climbing speed maybe DTC was holding rear wheels from spinning when full horses kicks in.

It was put back before braking point tho! Like Hammond said, trust the technology! ABS was on all time even with DTC off.

Honestly don't think much clutch was burnt as revs were only at 2k+ to bring engine up to max torque range (above 1.75k rpm). Only for a moment right before launch. Sorry if we were deemed to be labelled as trashing the cars, but let's admit it, it put a smile on everyone's face to see a 320d able to do all those things. :wink:

Wonder why car #10 was said to be "Perfect every time!" :top:

Kudos to BMW Malaysia for such a enjoyable & awesome event, the Z4 35i was awesome + scary at the corners, very tail happy! Kudos to BMW for such great cars! :top:

Dang, I had the Z4 35i top down for only 5 mins into the drive before it started to piss....

But nevermind, top up i hit an obscene number on the speedo later... :)

sunnypuan;547856 said:
Indeed the event is fantastic...Everybody had fun and driving tips ! ! I had lot's of fun today, even only being a cameraman. Gilajazz, great camera you have there ! !
But I did notice some participant during the drivers training really trash the BMW's their are assigned to. And I mean really trashed it...Eg doing the LAUNCH CONTROL PROCEDURE on a 320d.
Don't get me wrong, BMW's are for us to trashed....But need to trash it the correct way ! !
I sincerely felt that those said participant passion is not driving a BMW ! ! Their passion is to ruined a BMW....

Just my 0.02 cents....

affan66;547895 said:
that must be the car in front of me.. car number 10 of the 320Ds.... spinning wheels every time...

Yupp..glad to admit car #10 was driven with plenty of passion & fun to back it up all by me & my co-driver. Like ckhaw & instrustor Hammond reminded me of "wonder why car #10 was perfect doing that braking test in all the runs and with big grins on our face". :D

Affan66, now i know who you are :)...you were with another indian co-driver right.

3er;547976 said:
Dang, I had the Z4 35i top down for only 5 mins into the drive before it started to piss....

But nevermind, top up i hit an obscene number on the speedo later... :)

Yea man.. obscene numbers!

Sunday 1st August Sg Besi-Day 2 BMW Innovation Day

Had a another great day today! Caught up with Albundy again and Ivan Khong also again. Also met Hammond Lai who took the other half of the 4 pm batch and met MSPORTS Vincent! Great car the 335i-a scorcher of a performance car, excited me more then the Z335si -loved it's engine note-a higher pitch wail as compared with the Z4's low pitch growl. Glad I took the 335i out and the return ride I had was the 325i convertible which is more of a luxury cruiser, not a sports performer. When we reached Putrajaya, the 320ds were alll lined up (like pretty maidens looking for suitors) for the 2 drivers training modules and they looked a pretty sight indeed-diesels are here to stay and they won't disappoint! YS told me he would choose the 320d over any slighty more expensive car anytime for its lovely torque! Even a BMW costing 50K more (hint,hint). The 320d drivers training test cars were all brand new-240km on the speedo! and the other cars were new too-1500km on the speedo.

Top Bottom